LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

2015 NBA Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Ken Berger of CBSSports.com has confirmed a Yahoo report that free agent forward Al-Farouq Aminu has agreed to a four-year, $30 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers.

30 Million for a 6 and 5 guy? That probably took the Blazers out of the running for Matthews.

Average nba salary is like $6 million. He got $7.5 a year. Dudes get paid in the nba, but that's what he's worth.

Dude was picked right before Hayward, who's contract is looking better and better. lol
Aren't the nets still paying joe johnson some obscene amount of money too?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yeah like 20 million or maybe its a bit more. Plus they got Deron Williams' ridiculous contract as well.
  • Jiks

Yeah like 20 million or maybe its a bit more. Plus they got Deron Williams' ridiculous contract as well.

Yeah I'm wondering where this money is coming from...
]
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by IT21:
Nets doing things

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6m6 minutes ago
Says at least one source close to talks on expected 3/60M deal for Brook Lopez and 4/50M deal for Thad Young: "Consider them done deals"

lol 110 mill for barely above average players

Nets lol

It'll help them stay mediocre

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Yeah I'm wondering where this money is coming from...

Their multi-billionaire owner's pocket
Chicago Bulls star Jimmy Butler is giving consideration to accepting the franchise's offer of a five-year maximum contract, league sources told RealGM.

The current offer sheet must include a player option on the fifth season for Butler to consider accepting, sources said.

Despite Butler's interest in probing the market over the past several months, sentiment increased Tuesday that Butler would be open to a deal that includes trade kickers, max year-to-year raises and the option of his choice.

Butler plans to sleep on the decision, months after turning down an extension offer from the Bulls.

Hmm
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Ken Berger of CBSSports.com has confirmed a Yahoo report that free agent forward Al-Farouq Aminu has agreed to a four-year, $30 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers.

30 Million for a 6 and 5 guy? That probably took the Blazers out of the running for Matthews.

I think Portland is in great shape cap-wise. Before this deal - they had like 36M in cap space. LA, Matthews, and Robin are all FAs - so I think they're gonna go for rebuild if/when LA signs with another team.
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say Milwaukee and Khris Middleton are closing in on five-year, $70 million deal
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
ESPN sources say Milwaukee and Khris Middleton are closing in on five-year, $70 million deal

Who the hell is Kris Middleton?
Originally posted by mayo49:

Who the hell is Kris Middleton?

RFA wing for Milwaukee. Very young. Good player, versatile and balanced is probably the best way to describe him. He's gone now, though. Stuck in Wisconsin.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
RFA wing for Milwaukee. Very young. Good player, versatile and balanced is probably the best way to describe him. He's gone now, though. Stuck in Wisconsin.

I wouldn't mind being stuck for $70M, either.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I wouldn't mind being stuck for $70M, either.

lol well said.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Yea this would make for easily the most boring free agency period of all time, esp considering this is one of the more stacked crops in recent memory. So I hope you're wrong! lol

Looks like this is turning out to be the case.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Yea this would make for easily the most boring free agency period of all time, esp considering this is one of the more stacked crops in recent memory. So I hope you're wrong! lol

Looks like this is turning out to be the case.

Why? None of the big names have signed yet. lol
  • Jiks
Why? None of the big names have signed yet. lol
It just seems likely everything is staying pretty much in place by most rumors. Draymond, Leonard, lebron, love, Middleton, Butler, Gasol are all rumored to be staying. LA is really one of the only game changing signings if rumors hold true imo.

By game changing I mean top of the class. The rest is more upper middle of the pack.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jul 1, 2015 at 12:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone