There are 258 users in the forums

NRL Rugby League, General Discussion.

• AndyB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Back to the drawing board I suppose.

Doubt that Bennett would have got more out of these scrubs back line is woeful.

Yeah, dunno mate. A backline full of rep players that can't gel. Someone is going to have to pull their finger out and start kicking some arses. Not sure who that is on this team though.

Backline not geling is definitely one issue.

We don't have real leaders in the team now. Boyd unfortunately just isn't that captain who demands respect, I was surprised he got the job a few years ago.

We've lost some aura through players retiring etc in recent years who knew what it meant to be a bronco.

One is attitude, the ability to get our team back up and manage the game when things don't go out way.

The other is recruitment, sure we want to develop our own players, but we could have done better in the player market.

We have gone on to sign some players such as Boyd, McCullough to 4 year deals, let's be honest here, they shouldn't have.

We need to give Seibold time, he's blooded some rookies this season and is sifting through guys which can adapt to his system. One thing which does concern me (compared to the likes of Bellamy) is he's not hard enough on players, I could be wrong though. The other side is that he reads too much into the sports science side instead of having a feel for the game.

Anyway thought I'd have my say, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts?
  • AndyB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
I am off to the Roosters v Tigers at the SCG tonight

Be interesting to see how the turf holds up particularly after heavy rain yesterday

How was the crowd of 1000 ?
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AndyB:

Be interesting to see how the turf holds up particularly after heavy rain yesterday

The crowd was around a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the stadium full. Bigger then I expected. Still a long line up for the fried chicken.

I was a good game until the second half and then got a bit lop sided.

I don't like the venue that much as it is too big. The field is too far away for good spectating.

We don't have real leaders in the team now. Boyd unfortunately just isn't that captain who demands respect, I was surprised he got the job a few years ago.

We've lost some aura through players retiring etc in recent years who knew what it meant to be a bronco.

One is attitude, the ability to get our team back up and manage the game when things don't go out way.

The other is recruitment, sure we want to develop our own players, but we could have done better in the player market.

We have gone on to sign some players such as Boyd, McCullough to 4 year deals, let's be honest here, they shouldn't have.

We need to give Seibold time, he's blooded some rookies this season and is sifting through guys which can adapt to his system. One thing which does concern me (compared to the likes of Bellamy) is he's not hard enough on players, I could be wrong though. The other side is that he reads too much into the sports science side instead of having a feel for the game.

Hey Zeal and Andy. I guess it looks like from a media perspective that Bennett has the last laugh. Bennett is def a snake in the grass and knew what strings to pull. Broncs have been rebuilding for a while with those obviously past their use by dates. The Bronco is really bucking for Siebold with many not even showing up mentally to play. And Su'a? Why is he not starting?

It's a long road back for you suffering fans. And by the time that happens a new Brissy team could be just starting. Those Sydney boys do not want Bronco sustained success.

The crowd was around a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the stadium full. Bigger then I expected. Still a long line up for the fried chicken.

I don't like the venue that much as it is too big. The field is too far away for good spectating.

I'm a tiger fan and find it hard to watch what they have become. And how do those chooks fit so many stars under the salary cap?

Hope it was a fun night mate.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

I'm a tiger fan and find it hard to watch what they have become. And how do those chooks fit so many stars under the salary cap?

Well the first half was ok. It was the Missus's first time to a footy match as she was born OS and she loved it and didn't keep asking the rules or why do they do this or do that or other annoying things so I might take her to another one.

Last time I was at the SCG was at the Easts v St George GF when Easts got up 38 zip and Langlands was running around with white boots like he was on drugs.

I prefer smaller grounds where you can see more and are closer to the action. Have to wait until August for the Tigers to get back to Leichhardt Oval. That is a good ground to watch footy.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

Mate it is the Eastern Suburbs so they probably pay them with bags of coke to top up their salaries

Hey Zeal and Andy. I guess it looks like from a media perspective that Bennett has the last laugh. Bennett is def a snake in the grass and knew what strings to pull. Broncs have been rebuilding for a while with those obviously past their use by dates. The Bronco is really bucking for Siebold with many not even showing up mentally to play. And Su'a? Why is he not starting?

It's a long road back for you suffering fans. And by the time that happens a new Brissy team could be just starting. Those Sydney boys do not want Bronco sustained success.

Yeah, we need decent halves who can direct the team and create opportunities. It's been painful to watch them stumble and bumble through the season so far.

The lack of enthusiasm is pretty much the biggest concern for me. It was apparent even in the first game when Melbourne blew us away in the opening 20. Have to hand it to Bellamy. That's how your team should be coming out of the blocks in game one. Obviously everything isn't going to be super crisp and sharp that early and you make up for that with effort, which is what they did running the ball and in defence. Brisbane has looked disinterested several times more since then and for me, it's the coaches job to sort that out.
Yeah, we need decent halves who can direct the team and create opportunities. It's been painful to watch them stumble and bumble through the season so far.

The lack of enthusiasm is pretty much the biggest concern for me. It was apparent even in the first game when Melbourne blew us away in the opening 20. Have to hand it to Bellamy. That's how your team should be coming out of the blocks in game one. Obviously everything isn't going to be super crisp and sharp that early and you make up for that with effort, which is what they did running the ball and in defence. Brisbane has looked disinterested several times more since then and for me, it's the coaches job to sort that out.

.....and uncle Wayne giving some fullback a 4 year extension .......that is well past his use by date. Strange since Bennett use to kick players to the curb a year early.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Well the Roberts lethargy I identified in the 7th min got him gone
At least The Seagull is prepared to rattle the cage a little bit
Attitude is paramount for these players if they are going to claw their way back
Really need a hard arse , up the middle experienced go foward , foward to create space for these young halves

Originally posted by JoNeo:
Attitude is paramount for these players if they are going to claw their way back
Really need a hard arse , up the middle experienced go foward , foward to create space for these young halves

Segayaro
Looked a bit better tonight...
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran

Segayaro
I was meaning a Webke/Lazarus big bopper type but a tough as nails New Guinnea hooker could do some good

On the comeback trail mate
  • AndyB
  • Veteran

Segayaro
I was meaning a Webke/Lazarus big bopper type but a tough as nails New Guinnea hooker could do some good

On the comeback trail mate

Good win albeit against a depleted Manly side.

I don't think our forwards are the issue though they are a young pack.
NRL.com had Haas 19 runs for 195m, Lodge 17 runs for 169m, and a big effort off the bench for Ofahengaue with 19 runs for 200m.

Much better attitude and once the forwards had a roll on our halves capitalised with some good kicks.

The bad news is Bird with a possible ACL.
Yeah, Bird ACL confirmed, season over.
Share 49ersWebzone