There are 155 users in the forums

NRL Rugby League, General Discussion.

Originally posted by Zealot:
One sleep till origin boys! Feeling pumped!

Gonna be a doozy. Can't wait. QLD FTW
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Gonna be a doozy. Can't wait. QLD FTW

Hey Sporto, it's been a while mate. Yeah, feels like these teams are gonna put on something special. Ponga to carve up!
Hey Sporto, it's been a while mate. Yeah, feels like these teams are gonna put on something special. Ponga to carve up!

Been in Lurk-Mode lately, Z. The Broncs looking like a mid table team this season dampens the enthusiasm a little.

Will be on more when the NFL & College seasons kickoff.

However, I must say - this New Generation Origin matchup has me super excited. Young guns on both sides, primed to make a name for themselves. The speed in the backlines
What a cracker of a game, great second half of footy from the Maroons. How good is Kalyn Ponga? What I'd give to see him playing his club footy north of the border again in a couple of years...
[ Edited by LockyersLeftBoot on Jun 5, 2019 at 5:17 AM ]
You bloody beauty!!! Great fightback win for Queensland.

Both teams seemed to be feeling their way a little with their new combinations but ridiculous effort from all 34 players.

Really keen to see the support from the Perth crowd and moar Ponga!!!
Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:
What a cracker of a game, great second half of footy from the Maroons. How good is Kalyn Ponga? What I'd give to see him playing his club footy north of the border again in a couple of years...

Loved our defence, just drilled anything wearing blue.

Ponga to Brisbane!!
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
What a cracker of a game
Both teams went great and both seem to only be getting started
in terms of finding new combinations with so many new players coming into the ranks
Rugby League is alive and well
Well played, QLD. Scoreline flatters NSW as QLD left a lot of points out on the field. Would love to see' em wrap it up in Perth.
  • AndyB
  • Veteran
You bloody beauty!!! Great fightback win for Queensland.

Both teams seemed to be feeling their way a little with their new combinations but ridiculous effort from all 34 players.

Really keen to see the support from the Perth crowd and moar Ponga!!!

I'll be there cheering the boys on... can't wait!
  • AndyB
  • Veteran
Fittler has some tough decisions to make come game 2.

Too much relience on Cook and Tedesco to break the defence around the ruck.

Does he stick with Walker and Cleary?
Both were passengers and it looks like Keary will still be out.

Maroons were committed in defence and the score could have been greater had we executed some of those chances.

Originally posted by AndyB:
Fittler has some tough decisions to make come game 2.

Too much relience on Cook and Tedesco to break the defence around the ruck.

Does he stick with Walker and Cleary?
Both were passengers and it looks like Keary will still be out.

Maroons were committed in defence and the score could have been greater had we executed some of those chances.

Yeah, some serious issues for Freddy to solve when the only serious and repeatable threat seemed to come from Cook and Tedesco. The two halves didn't do much more than go through the motions. Didn't take the game on.

Another bloke on the bubble could be Mitchell. I reckon his loss of form and/or confidence is a direct result of those two big club losses to the Broncos and Knights. They basically bashed the form out of him. His body language wasn't good after either of those games and it's my belief that's what took the wind out his sails.

I thought you'd be going to the game mate. Should be a cracker, I've been told it's a sellout. How many does the stadium seat? Hope you can post a pic or two.
[ Edited by Zealot on Jun 6, 2019 at 12:37 AM ]
  • AndyB
  • Veteran
Yeah, some serious issues for Freddy to solve when the only serious and repeatable threat seemed to come from Cook and Tedesco. The two halves didn't do much more than go through the motions. Didn't take the game on.

Another bloke on the bubble could be Mitchell. I reckon his loss of form and/or confidence is a direct result of those two big club losses to the Broncos and Knights. They basically bashed the form out of him. His body language wasn't good after either of those games and it's my belief that's what took the wind out his sails.

I thought you'd be going to the game mate. Should be a cracker, I've been told it's a sellout. How many does the stadium seat? Hope you can post a pic or two.

Totally agree on all points mate.

The stadium holds 60,000

We're sitting in the blues section with good friends of ours which moved back to NSW.
My mate was actually in the Dragon's U20s while Bennett was there.
Still plays in the Illawarra comp.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
The missing boot!!!
Fittler fuming
So now Mitchell is unhappy at the Chooks, wants to go to the Bunnies, Gagai is unhappy at the Bunnies because he's had to make room for the Jet to land and the Wobblies want Ponga.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Yep and I read somewhere that Ponga was elegible for an Allblack jersey as well
Share 49ersWebzone