LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne going to jail.

Awesome

Hey Carogan thanks for answering my Question

I don't really get the Hayne hate
this is a guy that gave up LOTS of money and his current lifestyle to play for your club
if he was treating it like a publicity stunt or not giving 110% to your team I could maybe understand

I have members of my own fav teams that I turn against because they are not giving it their all out on the field/court

is the Hayne hate coming from the Hayne fan base being OTT ( not all are though )?

Australia has a history of being the Underdog, infact we relish in being it
this is an Underdog Story, Australians are eating this up

we see the USA and the Sports they play as the pinnacle of each and every sport ( Basketball, Baseball, Swimming, track and Field etc )
if we can get anyone into those sports and do well against other Americans we feel on top of the world. it's a national pride that a country with the same Population as LA can compete and do well

Anyway I hope he does well

the realist in me knows that he is up against it now ( with the New coach) as this is a pretty much a whole new team
even TB said they (49ers) have done everything promised to him it's a clean slate hopefully he has the tools to move forward

The ball is now in his court he needs to keep giving 110% ( sitting at about 90% at the moment , as he should be doing extra training in the USA )

that will do me for now

might comments some more later ( in the next NEW and Improved HAYNE thread )
Originally posted by 220s:
True and the removal of the Hayne threads has contributed to the rehashing of the same arguments over and over.
Every time we got a new influx of Hayne supporters we revisit the same arguments no doubt partly because the previous dozen times they had been done have been deleted.
Its all well and good for mods and vets to get pissed at the rehashing of the same old thing but when there is no record on the forum of it ever being discussed you cant blame a newbie for starting the argument all over again.
My suggestion would be combine all the old Hayne threads, highlight where and why warnings and bans were handed out, why threads were locked and put it up as a locked sticky.
If nothing else it should keep any newbie Hayne fans reading well into next preseason before they post.

While the point about new posters has occurred, it's also true that regular posters, from both sides of the Pacific, have been more than ready to jump into the argument and prolong it when that happens, rather than try to defuse it. It also true that those rehashed arguments have flared up on occasions without any prompting from a new member.

I agree that the actions of mods is at times arbitrary at best, but posters are hardly blameless. If more restraint was shown on both sides, it wouldn't get like this but that's a pipe dream. We all know sport and peoples sporting heroes are emotive topics.

I'm starting to think the only way things will change is if Hayne is either cut outright or has a good year. If it's another mediocre season and he gets benched or sent to the PS again, I feel the same debates will still be cropping up in a year from now.
[ Edited by Zealot on Feb 15, 2016 at 3:33 PM ]
  • 220s
  • Veteran
You could be right, Ive been lurking here since the original Hayne thread was in single digits and posting since the first preseason game, The endless debates over and over don't worry me, the , the name calling, the RL related posts, the what Hayne had for breakfast and what color underwear he's wearing posts don't worry me.
I think 408 summed it up people need to self moderate with what they read and reply to, I must admit I did hit the report to mod button once because I was feed up with people posting page after page of garbage simply trying to run the page count up and keep the Hayne thread at the top of the page.

My biggest complaint is the continual deletion of the Hayne threads, yeah the was a lot of garbage in them but some very good info as well.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
True and the removal of the Hayne threads has contributed to the rehashing of the same arguments over and over.
Every time we got a new influx of Hayne supporters we revisit the same arguments no doubt partly because the previous dozen times they had been done have been deleted.
Its all well and good for mods and vets to get pissed at the rehashing of the same old thing but when there is no record on the forum of it ever being discussed you cant blame a newbie for starting the argument all over again.
My suggestion would be combine all the old Hayne threads, highlight where and why warnings and bans were handed out, why threads were locked and put it up as a locked sticky.
If nothing else it should keep any newbie Hayne fans reading well into next preseason before they post.

While the point about new posters has occurred, it's also true that regular posters, from both sides of the Pacific, have been more than ready to jump into the argument and prolong it when that happens, rather than try to defuse it. It also true that those rehashed arguments have flared up on occasions without any prompting from a new member.

I agree that the actions of mods is at times arbitrary at best, but posters are hardly blameless. If more restraint was shown on both sides, it wouldn't get like this but that's a pipe dream. We all know sport and peoples sporting heroes are emotive topics.

I'm starting to think the only way things will change is if Hayne is either cut outright or has a good year. If it's another mediocre season and he gets benched or sent to the PS again, I feel the same debates will still be cropping up in a year from now.

That includes you sharing some of that blame you are finger pointing about. Please get off your high horse an accept you have some dirt on your hand as well mate. You always take one side
  • thl408
No more thread deletions. I plan on cutting up some plays of Hayne executing zone blocking runs to show how he wasn't able to have as much success on those type of runs.

I will, however, put the thread on temporary lock if there is an exchange of personal attacks. Just to calm tempers. This thread will be permanent.
Originally posted by thl408:
No more thread deletions. I plan on cutting up some plays of Hayne executing zone blocking runs to show how he wasn't able to have as much success on those type of runs.

I will, however, put the thread on temporary lock if there is an exchange of personal attacks. Just to calm tempers. This thread will be permanent.

bewdy newk
  • 220s
  • Veteran

You could be right, Ive been lurking here since the original Hayne thread was in single digits and posting since the first preseason game, The endless debates over and over don't worry me, the , the name calling, the RL related posts, the what Hayne had for breakfast and what color underwear he's wearing posts don't worry me.
I think 408 summed it up people need to self moderate with what they read and reply to, I must admit I did hit the report to mod button once because I was feed up with people posting page after page of garbage simply trying to run the page count up and keep the Hayne thread at the top of the page.

My biggest complaint is the continual deletion of the Hayne threads, yeah the was a lot of garbage in them but some very good info as well.

I think the first bold part is partly the reason for your complaint in the second part and one reason, especially more recently, for the deletions also. It's also one reason why new posters may come in and immediately hit a raw nerve because they can't reasonably go back and see what had been covered already because the thread was 500+ pages long.

Like yourself, I've been here posting and reading for a little while. I don't have a personal issue with any member, personal attacks don't bother me and I've never reported anyone. Anyway, the nature of the Hayne threads has changed over that time. It was almost kind of a 24/7 thread but not in the lot and I participated heavily. It was fun but I can see how that might've gotten up the nose of some locals, as we were able to operate outside the regular standards. Hindsight is 20/20, but the mods probably should've been harder on what they allowed in the various Hayne threads from day one and much of the stuff that lead to locks may have been avoided. I admit I wouldnt have thought back at the start we'd go through half a dozen threads and be seeing basically the same or similar arguments cropping up as we were almost 6 or 12 months ago.

I'd extend what thl said to include what we post altogether, not just what is read or responded to. If we all, me included, made the effort to post only when there was something new and truly relevant to Hayne and his football career to discuss, and took all other conversation to the parking lot thread, it would probably make for smoother sailing for all. It might not keep the thread on top where some may like to see it, but at least people who wished to be informed about Hayne the footballer without having to wade through hundreds of pages would have a place to go and those who want a more permissive environment would have that too, in the form of the parking lot thread.

Cool T.H, if we can all avoid answering to the baiting and the trolling from outsiders we'll be fine. hey guys?
Originally posted by Zealot:
I think the first bold part is partly the reason for your complaint in the second part and one reason, especially more recently, for the deletions also. It's also one reason why new posters may come in and immediately hit a raw nerve because they can't reasonably go back and see what had been covered already because the thread was 500+ pages long.

Like yourself, I've been here posting and reading for a little while. I don't have a personal issue with any member, personal attacks don't bother me and I've never reported anyone. Anyway, the nature of the Hayne threads has changed over that time. It was almost kind of a 24/7 thread but not in the lot and I participated heavily. It was fun but I can see how that might've gotten up the nose of some locals, as we were able to operate outside the regular standards. Hindsight is 20/20, but the mods probably should've been harder on what they allowed in the various Hayne threads from day one and much of the stuff that lead to locks may have been avoided. I admit I wouldnt have thought back at the start we'd go through half a dozen threads and be seeing basically the same or similar arguments cropping up as we were almost 6 or 12 months ago.

I'd extend what thl said to include what we post altogether, not just what is read or responded to. If we all, me included, made the effort to post only when there was something new and truly relevant to Hayne and his football career to discuss, and took all other conversation to the parking lot thread, it would probably make for smoother sailing for all. It might not keep the thread on top where some may like to see it, but at least people who wished to be informed about Hayne the footballer without having to wade through hundreds of pages would have a place to go and those who want a more permissive environment would have that too, in the form of the parking lot thread.

Hey Z Ive coined it FTL finger tapping lazy.

• Ute66
  • Veteran

That sounds great, looking forward to that.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

thl408 You have restored my confidence and with an assurance like that it would be complete;y petulant for me to stay away. (groans from some haha)

There is an article that I will try to link below that in the title says NFL Trade Rumors: San Francisco 49ers Refuse Jarryd Hayne Deal; Colin Kaepernick Out, Tim Tebow In? -

But the article says no more than what we already know. What? They must be getting props from aussie media.

See more at: http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/62236/20160215/nfl-trade-rumors-san-francisco-49ers-refuse-jarryd-hayne-deal-colin-kaepernick-out-tim-tebow-in.htm#sthash.7g3xmrCS.dpuf
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Cool T.H, if we can all avoid answering to the baiting and the trolling from outsiders we'll be fine. hey guys?

Yes this
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by 4x4niner:

Yes this

Yep and reasonable criticisms need to be held separate from baiting and trolling.
Share 49ersWebzone