LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

PGA Tour thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that was crazy watching that wave of people following tiger onto the 18th.
This is cool. Lol Big Boi was there.

Ryder Cup on Friday. Cant wait. I think Europe will win but this is a very strong USA team.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Ryder Cup on Friday. Cant wait. I think Europe will win but this is a very strong USA team.

The USA's players have been playing pretty damn good recently. Why do you think Europe will win?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

The USA's players have been playing pretty damn good recently. Why do you think Europe will win?

Track record of the Ryder Cup when playing in Europe. The USA hasnt won in Europe in 25 years.

Europe can set the course the way they want to minimize the power and length of the Americans. I also expect the greens to be slower than they are on the PGA tour. Home course means something.

Finally, Europe also has 5 of the top ranked players in the World so they also have a strong team.

Having said all this... if the American players play their best they can easily win. You are right about many of them playing extremely well. I will be watching and rooting thats for sure.
Ha, Euro fans really dont like Reed.

What an embarrassing performance by the USA team in the afternoon foursome matches. It was stupid to play Phil and Bubba in the alternate shot format and quite frankly I would sit them both tomorrow for the entire day. Both are way too erratic off the tee for this course.
Pathetic!
You called that one John. They barely showed up.
The PGA tour is playing at Silverado in Napa this week. I like watching because I have played that North course many times. Phil was doing pretty well until he just hit an iron off the tee out of bounds. LOL Are you kidding me Phil? Cant remember the last time I saw a PGA pro do that.

• Jiks
The PGA tour is playing at Silverado in Napa this week. I like watching because I have played that North course many times. Phil was doing pretty well until he just hit an iron off the tee out of bounds. LOL Are you kidding me Phil? Cant remember the last time I saw a PGA pro do that.
That's kind of his story these last few years. He'll look great for just long enough to get you rooting for him then he'll hit a shot that makes the average golfer feel better about their game.
I love golf and enjoy watching the big events such as the majors and Ryder Cup. However, I think its a joke that the Tiger-Phil match will actually cost $19.99 to watch via PPV. This for a meaningless 18 hole event. No thanks.
I love golf and enjoy watching the big events such as the majors and Ryder Cup. However, I think its a joke that the Tiger-Phil match will actually cost $19.99 to watch via PPV. This for a meaningless 18 hole event. No thanks.

Phil was talking during the Lakers game with the guys and explaining how he and Tiger will be making side bets during the match (they'll both be mic'd up). He said somebody has a tough putt or something they'll bet 50K or something on it. While I also think it's ridiculous to pay $20 to watch this, I think it would be cool to see this type of round be played. 2 people can't even go to the movies for $20. 4 hours of entertainment is like 2 movies. Know what I'm saying? lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Phil was talking during the Lakers game with the guys and explaining how he and Tiger will be making side bets during the match (they'll both be mic'd up). He said somebody has a tough putt or something they'll bet 50K or something on it. While I also think it's ridiculous to pay $20 to watch this, I think it would be cool to see this type of round be played. 2 people can't even go to the movies for $20. 4 hours of entertainment is like 2 movies. Know what I'm saying? lol

I hear you. It isnt like $20 is going to break many people and its half the price of playing a round of golf at most courses. I just have an issue that they are even charging for this. Seeing guys who are worth more than 500M (at least Tiger is) bet 50K doesnt do that much for me. Now, if they each put up 50M of their own money to a winner take all that might be interesting.
Go Tiger go!
Share 49ersWebzone