LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

NRL Rugby League, General Discussion.

Originally posted by JoNeo:
Yep and I read somewhere that Ponga was elegible for an Allblack jersey as well

Yep, he was born in Queensland iirc and his parents are both Kiwi, so eligible by parentage. However, his parents did say that Kalyn feels he is an Aussie despite them hoping he would declare for NZ. Hope he doesn't change his mind. Or code. Doesn't strike me as the Hayne type though.
How about them Broncos?
  • AndyB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
How about them Broncos?

Yep, that was me last night mate.

Same issues, Seibs needs to make some tough decisions or his tenure will be short.
Originally posted by AndyB:
How about them Broncos?

Same issues, Seibs needs to make some tough decisions or his tenure will be short.

I think it's fair to expect more at this point. It's not as though the roster lacks talent. Uncharacteristic heavy losses, apparent lack of enthusiasm, players leaving mid-season for other clubs... I can't help but think things wouldn't be going down this way if we still had Wayne at the helm.
Lots of changes for Origin 2 mostly due to injury. Latrell dropped on form.

NSW Blues

1. James Tedesco (Roosters)
2. Blake Ferguson (Eels)
3. Tom Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)
4. Jack Wighton (Raiders)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Storm)
6. James Maloney (Panthers)
7. Nathan Cleary (Panthers)
8. Daniel Saifiti (Knights)
9. Damien Cook (Rabbitohs)
10. Paul Vaughan (Dragons)
11. Boyd Cordner (Roosters)
12. Tyson Frizell (Dragons)
13. Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)
14. Dale Finucane (Storm)
15. Tariq Sims (Dragons)
16. Wade Graham (Sharks)
17. Cameron Murray (Rabbitohs)

Queensland Maroons

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Corey Oates
3. Michael Morgan
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)
8. Dylan Napa
9. Ben Hunt
10. Josh Papalii
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
14. Moses Mbye
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Tim Glasby
17. David Fifita
The injuries are unfortunate, but NSW seem to be panicking. Dropping Latrell is a big mistake. Hope they get done in two.

---

If Ponga did switch codes? I have no doubt he'd want to play for NZ instead of the rabble that is the Wallabies. Brad Thorn did the same, played for Aus in league & NZ in rugby. Such is the draw of the All Black jersey / brand.

Rugby Australia is a joke. And the Folau saga is just another failure in a long list of failures. Never has an organisation been more deserving of going broke. The sooner the better imo.

Even a club career in European rugby union would be more appealing than Australian Super Rugby & the Wallabies. Sad, but true.
Yeah SportO, rugby Australia is a joke and Ponga would have rocks in his head to go anywhere near them. He seems too smart for that. I hope he sticks with league for my own selfish reasons.
Yeah SportO, rugby Australia is a joke and Ponga would have rocks in his head to go anywhere near them. He seems too smart for that. I hope he sticks with league for my own selfish reasons.

I'd like to see him stay in league too, Z. NZ rugby has plenty of options at fullback. And, although he is free to do as he wishes, I prefer to see guys commit to one sport & strive for greatness.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
How about them Broncos?

I think it's fair to expect more at this point. It's not as though the roster lacks talent. Uncharacteristic heavy losses, apparent lack of enthusiasm, players leaving mid-season for other clubs... I can't help but think things wouldn't be going down this way if we still had Wayne at the helm.

Just not concentrating on the job at hand
Origin a huge distraction
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:

I'd like to see him stay in league too, Z. NZ rugby has plenty of options at fullback. And, although he is free to do as he wishes, I prefer to see guys commit to one sport & strive for greatness.

Yeah guys
He is supposed to have great potential at golf also
Be great if he stuck with the sport that got him on TV
If he does , surely some records will be eclipsed
Cheers

• JoNeo
  • Veteran
Lots of changes for Origin 2 mostly due to injury. Latrell dropped on form.

NSW Blues

1. James Tedesco (Roosters)
2. Blake Ferguson (Eels)
3. Tom Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)
4. Jack Wighton (Raiders)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Storm)
6. James Maloney (Panthers)
7. Nathan Cleary (Panthers)
8. Daniel Saifiti (Knights)
9. Damien Cook (Rabbitohs)
10. Paul Vaughan (Dragons)
11. Boyd Cordner (Roosters)
12. Tyson Frizell (Dragons)
13. Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)
14. Dale Finucane (Storm)
15. Tariq Sims (Dragons)
16. Wade Graham (Sharks)
17. Cameron Murray (Rabbitohs)

Queensland Maroons

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Corey Oates
3. Michael Morgan
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)
8. Dylan Napa
9. Ben Hunt
10. Josh Papalii
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
14. Moses Mbye
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Tim Glasby
17. David Fifita

Fittler does appear to have panicked after game one
If the Blues win in Perth it will come off as a masterstroke
Bring It On
The injuries are unfortunate, but NSW seem to be panicking. Dropping Latrell is a big mistake. Hope they get done in two.

---

If Ponga did switch codes? I have no doubt he'd want to play for NZ instead of the rabble that is the Wallabies. Brad Thorn did the same, played for Aus in league & NZ in rugby. Such is the draw of the All Black jersey / brand.

Rugby Australia is a joke. And the Folau saga is just another failure in a long list of failures. Never has an organisation been more deserving of going broke. The sooner the better imo.

Even a club career in European rugby union would be more appealing than Australian Super Rugby & the Wallabies. Sad, but true.

It must have been due to his (Mitchell) and Walker's poor attitude and Haas did nothing anyway.

The new side is still pretty strong. Think they might do something this time.
  • AndyB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

---

It must have been due to his (Mitchell) and Walker's poor attitude and Haas did nothing anyway.

The new side is still pretty strong. Think they might do something this time.

Haas has an injured hamstring.

I thought T.Sim's would have been picked for game 1.

No props on the bench is interesting.

Definitely a bit of panicking, though I still think the game will be tight.
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Fittler does appear to have panicked after game one
If the Blues win in Perth it will come off as a masterstroke
Bring It On

Haven't you heard? Kevvie said Queensland is going to win on Sunday.
Haas has an injured hamstring.

I thought T.Sim's would have been picked for game 1.

No props on the bench is interesting.

Definitely a bit of panicking, though I still think the game will be tight.

Yeah, I was surprised Sims wasn't picked for game 1, although I don't know what his club form has been like. He was a handful in last year's series.

Is there any chat amongst the locals about the game mate? Any feel for which side the crowd might back?
[ Edited by Zealot on Jun 17, 2019 at 5:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone