LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

2015 NBA Off-Season Thread

• lazy
  • Veteran
I gotta go with the 90s
Timberwolves President of Basketball Operations & Head Coach Flip Saunders announces he has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Wish the best to Flip
definitely 00's

no one can guard Shaq. Duncan is arguably the greatest PF ever. Kobe is the 2nd greatest player of all time IMO. Lebron is top 5 and no one can guard AI
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Knowledge:
definitely 00's

no one can guard Shaq. Duncan is arguably the greatest PF ever. Kobe is the 2nd greatest player of all time IMO. Lebron is top 5 and no one can guard AI

I agree. I think Lebron, Kobe, Timmy, and especially Shaq would thrive on one of these "super teams"

AI makes me nervous just for potential chemistry issues but I think his talent makes up for it. Maybe have Lebron play point and AI as your SG?
The Morris twins are the biggest b***hes in the NBA...

Markieff Morris has made it clear that he wants no part of playing for the Phoenix Suns after the team traded his twin brother, Marcus Morris, to the Detroit Pistons this offseason.

"One thing for sure, I am not going to be there," Markieff Morris told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Tuesday. "If you want to put that out there, you can put that out. I don't give a [freak]. I am not going to be there at all. That's just what it is."

The Morris twins both agreed to four-year contract extensions with the Suns prior to last season, saying they settled for less money so they could play together. The Suns, however, dealt Marcus to Detroit last month in a salary dump that he said was "a slap in the face."

Markieff, who will make $8 million next season, told the Inquirer that he'll report to the Suns training camp in September if he's still with Phoenix, but he's pretty sure he'll be playing for another team by then.

"I've got to show up. No question." Markieff told the paper. "You can't do that. I will be a professional. Don't get me wrong. But it won't get that far. ... I'm going to be out before then. Should be."

He added later: "It's just when you get to a point in your life, you just need to move on. That's what I need to do for my career, my family, myself. I just need to move on."

"They can tell you anything about the case and all of that," Markieff told the Inquirer. "It has nothing to do with that. That's just all disrespect and all unprofessional. They called us unprofessional. That's what that is, unprofessional. No one is trying to hear that.

"Stuff wasn't that bad [with the Suns]. Phoenix is trying to make it seem like people were in there just acting . We have everything under control. They were trying to make it seem players weren't getting along. We had a great time."

Marcus Morris told the Inquirer that he and his brother feel betrayed, but that they can play for separate teams.

"I'm a grown man," Morris told the paper. "I can stand on my own. I play on my own. It's just the disrespect side. What we did for the Suns, the pay cuts we took and for them to trade me without consent is what made me more disappointed and is what made me more upset."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13422503/markieff-morris-says-phoenix-suns-disrespected-dealing-twin-brother-wants-trade
[ Edited by JustinMT on Aug 12, 2015 at 8:42 AM ]
Morris twins feel entitled. Idiots
lol. and Suns FO weren't a*****es for that? they both could've made more money somewhere else, but they elected to resign because they wanted to play together.

pretty ironic that everybody made such a big deal about DJ backing out on his verbal agreement with the Mavs, but when management backs out of a verbal deal with a player, it's just business...
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
lol. and Suns FO weren't a*****es for that? they both could've made more money somewhere else, but they elected to resign because they wanted to play together.

pretty ironic that everybody made such a big deal about DJ backing out on his verbal agreement with the Mavs, but when management backs out of a verbal deal with a player, it's just business...

Yeah, and then the Morris twins got in some off court s**t. It was a fair exchange, Suns agreed to take both of them and the twins agreed to a minor discount. Morris twins messed up off the court and the Suns removed one. No one owes them anything. If they took less money thinking there would be some loyalty by an NBA FO they are idiots.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

Yeah, and then the Morris twins got in some off court s**t. It was a fair exchange, Suns agreed to take both of them and the twins agreed to a minor discount. Morris twins messed up off the court and the Suns removed one. No one owes them anything. If they took less money thinking there would be some loyalty by an NBA FO they are idiots.

Didn't know about the off court incidence. f**k em then lol, they messed up

Yeah both of them getting Aggravated Assault for beating up some dude with 3 other people is probably the main reason why PHX wanted them split up at least.
Big News about D-Rose

TMZ is reporting tonight that Derrick Rose has been sued by a woman who says Rose and two of his friends "drugged and gang raped her." The woman is asking for unspecified damages. Here is how the lawsuit describes what happened, per TMZ:

Rose's accuser says the two continued to date until August 2013, when Rose and two friends, Ryan Allen and Randall Hampton (who is also Rose's personal manager), invited her to Rose's Beverly Hills house. She says there, they slipped a drug into her drink with the aim of raping her.

The plaintiff says she escaped the house with a friend, but later that night, Rose and his friends broke into her apartment and gang raped her while she was incapacitated. She says she remembers only "flashes" of the incident, but can remember the defendants forcibly raping her.

The woman says she and Rose dated for two years, ending in 2013. She waited two years to file the suit, according to TMZ, because she was "ashamed and embarrassed" about it and worried about her "conservative family" finding out. TMZ does not say if the woman called police or if a law enforcement investigation was done.

While she was with Rose, the woman also claims Rose "tried to pressure her to masturbate in front of him, allow him to have sex with her friends and engage in group sex with strangers, all of which she says she refused," TMZ reported.

http://deadspin.com/report-woman-sues-derrick-rose-says-he-drugged-gang-1726827185?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Derick Rose got me weak!!!!!

[ Edited by pdizo916 on Aug 26, 2015 at 7:46 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Apparently Dwight Howard brought a loaded gun to the airport
Originally posted by jrg:
Apparently Dwight Howard brought a loaded gun to the airport

what an idiot, he can have 34 body guards if he wanted.
Share 49ersWebzone