Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL You are such a Sixer homer you cant even see that Towns is the far superior player. There isnt an NBA exec alive that would take Embiid over Towns.

Why is he far superior? Because he didn't get hurt? Or because he has one year under his belt? It damn sure isn't talent

Tell me. Do you think there would be ONE GM that would take Embiid over Towns? Embiid hasnt done anything in this league other than get hurt yet you are saying that he will be better than Towns if he stays healthy. Based on what? One year in college? At least Towns has clearly proven that he is a superior talent in the NBA

Obviously they will take KAT because he hasn't had multiple foot surgeries. I can only project what i think Embiid can and will do and i base everything off of what the scouts and GMs were talking about before his first injury. A generational type player. I expect him to play at that level if healthy. Im not taking anything away from KAT. Best center drafted last year. I just think if you put both these players in the same draft and both are healthy Embiid goes first

I understand. You WANT to believe this and I get it. I mean you are a fan of the worst team in basketball, maybe the worst team in football, and one of the worst teams in baseball. That cant be easy and it makes perfect sense to want to believe that Embiid will be an all time great.

Im not even saying hes going to be an all time great tho. I didnt say i think hes going to be better than Wilt. I said he would be better than a player thats been in the league one year and had an amazing rookie season

Well it makes for a great debate and I really hope the kid can stay healthy and show what he can do. The NBA certainly needs talented big men.