There are 241 users in the forums

FIFA officials arrested over corruption charges (update: Blatter resigns!)

Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
so, some American guy got caught? i'm hearing on ESPN that it was an American dude, and through him they were able to get at other of these officials. supposedly the guy has been getting payed under the table for many years, and was telling the government he wasn't getting any income, even though he had a nice house and cars.

From what I read they busted a dude a couple years back and he became an informer. That allowed them to trace the 10 other officials who were just arrested. Details are still sketchy at this point, but that was CNN's timeline

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/us/fifa-corruption-investigation-why/

Ya, it's live on CNN / ESPN right now. I guess these guys were making a lot of their deals through the US, including our banks. This is why they are getting f**ked. If you make money of the USA and Uncle Sam doesn't see any of that money, you f**ked lol.
They caught a bunch of people from the Americas, and mostly north and central? Thats great. $150 million being paid back, thats chump change compared to whats going on in Europe, Russia for getting the '18 bid and Qatar.

Sepp is chillin', who basically runs the show, and FIFA is claiming that they are the victims lol.

Good for us though. Most governments turn a blind eye to this, but our judicial system looked into it and found out there were executives of major corporations involved and using our banks, and said F this, you can't do that in this country. Keep your corrupt BS abroad.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on May 27, 2015 at 10:21 AM ]
$150 million!!!!!
they probably went after the low level executive so they can offer them a deal and get to the head honcho. threaten them with decades in jail or something like that
FIFA Inquiry Yields Indictments; U.S. Officials Vow to Pursue More

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/sports/soccer/fifa-officials-arrested-on-corruption-charges-blatter-isnt-among-them.html
I wanna see sep blatter get arrested
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
They caught a bunch of people from the Americas, and mostly north and central? Thats great. $150 million being paid back, thats chump change compared to whats going on in Europe, Russia for getting the '18 bid and Qatar.

Sepp is chillin', who basically runs the show, and FIFA is claiming that they are the victims lol.

Good for us though. Most governments turn a blind eye to this, but our judicial system looked into it and found out there were executives of major corporations involved and using our banks, and said F this, you can't do that in this country. Keep your corrupt BS abroad.

That's what makes this interesting though. It seems like we just keep climbing up the hierarchy of FIFA. I'm sure one of these guys that pleaded guilty, will become another informant, so this isn't over just yet.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This. But unlikely, he is Mr Teflon.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
About damn time
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This. But unlikely, he is Mr Teflon.

Yep. It is as likely as Goodell being ousted.

No surprise Blatter won. Probably threatened the smaller countries with removal of FIFA funding unless they voted for him.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
No surprise Blatter won. Probably threatened the smaller countries with removal of FIFA funding unless they voted for him.

Ha, what a joke of a league. Amidst scandal and arrests, no time to postpone the election. Then elect the same guy who presided over the scandal for years.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Ha, what a joke of a league. Amidst scandal and arrests, no time to postpone the election. Then elect the same guy who presided over the scandal for years.

..... with the promise that he will clean it up! He can't be expected to know everything that's going on!

POS.

Nfl is no better with Goodell. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Nfl is no better with Goodell. lol

Lol, not even the same thing. Goodell was given power from the union and owners to make his stupid decisions. He doesn't have a staff of folks stealing money to host games.
Share 49ersWebzone