LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

2017 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

• DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Anyone else miss Boomer's back, back, back, back...gone!!!!!!???

Hell the eff no! I stopped watching the Derby because of him. I was happy to be able to watch again.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I had fun. It was hot as f**k in the stadium with all that humidity.

Me too.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Glad a Cub didn't win
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Me too.

I would have seent your big head if you were dere

Also, I was surprised I liked the event as much as I did. Could have been better because the crowd was into it with Bryce, but they put on a good show.

Did they show the High School HR derby on TV? It was between rounds and they only got a 1:30 of time each. But one high schooler hit the farthest HR of the night and each hit about 8 HRs in 1 minute and 30 seconds. Impressive AF.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Me too.

Also, I was surprised I liked the event as much as I did. Could have been better because the crowd was into it with Bryce, but they put on a good show.

Did they show the High School HR derby on TV? It was between rounds and they only got a 1:30 of time each. But one high schooler hit the farthest HR of the night and each hit about 8 HRs in 1 minute and 30 seconds. Impressive AF.
Only 1 i saw on TV was the Army vs Navy softball one
  • jrg
  • Veteran

HR Derbies are fun af. When it was in STL and Pujols was in it, the crowd was super into it. Cool to see Harper win in front of the home crowd.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Only 1 i saw on TV was the Army vs Navy softball one

that one was lame because its a slow pitch soft ball. Usually softball fences are much closer.

Originally posted by jrg:
HR Derbies are fun af. When it was in STL and Pujols was in it, the crowd was super into it. Cool to see Harper win in front of the home crowd.

It was fun. On TV they are a little meh. But live its pretty dope. The DJ plays music and they did all kinds of little shows during commercial breaks. I didnt know what to expect as far as entertainment, but watching that many homeruns was impressive.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
Glad a Cub didn't win

schwarber is badass. i'm thrilled he made the finals, didnt expect that
I like the way the 2 teams just wear their regular uniforms. I don't like all star games that wear some crappy all star uniform that nobody likes.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
The american league lineup is so stacked its insane.

I like how they had Trout and Harper mic'd up during the action.
Solid game so far.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I like the way the 2 teams just wear their regular uniforms. I don't like all star games that wear some crappy all star uniform that nobody likes.

It's a good merch opportunity tho. At least it used to be.
It turns out Hader is a racist and hates gay people. Old tweets surfaced last night
Originally posted by valrod33:
It turns out Hader is a racist and hates gay people. Old tweets surfaced last night

Link is in the MLB thread.
Overall thought it was a pretty good ball game, for me MLB the best of the all-star games, I haven't watched an NBA ASG or Pro Bowl in years. And great touch by MLB bringing out 29 CMH recipients for the anthem, and then the players greeting them, that was awesome.
Share 49ersWebzone