LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 330 users in the forums

Crikey it's the Cricket Thread

Speaking of crickets....
Originally posted by Niners99:
Speaking of crickets....

Nah, it's a great game mate, you should give it a chance.
  • FAS33
  • Veteran
Speaking of crickets....

Aussie domination of this world wide sport does that to our opponents.
Originally posted by Hard-Knock-Niner:
Speaking of crickets....

lol I wasn't trying to talk crap, just making a joke about the lack of posts.

How many Aussies follow baseball?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FAS33:
Speaking of crickets....

Aussie domination of this world wide sport does that to our opponents.

I won't call it world-wide sport but yes, Australia is super dominant and has been since the turn of the century. India had their short period of dominance but Aussies came roaring back to top in the last couple years. South Africa has had a great team for a while but never able to get over the hump.
Originally posted by 4ML:
I won't call it world-wide sport but yes, Australia is super dominant and has been since the turn of the century. India had their short period of dominance but Aussies came roaring back to top in the last couple years. South Africa has had a great team for a while but never able to get over the hump.

Super dominant indeed. Like the last Ashes series, for instance.

Oh, wait....

Never mind, we will let you win the home series. Agree with the comments made in this thread about 20/20, or Kiddy's patball.
Aussies sux
Originally posted by Hard-Knock-Niner:
Speaking of crickets....

lol I wasn't trying to talk crap, just making a joke about the lack of posts.

How many Aussies follow baseball?

I know mate, it's all good. But seriously, it's not a bad game, once you get you're head around it, bit like American football. The US has a very interesting and long cricket heritage, check it out here.

I don't follow baseball but a lot of poms and aussies put s**t on it and call it "rounders", a precursor of baseball played by school children mainly since the late 1700's. Kind of funny that the term baseball was first coined by a Brit way back in 1744. The s**t you learn on Wikipedia, eh?

I've been to a baseball game in Japan. Yokohama Baystars vs Hanshin Tigers. The atmosphere was pretty bloody good.
[ Edited by Hard-Knock-Niner on Oct 21, 2015 at 6:25 AM ]
Originally posted by English:

Oh, wait....

Never mind, we will let you win the home series. Agree with the comments made in this thread about 20/20, or Kiddy's patball.

haha was just about to post this, this Aussie team will slide with the likes of Clarke, Rogers, Harris, Johnson gone or on the way out.

20/20 is rubbish, tests or nothing for me.

enjoying the pakistan series, nearly pulled off a great wn in the first test.
[ Edited by babarvaart on Oct 21, 2015 at 6:11 AM ]
  • FAS33
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Oh, wait....

Them world cups that England have won..oh wait lol

Booked a trip to Brisbane with a few mates from Melbourne for the first test vs the Kiwi's for 5 days, will be awesome ball swinging and seaming then settle for batting C'mon Aussies
Originally posted by dilligaf:
Aussies sux

Whaaat? Trevor Chappell, a national hero
Originally posted by Strine49:
Australian batsmen refuse to learn to play the swinging ball. Ten years. Same problem. They do nothing to fix it. Maybe an increase in Trans Tasman matches could give Aussie batsmen a bit more of a chance to add playing the swinging ball to their game.

+1 couldn't agree more

Part of the problem is a larger drifting apart of Australia and New Zealand culturally and politically. The days of lifting each other up, Anzac spirit etc are pretty much done, the two countries went down different paths after WWII and now our differences are much more pronounced. Aus is much more globally aligned - playing in front of big TV audiences like India, Pakistan and England, is more important than playing NZ even if both teams benefit more in intangibles (like learning to face swing bowling!!) than pure cash value. Same thing in soccer. Essentially the same in economic trade - we're no longer sister nations, we're competitors. It's a bit of a shame

----

Also, the pink ball for day/night tests looks to be a joke - just like the idea of a day/night tests! Cripes, test cricket has had a resurgence because 20/20 took the game so far away from its roots. A great example of the people in the halls of power being out of touch with reality.
  • FAS33
  • Veteran
New Zealand getting owned lol
Almost 400 in a day's play lol,was the pitch an absolute road or did they just bat brilliantly?
Share 49ersWebzone