There are 90 users in the forums

Fan asks John York: When are you getting Harbaugh back?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Jim is a good coach who has been elevated to god status by media and fans for his magnetic personality and quick turnarounds of teams he takes over.

What I don't get is he gets to play victim card after turning down 3 contract extension offers (per Jim Trotter) and having a personality that burns people out quickly. What I also don't get is he gets hailed as all knowing genius god even though he's never won a national title or a super bowl title as a player or coach. Also negotiated with Michigan throughout the 2014 season.

Nobody can just handle the fact that he's a really good coach with a short shelf life, always has to be a whine-fest.

The yorks' poor choices outside of him + the Tomsula/Baalke stuff are separate issues to me.

Hopefully this post doesn't get overlooked too much. Harbaugh is a great coach if you need to turn a team around, but I highly doubt he can sustain success in the NFL. He has been in a pretty good situation talent wise at every stop he's been in. And the fact is, the Yorks brought Harbaugh to SF in the first place to turn the team around. The Yorks absolutely need credit for that.

But during Harbaugh's tenure in SF, he largely relied on a dominant defense and a mediocre offense to win games, despite the team continually adding better pieces to the offense each year. Keep in mind Harbaugh was hired as an offensive guru. What did Harbaugh do with those improved pieces each year? He slowly eroded the offense until finally in his last year it was a joke. He never, during his entire tenure, ran an efficient and effective offense. Fangio was left to his own devices with the defense; Harbaugh little to no input on the defensive gameplan and strategies.

The fact is, the Niners have been a joke for a very long time before Harbaugh was hired. He turned the team into a powerhouse by inheriting a very talented roster that was severely under-coached. Despite the talent improving each year under Harbaugh, the team did not necessarily perform better. Harbaugh would not make the changes necessary to improve offensive efficiency, nor would he change the playcalling procedures to ensure the team could get a snap off in time. Never in my life have I seen a professional football team look so disorganized and confused coming out of a huddle than Jim Harbaugh's 49ers. That also extends to Alex Smith's run under Harbaugh. Fans by and large had been so deprived of a winning team that they are willing to place Harbaugh on a podium despite his overall lackluster development of the team (remember, a roster that gets better every year should not perform worse every year).

I'm perfectly fine with the dismissal of Harbaugh. I think it was the right decision at the time. Schisms were beginning to form with players under Harbaugh and he simply was not doing what he was hired to do, that being design an effective and dominant offense. What was not handled well was the subsequent search for a head coach. Tomsula is clearly not the guy to lead this team, and will never be. But if Tomsula is dealing with and absolutely atrocious offensive line that cannot run block, what makes all of you think Harbaugh could run an effective offense with this roster? After all, he ran a run centric, clock control type of offense. That is the exact opposite of what this roster is currently designed to do (which may actually be designed to do not much of anything).

Bumping for you know who

If Harbaugh could have been Gould'ed at any time in the Super Bowl he would have had a team lead the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history, after the defense crapped the bed, with Kap.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Jim is a good coach who has been elevated to god status by media and fans for his magnetic personality and quick turnarounds of teams he takes over.

What I don't get is he gets to play victim card after turning down 3 contract extension offers (per Jim Trotter) and having a personality that burns people out quickly. What I also don't get is he gets hailed as all knowing genius god even though he's never won a national title or a super bowl title as a player or coach. Also negotiated with Michigan throughout the 2014 season.

Nobody can just handle the fact that he's a really good coach with a short shelf life, always has to be a whine-fest.

The yorks' poor choices outside of him + the Tomsula/Baalke stuff are separate issues to me.

Hopefully this post doesn't get overlooked too much. Harbaugh is a great coach if you need to turn a team around, but I highly doubt he can sustain success in the NFL. He has been in a pretty good situation talent wise at every stop he's been in. And the fact is, the Yorks brought Harbaugh to SF in the first place to turn the team around. The Yorks absolutely need credit for that.

But during Harbaugh's tenure in SF, he largely relied on a dominant defense and a mediocre offense to win games, despite the team continually adding better pieces to the offense each year. Keep in mind Harbaugh was hired as an offensive guru. What did Harbaugh do with those improved pieces each year? He slowly eroded the offense until finally in his last year it was a joke. He never, during his entire tenure, ran an efficient and effective offense. Fangio was left to his own devices with the defense; Harbaugh little to no input on the defensive gameplan and strategies.

The fact is, the Niners have been a joke for a very long time before Harbaugh was hired. He turned the team into a powerhouse by inheriting a very talented roster that was severely under-coached. Despite the talent improving each year under Harbaugh, the team did not necessarily perform better. Harbaugh would not make the changes necessary to improve offensive efficiency, nor would he change the playcalling procedures to ensure the team could get a snap off in time. Never in my life have I seen a professional football team look so disorganized and confused coming out of a huddle than Jim Harbaugh's 49ers. That also extends to Alex Smith's run under Harbaugh. Fans by and large had been so deprived of a winning team that they are willing to place Harbaugh on a podium despite his overall lackluster development of the team (remember, a roster that gets better every year should not perform worse every year).

I'm perfectly fine with the dismissal of Harbaugh. I think it was the right decision at the time. Schisms were beginning to form with players under Harbaugh and he simply was not doing what he was hired to do, that being design an effective and dominant offense. What was not handled well was the subsequent search for a head coach. Tomsula is clearly not the guy to lead this team, and will never be. But if Tomsula is dealing with and absolutely atrocious offensive line that cannot run block, what makes all of you think Harbaugh could run an effective offense with this roster? After all, he ran a run centric, clock control type of offense. That is the exact opposite of what this roster is currently designed to do (which may actually be designed to do not much of anything).

Bumping for you know who

If Harbaugh could have been Gould'ed at any time in the Super Bowl he would have had a team lead the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history, after the defense crapped the bed, with Kap.

Which would have made everyone happy, but it didn't happen. His brother slapped the entire org and fan base down and we are still not recovering
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

Bumping for you know who

Which would have made everyone happy, but it didn't happen. His brother slapped the entire org and fan base down and we are still not recovering

And now we have a coach who we don't have to worry about getting slapped in any post season games since we don't play in them.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
and I would kinda rather suck than get cockteased every year, less aggrevation and heartbreak and higher draft position. i love the giants strategy of winning it all every other year and missing the playoffs in odd years. saves heartbreak, lets bodies rest.

bc making the playoffs sucks

This is what i was saying. It seems like this is an attitude of some fans. Its better to be 4-9 and close to a top pick over missing the suoer bowl by a play in a great divisional rival gamd against an elite defense in the most hostile place to play.

I'd give anything to have a shot in the NFcC in Sea this season to finish the job, even if it means getting beat there.

Screw this 32nd in offense, tank games and suck off goff BS.

LOL. You think if Harbaugh was here this year, we'd be competing for an NFCCG?

But yes, our current coaching staff blows at the 3 top spots, no doubt.
I don't want Harbaugh back, but I don't want to keep Tomsula any longer, either. This isn't an either/or scenario.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 16, 2015 at 12:23 PM ]

Except the team never added better pieces to the offense. They added a bunch of poor fits and justified it by well they had 1,000 yard seasons in the past it has to work. Right? Right? I know they left/ acquried in different years but keeping Delanie Walker is a much better move then Stevie Johnson. We were a power rushing team and he played on 55% of plays. That is a huge mismatch nightmare. Do you play the run or do you play the pass either way we'll have an advantage. Instead you add a 3rd slow ass receiver and the running game goes down and no benefit on the passing game as well because everyone is slow as s**t. The team fell for the same trap that they did by letting go Harbaugh. It's the Super Bowl or bust mentality. What's that 1 move that will magically put us over the hump. Indy did the same this year by acquiring Andre Johnson and Frank Gore and look at them. Look how well Jimmy Graham was working in Seattle. You have to know what your identity is, and what your true weaknesses are.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 16, 2015 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Yeah while i was banned, and i read a couple things here near the end of harbaugh going, I seen alot more Ohh harbaugh needs to go its fine we have kap bulllsh*t, now all i hear from those same people "omggg kap just needs a coach because see look at harbaugh" Hypocritical AF lol

Exactly! But since the season has turned out the way it has....now everyone is grateful and praising him!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
and I would kinda rather suck than get cockteased every year, less aggrevation and heartbreak and higher draft position. i love the giants strategy of winning it all every other year and missing the playoffs in odd years. saves heartbreak, lets bodies rest.

bc making the playoffs sucks

This is what i was saying. It seems like this is an attitude of some fans. Its better to be 4-9 and close to a top pick over missing the suoer bowl by a play in a great divisional rival gamd against an elite defense in the most hostile place to play.

I'd give anything to have a shot in the NFcC in Sea this season to finish the job, even if it means getting beat there.

Screw this 32nd in offense, tank games and suck off goff BS.

LOL. You think if Harbaugh was here this year, we'd be competing for an NFCCG?

But yes, our current coaching staff blows at the 3 top spots, no doubt.

Where did I say that? I'm saying losing in the NFCC game is better the being at 4-9.

And I don't know what you are laughing at when you were the one with playoff predictions this season. Are you laughing at yourself for predicting we would go far this year and the offense would improve under Geepsula and that none of our losses this offeason are a big deal?

Finally nice to see you own up to it.

HAHA
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 16, 2015 at 3:14 PM ]
I get it now. Some of you guys would rather win the draft pick Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

High draft picks and most cap space in the league. That's what the game is all about. Forget this super bowl business. We're back to the 2003-2010 era.

We suck at that too. Watch us win in weeks 16 and 17 to build optimism for next year.
Yorks sell the team and bring in ownership to bring harbaugh back would be a fairy tale ending and winning the super bowl. I would cry!
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Yorks sell the team and bring in ownership to bring harbaugh back would be a fairy tale ending and winning the super bowl. I would cry!

I cried reading that.....

Beautiful, man. Just beautiful.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 16, 2015 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Selling the team, or even bringing in a new Presidebt/GM would make me deliriously happy. Bringing Harbaugh to a team that isn't loaded with established talent wouldn't be a good idea. I don't see him as a coach that comes in and builds a team from scratch. He is the kind of coach you bring in when you need a push over the top.
Share 49erswebzone