LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

Oakland Athletics thread

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Really disappointed this team didnt keep their hometown MVP candidate shortstop. Doesnt bode well for Chapman and Olsen.

Its too bad that it seems like the new front office/ownership group was simply giving this fanbase lip service about their plans moving forward. Inexcusable to have handled the Semien situation the way they did.

Semien was high key awful last year but it was weird they didn't do more to keep him.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Really disappointed this team didnt keep their hometown MVP candidate shortstop. Doesnt bode well for Chapman and Olsen.

Its too bad that it seems like the new front office/ownership group was simply giving this fanbase lip service about their plans moving forward. Inexcusable to have handled the Semien situation the way they did.

Semien was high key awful last year but it was weird they didn't do more to keep him.

Ehhh, 60 game season. He would have turned it around.
Heyo! 1st win! 1-6!
Now 5-7, watch out, we're approaching mediocrity.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Now 5-7, watch out, we're approaching mediocrity.

Assuming this holds up we're on pace for our token playoff cameo appearance and exit in the first act.
The A's better stop this, they're making me optimistic. Twins clearly gifted them a win today, but I suppose good teams do capitalize on the mistakes of their opponents. Terrible 1-7 start, now 12-7. Assuming they continue playing above.500 ball they look to be a playoff team, or at least in the hunt for their annual one and done.
Terrible news about the proposed relocation.
Damn.....just damn. I want the A's to stay in the Bay.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

sucks but with what happened to the Raiders you knew this would bubble up again.

Originally posted by TheXFactor:

sucks but with what happened to the Raiders you knew this would bubble up again.

True. And I wouldn't be surprised if they go to vegas as well.
MLB advises A's it may be time to move

As an A's fan I am alternately saddened and unsurprised by this turn of events. The city of Oakland just can't get their shirt together.

I'd like to see the team come to Sacramento, but they'd probably be in the same boat as they are now, so they will likely move out of state.

The Athletics are such a storied franchise in MLB history and it is sad to see this never ending fiasco finally end in the wrong way for their NorCal fans.

Philadelphia, Kansas City, Oakland, and where to next?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

True. And I wouldn't be surprised if they go to vegas as well.

Not saying it won't happen, because a move to Las Vegas may very well happen as you suggest, but people are smoking crack if they think Las Vegas is a long term viability to support the population it does today. One professional sports team, let alone the two they now have, or the three they could have is just a temporary thing until it becomes clear to corporate America that you can't have a major city in the f***ing desert when your water source is sketchy and the long term prospects for water look worse.
Originally posted by English:
Terrible news about the proposed relocation.

Oakland is a city run by s**tty, short-sighted people. They don't deserve any professional sports teams. The HT project could completely revitalize that area, being a major revenue boon to the city but they're trying to bluff while everyone knows they're holding a lousy hand. The Warriors gone, the Raiders gone, it seems that if this attempt to put pressure on the City Council doesn't work then the A's will be off for greener pastures as well.

• Mr711
Unfortunately the city is a complete POS and the homeless issue is spiking more than they can control. It was inevitable this was going to happen. A shame too.
Plus when you have an ownership that won't invest in its team you can kiss the fan support goodbye.
Share 49ersWebzone