There are 217 users in the forums

Oakland Athletics thread

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by captveg:
If the team doesn't spend some serious $$ on a new stadium once the Raiders flee I will continue to ignore the team.

Yeah, you and everybody else in the Bay Area. lol

Ouch lol

He isn't lying lol.
27th in attendance with 96 wins.

They continue to make you not want to pay attention to them no matter how surprisingly good they are
This is a day late but also f**k Jon Lester for being consistently amazing in the playoffs except when he pitches for the A's
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IT21:
If the team doesn't spend some serious $$ on a new stadium once the Raiders flee I will continue to ignore the team.

Ouch lol

He isn't lying lol.

They continue to make you not want to pay attention to them no matter how surprisingly good they are
Should be in San Jose but Oakland decided to sue in order to force them to stay. The coliseum is a POS as is the neighborhood. Lets hope they actually get some kind of referendum passed to get a new ball park otherwise the league might have to take action.
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 4, 2018 at 1:19 AM ]
Well, pack this thread back into hibernation.
Originally posted by Niners99:

When was it not?
It was a good season. Way above expectations. Nice going, guys.
Originally posted by jcs:

Ouch lol

He isn't lying lol.

Should be in San Jose but Oakland decided to sue in order to force them to stay. The coliseum is a POS as is the neighborhood. Lets hope they actually get some kind of referendum passed to get a new ball park otherwise the league might have to take action.

San Jose is Giants territory. They can't go there. Their best shot was fremont, which is the southern most east bay city, but that plan went to s**t. The coliseum parking lot is their best chance.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
San Jose is Giants territory. They can't go there. Their best shot was fremont, which is the southern most east bay city, but that plan went to s**t. The coliseum parking lot is their best chance.

On top of that, I don't think San Jose / Santa Clara is in the mood to put up another stadium. The A's are stuck if they want to stay on the west coast. The only city I can think will take them and build a stadium is San Antonio. However, if Vegas is still in the market for another franchise, they could end up there too.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

When was it not?

Clowning on them for being 22 wins over their estimated win total while your giants went from nearly losing 100 games last year to just below .500 this year makes a lot of sense
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
So, when are they moving to Vegas?

Originally posted by SoCold:

Hopefully somewhere further away like Montreal

This is rather unnecessary.

When was it not?

Clowning on them for being 22 wins over their estimated win total while your giants went from nearly losing 100 games last year to just below .500 this year makes a lot of sense

I dont think its as much clowning on the team as much as it is clowning on the fanbase,.
Originally posted by English:

This is rather unnecessary.

Sorry
I honestly do hope they build a new stadium anywhere in the bay area and start spending money like any average team does and retain their core players so they dont have to rebuild every other year, but even that seems improbable with this ownership group. Even with revenue sharing. Its sad.

Hopefully it'll eventually change.

When was it not?

The Giants have still won 3 of the last 8 World Series', so we can afford some bad years.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Oct 4, 2018 at 4:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone