Oakland Athletics thread

Davis is guaranteed to be traded now. No way the A's pay that entire contract.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Happy for the A's and happy for A's fans that Khris Davis re-signed.

I just wish that A's fans and their marketing team would try not to be so petty when it comes to things like twitter. There was absolutely no need to take a subtle shot at Kevin Durant when announcing this extension. Just like there is no need for the A's to constantly take shots at the Giants with their marketing campaigns.

Its just not necessary. There is a way to praise your own team and players without having to portray your organization as a jealous stepchild. Most Giants fans I know root for the A's to an extent. Wish this was reciprocated by A's fans, but its the exact opposite in most cases.

This extension was great news for the A's, for Davis, and for A's fans. That is all it should have been about.

I'm glad they signed Davis but I'm not holding my breath they'll pay to hold onto any of their young talent...this thread is littered with my thoughts on the A's/Beane philosophy.

What's the shot they took at Durant? I couldn't care less what teams do with their marketing, especially social media since I don't do FB, etc. Until the A's get a new stadium and win a ring or two I think there's always going to be that little brother syndrome.

Re: Giants, admittedly as a kid I didn't like them...but not because of the A's, it was due to them being in same division as the Reds, long story short the Reds/A's were my 1a and 1b teams. But I always knew the Giants players, their stats, would imitate their batting stances (loved Terry Whitfield's!)...but I REALLY hated the Cards, so that combined with fact I liked the HackMan, once the '87 playoffs rolled around I rooted for the Giants and have ever since. Most of the time.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

What's the shot they took at Durant? I couldn't care less what teams do with their marketing, especially social media since I don't do FB, etc. Until the A's get a new stadium and win a ring or two I think there's always going to be that little brother syndrome.

Yeah, they like giving off the "small" market, nimble, rebel image. I assume they're waiting to have Oakland all to themselves before they build a new stadium. Still, I have a hunch that they'll just use the leverage to stay at the Colesium.

Based on past experience, I can only hope that Chapman gets a Chavez-like deal.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Alameda going to vote today to see if they sell their Colosseum rights to the Little A's.

That was a great series against Chicago!

Puk's fastball looks legit. Throws a laser downwards to the hitter. Though, he obviously still needs plenty of work.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Puk's fastball looks legit. Throws a laser downwards to the hitter. Though, he obviously still needs plenty of work.

6'7"! Taller than Olsen! Needs a haircut though
Had the last two games on in the background. A's defense is great.
They'd be running away with the Wild Card in the NL, crazy how stacked the AL is with even Boston struggling for a playoff spot.
Nothing but love for the A's but wanted to say that my middle finger is sticking straight up at Ryan Buchter. Pansy ass POS.

Good luck the rest of the season A's fans.
Share 49erswebzone