There are 86 users in the forums

Fan asks John York: When are you getting Harbaugh back?

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Those were 4 awesome years to be a niner fan. Sorry to those who hate harbaugh so much for whatever reason can't appreciate it.

Good times they were...
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Sorry, but no. If they had wanted him, they would have found a way to be there in time . Just like Michigan. And if his agent had any feelers the two of them would have explored them. Magness is there either weren't any, Or no one was willing to give him even close to what he wanted.

If Harbaugh wanted to play the game he would of waited longer than 10 seconds to sign onto his next team. Seriously he signed with Michigan 2 days after our season ended. It was basically York telling him he was no longer a 49er and him saying could you hold on a second I'm working out my deal with Michigan right now. You are aware of the Rooney rule right? A team couldn't even sign Harbaugh if they wanted to in that time frame until they've interviewed some black potential coaches. Get it thu your head he picked his own destination.

They tried to trade him and leaked the story to the media. The 49ers by that time had decided they did not want Harbaugh coaching the team.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by midrdan:
I love it when fans rip on Harbaugh for the poor offense he brought to SF.

2010 - Year before Harbaugh takes over - average 19.1 pts per game (24th)
2011 - 23.8 pts per game (11th)
2012 - 24.8 (11th)
2013 - 25.4 (11th)

So the guy took us from a bottom third offense to a top third offense. With Alex Smith and Colin Kapernick at the helm. Our receivers were Crabtree, Kyle Williams, Ted Ginn, Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin, AJ Jenkins ...

Teams that finished ahead of us in scoring had significant upgrades at QB, WR, or both - Saints (Brees), NE (Brady), Packers (Rodgers, Nelson, Cobb). Lions (Stafford/Megatron), Giants (Manning/Cruz/Nicks), Broncos (Manning/Thomas), Falcons (Ryan/White/Jones). We had a very good TE and a very good RB, but the top scoring teams had better overall offensive playmakers on the outside than we ever had and most had a much better QB.

So maybe, just maybe, before bashing Harbaugh for not bringing an offensive juggernaut in, we look at what he did with the players he had and show the guy a little respect. A top third offense without top third QB or top third receiving corps. That's scheme. That is maximizing the talent of the players he had.

Nah, let's crush the coach that went 44-19 because his team couldn't put up 30 points on the best defense in the league (Seattle). Scheme gets you so far guys. When your players are slower than the defensive players they line up against, you aren't going to light it up.

but our offense.. Lol
do your research , if you have to go by pts then your not really researching
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
^^^ monster high performing OL and power run game with Gore (HOF in his prime) against an NFL built to defend the pass, college QB and offense that no DC knew how to prepare for...Alex was ascending before Jim even got here and when he was, wasn't allowed to do anything with the team yet we still went to the NFCCG? Coaching? Talent? Camp Alex. About all the time Jim had to do was provide a vision, "Who's got it better than us?" And he did that well. He got the team buying in for two full years.

But that formula was not sustainable in the NFL even despite a defense with HOF talent on it and top 5 every year. You know what was sustainable? A Vic Fangio-lead defense. You guys are giving wins and offense standing success in large part, to a defense...the offense went against the NFL grain but once that bad boy was figured out, it was over. Good run...almost worked too.

Does everybody have to be reminded that Vic Fangio was Jim Harbaugh's hire. There's no Vic Fangio and no top 5 defense without Jim Harbaugh. When Harbaugh left Fangio, Fangio left to a parallel job and where's that top 5 defense now? Hell last year our defense was devastated with injuries and it still performed. You can downplay it all you want but it was Jim Harbaugh's team that went to those 3 NFC conferences final and our stupid organization that blew it up for this pile of s**t.
ah yes imagine if there was no fangio , thank you harbaugh !

Imagine if there was no Harbaugh, oh wait, we do not have to imagine, we are seeing the results right now.

And what is wrong by using points as a measure of an offense?
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:16 PM ]
and I would kinda rather suck than get cockteased every year, less aggrevation and heartbreak and higher draft position. i love the giants strategy of winning it all every other year and missing the playoffs in odd years. saves heartbreak, lets bodies rest.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
and I would kinda rather suck than get cockteased every year, less aggrevation and heartbreak and higher draft position. i love the giants strategy of winning it all every other year and missing the playoffs in odd years. saves heartbreak, lets bodies rest.

bc making the playoffs sucks

Living in between Detroit and Cleveland I can tell you we had it better. Losing in the playoffs is much better than constantly hearing everyone talk whether it's okay to finally take that bag off of your head.
Bill belichick went 10 years between winning Super Bowls. He also lost 2 Super Bowls. Kraft didn't fire him during those 10 years because he realized that they have a good coach. Just because harbaugh didn't win a Super Bowl in those 4 years, doesn't mean he should have been fired. f**k you Jed York!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

This is what i was saying. It seems like this is an attitude of some fans. Its better to be 4-9 and close to a top pick over missing the suoer bowl by a play in a great divisional rival gamd against an elite defense in the most hostile place to play.

I'd give anything to have a shot in the NFcC in Sea this season to finish the job, even if it means getting beat there.

Screw this 32nd in offense, tank games and suck off goff BS.
So some fans are OK with getting rid of Harbaugh because he was only MILDLY successful?
...and OH YES ... good coaches are a dime a dozen and the 49er's can pick one up in a heartbeat?

Now that they are in a cesspool of mediocrity along with the Browns, it might take them another 8 years just to get back to the Harbaugh level!

I guess being a perennial loser is better than being mildly successful. Some logic!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 15, 2015 at 8:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

This is what i was saying. It seems like this is an attitude of some fans. Its better to be 4-9 and close to a top pick over missing the suoer bowl by a play in a great divisional rival gamd against an elite defense in the most hostile place to play.

I'd give anything to have a shot in the NFcC in Sea this season to finish the job, even if it means getting beat there.

Screw this 32nd in offense, tank games and suck off goff BS.

by their reasoning we should be celebrating

Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
So some fans are OK with getting rid of Harbaugh because he was only MILDLY successful?
...and OH YES ... good coaches are a dime a dozen and the 49er's can pick one up in a heartbeat?

Now that they are in a cesspool of mediocrity along with the Browns, it might take them another 8 years just to get back to the Harbaugh level!

I guess being a perennial loser if better than being mildly successful. Some logic!

Welcome to the suck. Should be about 10-15 years until we sniff the playoffs again. Maybe by then the Yorks will finally decide to sell.
Jim is a good coach who has been elevated to god status by media and fans for his magnetic personality and quick turnarounds of teams he takes over.

What I don't get is he gets to play victim card after turning down 3 contract extension offers (per Jim Trotter) and having a personality that burns people out quickly. What I also don't get is he gets hailed as all knowing genius god even though he's never won a national title or a super bowl title as a player or coach. Also negotiated with Michigan throughout the 2014 season.

Nobody can just handle the fact that he's a really good coach with a short shelf life, always has to be a whine-fest.

The yorks' poor choices outside of him + the Tomsula/Baalke stuff are separate issues to me.

Hopefully this post doesn't get overlooked too much. Harbaugh is a great coach if you need to turn a team around, but I highly doubt he can sustain success in the NFL. He has been in a pretty good situation talent wise at every stop he's been in. And the fact is, the Yorks brought Harbaugh to SF in the first place to turn the team around. The Yorks absolutely need credit for that.

But during Harbaugh's tenure in SF, he largely relied on a dominant defense and a mediocre offense to win games, despite the team continually adding better pieces to the offense each year. Keep in mind Harbaugh was hired as an offensive guru. What did Harbaugh do with those improved pieces each year? He slowly eroded the offense until finally in his last year it was a joke. He never, during his entire tenure, ran an efficient and effective offense. Fangio was left to his own devices with the defense; Harbaugh little to no input on the defensive gameplan and strategies.

The fact is, the Niners have been a joke for a very long time before Harbaugh was hired. He turned the team into a powerhouse by inheriting a very talented roster that was severely under-coached. Despite the talent improving each year under Harbaugh, the team did not necessarily perform better. Harbaugh would not make the changes necessary to improve offensive efficiency, nor would he change the playcalling procedures to ensure the team could get a snap off in time. Never in my life have I seen a professional football team look so disorganized and confused coming out of a huddle than Jim Harbaugh's 49ers. That also extends to Alex Smith's run under Harbaugh. Fans by and large had been so deprived of a winning team that they are willing to place Harbaugh on a podium despite his overall lackluster development of the team (remember, a roster that gets better every year should not perform worse every year).

I'm perfectly fine with the dismissal of Harbaugh. I think it was the right decision at the time. Schisms were beginning to form with players under Harbaugh and he simply was not doing what he was hired to do, that being design an effective and dominant offense. What was not handled well was the subsequent search for a head coach. Tomsula is clearly not the guy to lead this team, and will never be. But if Tomsula is dealing with and absolutely atrocious offensive line that cannot run block, what makes all of you think Harbaugh could run an effective offense with this roster? After all, he ran a run centric, clock control type of offense. That is the exact opposite of what this roster is currently designed to do (which may actually be designed to do not much of anything).
[ Edited by JoeBart324 on Dec 15, 2015 at 9:18 PM ]
We should make a 49ers Jim harbaugh jerseys
Originally posted by mojave45:
Sorry, but no. If they had wanted him, they would have found a way to be there in time . Just like Michigan. And if his agent had any feelers the two of them would have explored them. Magness is there either weren't any, Or no one was willing to give him even close to what he wanted.

If Harbaugh wanted to play the game he would of waited longer than 10 seconds to sign onto his next team. Seriously he signed with Michigan 2 days after our season ended. It was basically York telling him he was no longer a 49er and him saying could you hold on a second I'm working out my deal with Michigan right now. You are aware of the Rooney rule right? A team couldn't even sign Harbaugh if they wanted to in that time frame until they've interviewed some black potential coaches. Get it thu your head he picked his own destination.

Wow. Gee, I am sure the Rooney rule has stopped every single team from getting who they want as HC. My thick head thinks any team could have certainly set up an interview with him, and let him know through the usual,back doors in the NFL that there was a high degree of interest.
Everyone knew he had Michigan in his pocket. That has never stopped an NFL team from displaying interest. If there was a single GM or owner that had really had a strong interest it would have been all over the rumor/ news. And tell me, just how many really highly regarded coaches, with options to get another immediate shot at NFL level head coaching, have left the NFL for college?
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Jim is a good coach who has been elevated to god status by media and fans for his magnetic personality and quick turnarounds of teams he takes over.

What I don't get is he gets to play victim card after turning down 3 contract extension offers (per Jim Trotter) and having a personality that burns people out quickly. What I also don't get is he gets hailed as all knowing genius god even though he's never won a national title or a super bowl title as a player or coach. Also negotiated with Michigan throughout the 2014 season.

Nobody can just handle the fact that he's a really good coach with a short shelf life, always has to be a whine-fest.

The yorks' poor choices outside of him + the Tomsula/Baalke stuff are separate issues to me.

Hopefully this post doesn't get overlooked too much. Harbaugh is a great coach if you need to turn a team around, but I highly doubt he can sustain success in the NFL. He has been in a pretty good situation talent wise at every stop he's been in. And the fact is, the Yorks brought Harbaugh to SF in the first place to turn the team around. The Yorks absolutely need credit for that.

But during Harbaugh's tenure in SF, he largely relied on a dominant defense and a mediocre offense to win games, despite the team continually adding better pieces to the offense each year. Keep in mind Harbaugh was hired as an offensive guru. What did Harbaugh do with those improved pieces each year? He slowly eroded the offense until finally in his last year it was a joke. He never, during his entire tenure, ran an efficient and effective offense. Fangio was left to his own devices with the defense; Harbaugh little to no input on the defensive gameplan and strategies.

The fact is, the Niners have been a joke for a very long time before Harbaugh was hired. He turned the team into a powerhouse by inheriting a very talented roster that was severely under-coached. Despite the talent improving each year under Harbaugh, the team did not necessarily perform better. Harbaugh would not make the changes necessary to improve offensive efficiency, nor would he change the playcalling procedures to ensure the team could get a snap off in time. Never in my life have I seen a professional football team look so disorganized and confused coming out of a huddle than Jim Harbaugh's 49ers. That also extends to Alex Smith's run under Harbaugh. Fans by and large had been so deprived of a winning team that they are willing to place Harbaugh on a podium despite his overall lackluster development of the team (remember, a roster that gets better every year should not perform worse every year).

I'm perfectly fine with the dismissal of Harbaugh. I think it was the right decision at the time. Schisms were beginning to form with players under Harbaugh and he simply was not doing what he was hired to do, that being design an effective and dominant offense. What was not handled well was the subsequent search for a head coach. Tomsula is clearly not the guy to lead this team, and will never be. But if Tomsula is dealing with and absolutely atrocious offensive line that cannot run block, what makes all of you think Harbaugh could run an effective offense with this roster? After all, he ran a run centric, clock control type of offense. That is the exact opposite of what this roster is currently designed to do (which may actually be designed to do not much of anything).

Bumping for you know who
Share 49erswebzone