There are 220 users in the forums

Oakland Athletics thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I miss Cespedes, Donaldson and Russell. Can't believe we traded them, will never forgive Beane.

He would be fired anywhere else if he traded those guys. I couldnt believe them at the time and still cant.

Beane committed the cardinal sin of messing with a team that was winning. He was trying to bolster the rotation for the playoffs, but he really shouldve waited until it was a need.
Still hate Beane, still don't give a f**k about the 2015 A's, lol

Meanwhile Donaldson is having another MVP caliber year
Being an A's and (recovering) Sharks fan, I get the best of both worlds.
The A's feature players just as they hit their prime, with some rejuvenated veterans sprinkled in.
The Sharks features players past their prime, with some low potential UDFAs sprinkled in.
Originally posted by IT21:
Still hate Beane, still don't give a f**k about the 2015 A's, lol

Meanwhile Donaldson is having another MVP caliber year

Well my gf from Toronto is happy, lulz. The Donaldson bobblehead is still up in our place.
Well after starting the 10-game homestand 0-3, A's still could only muster up 4-3 vs Rox and M's. They're 11 games out, and worse they've got 3 teams to climb over just to get to 2nd place...i.e. time to put a fork in the season.

Not that I really thought this team was going to do much, but now is time for the Beanius to face reality...dude gutted this team when they were still good, so now nothing should stop him from blowing it up. Vogt just made the AS team, his value will never be higher...sell high with him, Kazmir, Reddick, Zobrist. And if someone makes a Godfather offer for Gray? Why not, with the A's luck he's due for a TJ pretty soon anyway.

Or you know, just go about 52-25 from here on out, make the WC, get hot, win WS.
Boom! The homer in the 10th!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Boom! The homer in the 10th!

Incredible that we're 86 games in, almost to the ASB, and that was their FIRST extra-innings win...oh what might have been if the bullpen hadn't f***ed up so many games this season.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jul 7, 2015 at 9:54 PM ]
Maybe one of these days the A's will groom great talent that they'll actually be able to keep. It's really tough to watch.

I didn't expect great things this season, but they sometimes look like they have pieces to compete while teasing with those brief winning streaks.

I hope the cupboards have something in them with any of the trades they've made over the past year.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Has any other team ever had such a high proportion of its games be either blowout wins or 1-run losses?
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Maybe one of these days the A's will groom great talent that they'll actually be able to keep. It's really tough to watch.

I didn't expect great things this season, but they sometimes look like they have pieces to compete while teasing with those brief winning streaks.

I hope the cupboards have something in them with any of the trades they've made over the past year.

It must be incredibly difficult to be an A's fan. The organization is so poorly run from ownership to the front office, Bob Melvin is a quality baseball manager who is hamstrung by a GM who either by his own volition or with direction from the owner just guts the team at the big league level year after year.

I honestly think Billy Beane is the most overrated GM in sports. He has been more of a disaster than anything over the past year and took a team with some real stars (Cespedes, Donaldson) and great prospect (Russell) and turned it into a mediocre team that is selling once again. I am so glad that I am not an A's fan. Too painful
I honestly think Billy Beane is the most overrated GM in sports. He has been more of a disaster than anything over the past year and took a team with some real stars (Cespedes, Donaldson) and great prospect (Russell) and turned it into a mediocre team that is selling once again. I am so glad that I am not an A's fan. Too painful

I'm just praying the owners sell soon and new ownership brings in new management. I don't know if I can watch and love the A's anymore. I used to think it was just the ownership but now I'm convinced even Beane doesn't care about winning.

One of two things will happen in the next decade imo. What I just said above, or they'll move to Oklahoma City or Montreal.
Originally posted by IT21:

I'm just praying the owners sell soon and new ownership brings in new management. I don't know if I can watch and love the A's anymore. I used to think it was just the ownership but now I'm convinced even Beane doesn't care about winning.

One of two things will happen in the next decade imo. What I just said above, or they'll move to Oklahoma City or Montreal.

Owners aren't gonna sell, sadly. At the very least it seems they are gonna stay in Oakland.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Owners aren't gonna sell, sadly. At the very least it seems they are gonna stay in Oakland.

I honestly think in the next 15 years they will most likely sell to a group that moves the team out of Oakland. Maybe they'll actually build a stadium in Oakland. God knows. But the whole process is taking way too long for me to believe that'll happen. It should've started a decade ago
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Josh Donaldson is an MVP caliber talent that had 5 years of team control remaining. Arguably the best all around 3B in the league. I'm convinced they'll never keep anyone great, ever.

TBH I've gotten sick of it, I've already posted in here I don't care about the team as much as I used to. How can you when your favorite players are traded for minor league players over and over again? Especially players the caliber of Josh Donaldson.

I got sick of it to the point I question my own fanhood sometimes and I really just don't care about the A's this year, at all. Maybe I'll care again when I'm over trading Donaldson, Russell, and Cespedes but once that happens they'll probably trade Sonny Gray a month later.
Share 49erswebzone