There are 200 users in the forums

2015 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
Towns and Russell with both be on the Wolves, you heard it hear first

Keep dreaming
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
6 days until D'Angelo Russell is a 76er!

Word out of the Lakers organization is they are favoring Russell over Okafor. Rumors are rumors, but this is what they're saying.

Lakers have always have great big men. I dont see them passing on either Okafor or Towns
Originally posted by JustinMT:
I hope the Jazz don't draft Dekker.

If they do it'll be in a trade down. I expect the Jazz to be active come draft day. With so many assets and so much depth they can make a move for a guy like Jeff Teague(I wish).

if they stay at 12 I think it'll be because Turner dropped to them, or they are sold on Oubre. Those are the two guys I like most

Word out of the Lakers organization is they are favoring Russell over Okafor. Rumors are rumors, but this is what they're saying.

Lakers have always have great big men. I dont see them passing on either Okafor or Towns

I'm a very big fan of history. With that said, recent history tells us something else about these Los Angeles Lakers...

– Trading Pau and Odom for a failed CP3 deal
– Going after Dwight Howard (great PnR roll man) and Steve Nash (great PnR ball handler), which by the way came at the cost of trading a great post player (Bynum)
– Bringing in D'Antoni (who was not fired, he quit...something to keep in mind. Also, he was chosen over Phil Jackson. Anyone know what Phil's offensively philosophy revolves around?)
– Bringing in Byron Scott (Showtime anyone?)

If you ask me I'd say they have an idea for what direction they want to go in. A direction that drafting Russell would fit with more than Okafor.
[ Edited by GameOver on Jun 19, 2015 at 1:35 PM ]

Sounds more like a smokescreen, but if those are their top two, they're guaranteed to get one of them at #2, so they can't go wrong there.
[ Edited by zonkers on Jun 19, 2015 at 2:33 PM ]
bring Houston that Notre Dame PG, PLEASE!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Doubt Cavs keep the pick...but like Oubre in the mid 20s for them.

A back-up point guard is another direction they can go in but want a perimeter player who can shoot and may turn into a good defender.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 20, 2015 at 2:04 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Did he declare? I thought the ND PG that most were talking about is Jerian Grant, I'm a Irish fan, and loved Grant's game with the Irish. Might be wrong, Jackson may have been a Senior, I haven't paid attention to the draft lately.
I will quit being a Sixers fan if they draft Porzingis

#fact

Here's my top 7
1) Minn- Towns
2) LAL- Russel
3) PHI- Okafor
4) NYK- WCS
5) ORL- Winslow
6) SAC- Porzingis
7) DEN- Mudiay
Originally posted by 4ML:
Doubt Cavs keep the pick...but like Oubre in the mid 20s for them.

A back-up point guard is another direction they can go in but want a perimeter player who can shoot and may turn into a good defender.

Oubre will be long gone by the Cavs pick. He's athletic and can shoot with a 7'2 wingspan. A team will take him in the teens or maybe earlier.

The Cavs are more likely to go PG (Jerian Grant, Tyus Jones, Delon Wright). If they go SF, Justin Anderson is more realistic and probably more NBA ready. He doesn't have the huge upside Oubre has, but he's more likely to be available.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Did he declare? I thought the ND PG that most were talking about is Jerian Grant, I'm a Irish fan, and loved Grant's game with the Irish. Might be wrong, Jackson may have been a Senior, I haven't paid attention to the draft lately.

Yeah Jerian Grant, I assume he announced since he is listed on every draft site for NBA
3 more days!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
If you want a numbers look at the top players:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/projecting-the-top-50-players-in-the-2015-nba-draft-class/?ex_cid=espnnbaTwitter&sf10191965=1
Share 49ersWebzone