LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 17/18

bro you don't understand, West Brom is AWFUL on the attack. Pathetic. This team just had 35ish% possession against Watford ... WATFORD. They don't keep the ball and a big part of that is a bad midfield. Speed is apparently not appreciated there. They don't have any real fullbacks. Saido/Lambert/Rondon barely get any chances and when they do get them they don't have teammates with them on the attack. A lot of times 10 or even all 11 of their players are behind midfield. It's so bad. This team plays to defend and hopes to score on some kind of set piece (which apparently they're pretty good at). No way I'm getting up at 5am on Saturday to watch that BS against Chelsea, they'll get destroyed.

I hope something changes FOR THE BETTER soon. Selling Saido would be about 10 steps backwards.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
bro you don't understand, West Brom is AWFUL on the attack. Pathetic. This team just had 35ish% possession against Watford ... WATFORD. They don't keep the ball and a big part of that is a bad midfield. Speed is apparently not appreciated there. They don't have any real fullbacks. Saido/Lambert/Rondon barely get any chances and when they do get them they don't have teammates with them on the attack. A lot of times 10 or even all 11 of their players are behind midfield. It's so bad. This team plays to defend and hopes to score on some kind of set piece (which apparently they're pretty good at). No way I'm getting up at 5am on Saturday to watch that BS against Chelsea, they'll get destroyed.

I hope something changes FOR THE BETTER soon. Selling Saido would be about 10 steps backwards.

that bad huh? Hopefully Rondon can do his thing and the bigger clubs will take notice. Still don't see how a team like Arsenal or Liverpool didn't sign him when they need help up front.

In other news, Mateo Kovacic is officially announced as signed by Real Madrid .
Originally posted by Travisty13:

that bad huh? Hopefully Rondon can do his thing and the bigger clubs will take notice. Still don't see how a team like Arsenal or Liverpool didn't sign him when they need help up front.

In other news, Mateo Kovacic is officially announced as signed by Real Madrid .

I'm scared that Rondon's production is going to suffer because of WBA's ineptitude on the attack. I hope I'm wrong, they seemed to be making a conscious effort to get him the ball in the 20+ minutes he played at the end of the Watford game. It'd be something if he could score against Chelsea. And man he'd had been a great fit in Liverpool.

and nice signing
Alex Sandro to Juve.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
What is going on at Barca??

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/19/gerard-pique-handed-four-match-ban-for-insulting-referee/
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/19/gerard-pique-handed-four-match-ban-for-insulting-referee/

Not only red card was excessive - banning him 4 games is hilariously ridiculous.

But, don't care. Barca should have enough depth to deal with it.

Big clubs shouldn't make excuses for losing a player like Pique for a few games.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 20, 2015 at 11:47 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:

Not only red card was excessive - banning him 4 games is hilariously ridiculous.

But, don't care. Barca should have enough depth to deal with it. If they can't handle the suspension - then they have no one but to bland themselves.

Big clubs shouldn't make excuses for losing a player like Pique for a few games.

didn't dude call the ref's mom a whore or some s**t like that? I agreed with the red and suspension because I don't put up with that kind of s**t. Agreed on your last sentence too.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

But, don't care. Barca should have enough depth to deal with it. If they can't handle the suspension - then they have no one but to bland themselves.

didn't dude call the ref's mom a whore or some s**t like that? I agreed with the red and suspension because I don't put up with that kind of s**t. Agreed on your last sentence too.

Barca claims he didn't say anything like that but regardless of that refs get abused all the time.

Oh well, opportunity for other players.

Barca claims he didn't say anything like that but regardless of that refs get abused all the time.

yea I'm sure Barca/Pique were gonna admit it, lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

yea I'm sure Barca/Pique were gonna admit it, lol

Of course they won't but it's not like refs are any more credible. It's their word against his.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 20, 2015 at 12:14 PM ]

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/18/barcelona-gerard-pique-rant-assistant-referee-super-cup-athletic-bilbao
^^^Explains what Pique said and has a video of it.^^^

But, don't care. Barca should have enough depth to deal with it.

How is that ridiculous? Ramos was suspended 5 for the same thing. 1 game suspension for the red card, and 4 games for verbally abusing the ref. Plus Real fined him. I understand you love Barca, but you definitely have homer glasses on when it comes to Pique.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Aug 20, 2015 at 3:16 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/18/barcelona-gerard-pique-rant-assistant-referee-super-cup-athletic-bilbao
^^^Explains what Pique said and has a video of it.^^^

How is that ridiculous? Ramos was suspended 5 for the same thing. 1 game suspension for the red card, and 4 games for verbally abusing the ref. Plus Real fined him. I understand you love Barca, but you definitely have homer glasses on when it comes to Pique.

Not being a homer. I honestly didn't know Ramos was suspended 5 games for something similar. To me, that's ridiculous too. I've seen refs gettin' abused far worse than that and not even gettin' a yellow card.

I don't even like Pique all that much. He had a nice bounce-back season last year but he was terrible for couple years before that. I often cursed him and wanted him off the team for good lol

...and cursing in Spain is so common - it's used way more than any other country I've lived in...and "I s**t on your..." is probably the most common phrase used in Spain when you're showing frustration.

I think it's completely ridiculous and over-blown regardless of who said it.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 20, 2015 at 5:02 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
http://www.wildjunket.com/2009/03/19/top-10-spanish-swear-words/

Read no. 6

6 Me cago en todo lo que se menea! My personal favorite Spanish swear word of all. It is long yet packs a punch. Whenever I hear my husband chant this long cuss while driving, I crack up. It literally means 'I s**t on everything that moves.' (strangely unvulgar but can be loosely translated to mean 'f**k' in Spanish.) 'Me cago en…' is a very commonly used cuss, and can be combined with anything and everything that comes to mind, like 'Me cago en Dios' (..on God) or 'Me cago en tus muertos' (..on your dead relatives).

...and that's how it really is. If one lived in Spain for more than a week - they'll hear that phrase often.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Anyway...I really enjoy watching Coutinho play.

Week 1 goal to win the game for Liverpool:

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Excellent start to La Liga

:)
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 23, 2015 at 3:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone