LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Oakland Athletics thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by IT21:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Well, pack this thread back into hibernation.

When was it not?

Clowning on them for being 22 wins over their estimated win total while your giants went from nearly losing 100 games last year to just below .500 this year makes a lot of sense

The Giants have still won 3 of the last 8 World Series', so we can afford some bad years.

Cool, you can take that to the Giants thread
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Well, pack this thread back into hibernation.

When was it not?

Clowning on them for being 22 wins over their estimated win total while your giants went from nearly losing 100 games last year to just below .500 this year makes a lot of sense

The Giants have still won 3 of the last 8 World Series', so we can afford some bad years.

Cool, you can take that to the Giants thread

lol YOU brought the Giants up!
Kyler Murray wins the Heisman. I wonder if this is likely to impact on the A's chances of actually playing him.

5'10". Makes Russell Wilson look gigantic!
Originally posted by English:
Kyler Murray wins the Heisman. I wonder if this is likely to impact on the A's chances of actually playing him.

5'10". Makes Russell Wilson look gigantic!

5'10" is what he is listed at. I'd be shocked if he's more than 5'8" and 175. Standing next to Tua who is 6'0" to 6'1", Murray looked like his little brother. Not a chance he plays QB in the NFL.

Designed by the cutting-edge Danish architectural firm Bjarke Ingels Group, the ballpark is a deliberate throwback to the turn-of-the-century diamonds like Philadelphia's Shibe Park (a.k.a. Connie Mack Stadium) where the A's once played.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Designed by the cutting-edge Danish architectural firm Bjarke Ingels Group, the ballpark is a deliberate throwback to the turn-of-the-century diamonds like Philadelphia's Shibe Park (a.k.a. Connie Mack Stadium) where the A's once played.

If it gets built it looks as though it will be awesome.

That description on the design is really interesting and cool . Hope this gets done

The Shire

https://twitter.com/peterhartlaub/status/1067940054809534465/photo/1

Looks kind of cozy like Fenway.

[ Edited by zonkers on Dec 9, 2018 at 2:58 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Profar is a good pickup for you guys.
Kyle murray gone

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Kyle murray gone

Thought it was nuts for the A's to draft Kyler when they did. Hindsight makes it even worse. I really hope Kyler chooses baseball because it would do a lot for the sport itself, but if the rumors he could go anywhere from top 10 to end of the first round, he wont be choosing baseball. Sucks for baseball.
I think the A's and Kyler will come to an agreement of some sort. They kind of need him. Wasting a top 10 pick is huge lol.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Thought it was nuts for the A's to draft Kyler when they did. Hindsight makes it even worse. I really hope Kyler chooses baseball because it would do a lot for the sport itself, but if the rumors he could go anywhere from top 10 to end of the first round, he wont be choosing baseball. Sucks for baseball.

The A's will still hold his rights so if he goes the NFL route and ends up flopping, he can always return to baseball a few years down the road. Its looking like they whiffed on the pick, fortunately those 1st rounders aren't as big of a deal in baseball overall.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I think the A's and Kyler will come to an agreement of some sort. They kind of need him. Wasting a top 10 pick is huge lol.

Obviously its not a good thing to be blowing early draft picks but I don't think its nearly as bad as doing so in the NBA or NFL. The number of guys who are flat out busts, meaning they either don't make it to the majors at all or turn out to be below average players is extremely high. Look at any draft class and you'll find an almost equal number of solid picks and busts in the top 10.
  • dmax
  • Veteran

Where you gonna park?
Until I see shovels in the dirt ..I'm gonna be skeptical
[ Edited by dmax on Jan 15, 2019 at 1:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone