LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Oakland Athletics thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Yeah Melvin is a great regular season manager.... hes just a s**tty post season manager.

This isnt on Melvin. The A's are built to win in the regular season but without a true #1 or #2 starter its almost impossible to win the WS. To me this is all about the A's payroll budget and refusal to spend on big time pitching.

100% agree
It's literally the same cycle every few years. They build a team good enough to make the playoffs and get eliminated in the first round.
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by zonkers:
Nothing says "Rooted in Oakland" like some Oakland City Council members directing the D.A. to file a lawsuit against the A's on WC game day.

yeah..this could end up terrible

You'd think this should be a slam dunk, that after losing the Raiders and Warriors, and seeing how a new ballpark next door in SF has been a huge success, the city of Oakland would be doing all they can to work with the A's to FINALLY get a new park underway. So what do these idiots do? They sue the A's.

Never underestimate the shortsightedness and sheer stupidity of the people who run Oakland and their ability to totally f**k things up.
City of Oakland, Inc. still at it https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/11/08/oakland-files-injunction-alameda-coliseum-sale/

I didn't think the Howard Terminal option was really that realistic. I assume that means Oakland is either doing all this for PR or that long term they really don't care for a sports team unless it's at Jack London Square.
[ Edited by zonkers on Nov 9, 2019 at 5:14 PM ]
City of Oakland, Inc. still at it https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/11/08/oakland-files-injunction-alameda-coliseum-sale/

I didn't think the Howard Terminal option was really that realistic. I assume that means Oakland is either doing all this for PR or that long term they really don't care for a sports team unless it's at Jack London Square.

Only one more team left to drive out of town and then....Oakland wins?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Detroit is like "Dang Oakland, even we still have all 4 teams...."
oakland done f**ked up.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Like I said, the stupidity of Oakland city "leaders" knows no bounds, they'll declare victory once the A's have moved to Vegas.
Lawsuit been dropped, then.
Another season, another year of postseason disappointment
A's dropping radio broadcasts this year. LOL.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
A's dropping radio broadcasts this year. LOL.

Sounds like people were upset about the games being aired on a station that features conservative talk radio.

The A's got some negative feedback from fans last season because KTRB features conservative on-air personalities. But the move was a surprise to station officials.

Mike Shields, the general manager of Salem Media Group, which owns the station, said the A's gave notice last week that they would not be renewing their contract. Shields said the broadcast partnership was productive from his view and the station was planning for another season of broadcasting games.

"We certainly had hoped it would continue. We enjoyed the relationship quite a bit," Shields said. "We did not know it was coming. But in this day and age, things change. We wish them the best."

Shields didn't close the door on a reunion — even this season, if the A's so choose.

"We will continue to do everything possible to leave the door open," Shields said. "You never know."
Fun times!
Nice work, guys.
I think the A's got a legit shot to take the title. That would be pretty cool to see.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think the A's got a legit shot to take the title. That would be pretty cool to see.

Im glad they dont have to play a 1 game playoff this year
Share 49ersWebzone