LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

PGA Tour thread

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
If Tiger was in his prime and he joined LIV, it'd be like when Hulk Hogan joined WcW

Tiger has too much respect for the PGA tour, his legacy, and those golfers before him to join LIV. From reports, he turned down ONE BILLION DOLLARS from the Saudis. I understand that he doesnt need their money but that is still a fortune.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If Tiger was in his prime and he joined LIV, it'd be like when Hulk Hogan joined WcW

Tiger has too much respect for the PGA tour, his legacy, and those golfers before him to join LIV. From reports, he turned down ONE BILLION DOLLARS from the Saudis. I understand that he doesnt need their money but that is still a fortune.

Probably $1 billion and control of some oil reserves lol.
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Probably $1 billion and control of some oil reserves lol.

Plus lifetime all you can eat privileges at Perkins
Nvm
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jun 21, 2022 at 7:01 PM ]
UK media hammered the LIV golfers

Tiger speaks on the LIV situation.

"I disagree with it," Woods said. "I think that what they've done is they've turned their back on what has allowed them to get to this position."

Woods, a 15-time major champion, also wondered how players could jeopardize their opportunities to play in major championships. The LIV Golf Invitational Series is not yet recognized by the Official World Golf Ranking, so its players did not receive world points for its first two events in London and Portland, Oregon.

"Who knows what's going to happen in the near future with world-ranking points, the criteria for entering major championships," Woods said. "The governing body is going to have to figure that out.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34230611/tiger-woods-says-just-understand-how-liv-players-give-chance-play-major-championship
The power of the mullet showing up on Sunday. Great final round
Originally posted by Knowledge:

Good

"I disagree with it," Woods said. "I think that what they've done is they've turned their back on what has allowed them to get to this position."

Woods, a 15-time major champion, also wondered how players could jeopardize their opportunities to play in major championships. The LIV Golf Invitational Series is not yet recognized by the Official World Golf Ranking, so its players did not receive world points for its first two events in London and Portland, Oregon.

"Who knows what's going to happen in the near future with world-ranking points, the criteria for entering major championships," Woods said. "The governing body is going to have to figure that out.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34230611/tiger-woods-says-just-understand-how-liv-players-give-chance-play-major-championship

I as well. It's not like players in this country from our major sports can just go play somewhere else (for another league). I look at the PGA like I do the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, etc.

On top of that, taking money from that pos country (Saudi Arabia) should anger plenty.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Good

I as well. It's not like players in this country from our major sports can just go play somewhere else (for another league). I look at the PGA like I do the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, etc.

On top of that, taking money from that pos country (Saudi Arabia) should anger plenty.

Eh, with Golf its different. Rory is a member of the PGA tour but can still play in European tour events. I don't know the details, but it happens and is allowed. The PGA tour is trying to blacklist these LIV players, but the USGA is letting them play in their events. It's a pissing contest.

Phil brought things to the forefront when he called the LIV backers "scary mfers".

Not saying I agree with players jumping to LIV....
Originally posted by floridaMan:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Good

Eh, with Golf its different. Rory is a member of the PGA tour but can still play in European tour events. I don't know the details, but it happens and is allowed. The PGA tour is trying to blacklist these LIV players, but the USGA is letting them play in their events. It's a pissing contest.

Phil brought things to the forefront when he called the LIV backers "scary mfers".

Not saying I agree with players jumping to LIV....

True, I guess there are some other tours they can participate in and it still counts towards their ranking.

I guess we should not pretend that the PGA is against taking money from anyone, imo, LIV scares them (Phil is right) they have a lot of of money to throw around and make their "league" the top in the world. PGA doesn't want that obviously, so of course they are going to pretend like they care about blood money lol.

lol
"I am sorry. I'm very sorry." lol
Current Top of leaderboard durin day 3 Wyndham Championship

Im Huh Wu Kim

Some licence taken here (Wu is ahead of Huh) but I wonder Huh Im is and if Kim is worthy of Wuing?
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Current Top of leaderboard durin day 3 Wyndham Championship

Im Huh Wu Kim

Some licence taken here (Wu is ahead of Huh) but I wonder Huh Im is and if Kim is worthy of Wuing?

I've seen the Leaderboards for the last two PGA events and I have no idea who they are.
You love to see it.

Share 49ersWebzone