There are 180 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne going to jail.

Originally posted by carogan:
I'm not Aussie, I'm Canadian. And I said you could feel free to keep your rules and I'll freely lurk and just post in other forums if you don't want me or us.

Someone asked where I was and I said I'm not interested in posting here anymore. Take it for what you will. Personally - I have no interest in debating this topic with you anymore than this last post. You're free to keep your little clique the way you've always had it for all I care. I won't lose sleep over it.

Peace out.

Later!

Don't let the doorknob hit ya', where the good lord split ya'!
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Why did you even quote cowboy if you weren't going to answer a single one of his questions?

Also to your point about being off topic. There's another thread in the parking lot you can post in if you'd like to talk about non football related items. You guys aren't special so I'm not sure why you guys should get separate rules. British didn't come in demanding things be different for them when Okoye joined the team.

I did answer his question. I'm the Canadian Seahawk fan and he wondered where I went. And I explained that I can't be bothered with posting here anymore because of guys like you.

Peace out.
I did answer his question. I'm the Canadian Seahawk fan and he wondered where I went. And I explained that I can't be bothered with posting here anymore because of guys like you.

Peace out.
Final parting thought.

Here we have a brand new fan base that has brought a tremendous amount of interest due to Hayne's presence. If you go to the 1st page of Niner Talk, and you take out the Kaepernick thread, you could add up all the other pages from all the other threads COMBINED and you might have as much discussion as all the Hayne threads that have been deleted combined.

Yet we have knobs here that are more than content to drive away this mass of potentially new fans (and I say potential, because these transitions don't occur unconditionally).

Backwards thinking. But hey...its your forum. Do as you please.
Final parting thought.

Here we have a brand new fan base that has brought a tremendous amount of interest due to Hayne's presence. If you go to the 1st page of Niner Talk, and you take out the Kaepernick thread, you could add up all the other pages from all the other threads COMBINED and you might have as much discussion as all the Hayne threads that have been deleted combined.

Yet we have knobs here that are more than content to drive away this mass of potentially new fans (and I say potential, because these transitions don't occur unconditionally).

As many aussies have stated before they have no interest in other players on this team, and most of them if not all are only hayne fans and if he were cut tomorrow they would follow him to wherever he goes. No shame in that, that's just how it is.

>inb4 the "go hayne, go niners" comments
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Final parting thought.

As many aussies have stated before they have no interest in other players on this team, and most of them if not all are only hayne fans and if he were cut tomorrow they would follow him to wherever he goes. No shame in that, that's just how it is.

Hey I am not just a Hayne fan. I like that Joe Namath fella . Anyone who could stay up all night partying with broads and then go win a superbowl is my sort of guy. He doesn't play much anymore though
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:

They have "no interest" YET.

That interest is conditional on the perceived fairness that their guy is treated in his attempts to playing this code (not necessarily if he makes it), the length of time he is in the mix - and thus the length of time that these fans are exposed to this new game, new rules, its players, and fans like you, and their overall experience.

But it seems that some of you are more than happy to ensure that the interest of these new fans is short-lived enough that they can't/won't fully transition over to this new sport. But whatever - I wouldn't blame them because I couldn't be bothered if this fan base is made up of fans like you.
They have "no interest" YET.

That interest is conditional on the perceived fairness that their guy is treated in his attempts to playing this code (not necessarily if he makes it), the length of time he is in the mix - and thus the length of time that these fans are exposed to this new game, new rules, its players, and fans like you, and their overall experience.

But it seems that some of you are more than happy to ensure that the interest of these new fans is short-lived enough that they can't/won't fully transition over to this new sport. But whatever - I wouldn't blame them because I couldn't be bothered if this fan base is made up of fans like you.

R E L A X

Everything I stated I reiterated from Aussies and most of them have flat out stated they go where Hayne goes. Simple.

Now...

C H I L L
Getting a lecture from a Seahawks fan about how this forum should be run .

What's so hard about going to the parking lot if you want to discuss non football related Aussie stuff? No one is telling them flat out they can't talk about other items. Only that THIS thread should be reserved for things relating to Hayne and the niners.
I'm still hovering around. Just get tired of making detailed posts only to see them get deleted by the mods. Personally I think the mods and "faithful" need to loosen up a bit and recognize that the Hayne threads should be treated differently than their other typical threads. The posters that gather here are different than their typical ones. There's a different knowledge base, different contribution level, different perspective, different motivation...just different everything about the guys and gals that congregate here because most of us followed Hayne onto the 49ers. What do they want these posters to do...go to the other threads and share their "expertise" with the vets on the differences between a 3-4 and 4-3 defence?!?! They should just let you guys post and chat and do whatever on here...and if they don't like the content then just don't open up the thread.

What really gets me are the posters that complain that when they come in here there isn't enough football talk and too much NRL or rugby talk?!?!? What do you expect? Dude touched the ball a dozen times. We've talked "football" about those dozen plays over a thousand pages...if the guys wander off topic or, heaven forbid, talk about the football codes which gave Hayne his "NFL" level skills, what is the problem - and why is it even off topic??? The reason Hayne is so fascinating is because everyone is waiting to see if a rugby player can convert and produce on the football field.

But whatever...its their site. They're free to keep deleting these threads and we're free to just lurk...and post on other sites.

That isn't why the threads have been removed.

What I don't understand is why someone who keeps saying he has no interest in posting here ...... keeps posting here.

Originally posted by English:
That isn't why the threads have been removed.

What I don't understand is why someone who keeps saying he has no interest in posting here ...... keeps posting here.

Well English, its because I respond when someone makes a direct query to me. Again, a poster asked me where I had gone (because, apparently, some of the posters valued my input on the board)...so I answered him. Just as I'm answering you now. I hadn't logged in in 2 months, and probably won't log in again - unless someone asks something of me directly. Is that too hard to understand?

The last time this discussion was had regarding deleted threads I said I wasn't going to bother to come back then - a mod specifically asked me NOT to leave because he valued the input I had been providing on the board - not like the trolls that you call your "faithful" that have been posting in this thread. Apparently it was very constructive and beneficial especially for the new members.

Apparently you don't remember but whatever. It doesn't sound like you give too much of a care. So I'm not going to bother anymore - not with the attitudes of members like Nike and yourself.

I have no idea why the threads get removed - just go on based what I've read from other posters.

You guys can't handle it when I post something just to answer someone's question? It really isn't that important to me to be on here.

You guys act like juvenile grade schoolers in the "cool kids club". Have fun with your board.
[ Edited by carogan on Feb 15, 2016 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Getting a lecture from a Seahawks fan about how this forum should be run .

What's so hard about going to the parking lot if you want to discuss non football related Aussie stuff? No one is telling them flat out they can't talk about other items. Only that THIS thread should be reserved for things relating to Hayne and the niners.

What does being a Seahawk fan have to do with anything? I don't go trolling on here, and I've been a 49er fan because I've been pulling for Hayne. They're not my first choice - but you guys do make it very hard to care much about this team.

If you haven't noticed the Aussie/Hayne fans don't want to go to the parking lot. I made a suggestion - again, whatever. Don't listen to it. It's your forum. Just keep doing the same thing over and over and over again.

You act like a bunch of children. I'm going to post where adults converse in a civil manner.

Peace out.
And finally, peace off.
  • thl408
To be called children hurts me right in the feels.

I'm sorry you feel this was carogan because I'm the mod that asked you to stay and post because you bring good discussion. When threads get removed, why does that matter? There have been numerous threads (not Hayne) where I've spent time cutting up plays with pictures and animated gifs and they get removed. No big deal to me.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bewdynewkJH38:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by bewdynewkJH38:
If Bill Walsh was still coaching the 9ers, Hayne would be in a good place.

Chip will be just fine. We cant live in the past

I can live where ever I want mate

Half the forum lives God knows where...
Share 49ersWebzone