LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

The San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Yes. Can't wait.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Thinking this will be a rough season overall in the field (72-74 wins max), but I'm not worried about it. I see this as a re-loading year, getting rid of $50M worth of salary from guys that frankly don't provide commensurate value (Timmy, Huddy, Affeldt, Vogey, Arias, Aoki, etc.) as well as giving a handful of youngsters the opportunity to step up and make contributions by end of year, setting them up for potential roster spots in 2016.

Specifically looking at guys like Susac, Kyle Crick (RHP), Mac Williamson (OF), Steven Okert (LHP), Ray Black (RHP), Tyler Horan (OF), Adalberto Mejia (LHP), and maybe even Jarrett Parker (OF) to take the next step and show what they can do in September. These are the things I'm looking forward to in 2015.

Wow, 74 wins? That seems like absolute worst case. Were too good for that. I think its more like 82 wins.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I was curious about Tommy Joseph so I looked him up, he was the main prospect in the Pence trade, looks like the injury bug has hit him ever since he went to Philly, I was certain he'd be in the bigs by now

http://articles.philly.com/2015-03-09/sports/59898160_1_tommy-joseph-phillies-organization-spring-training

Horrible trade by Sabean
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Thinking this will be a rough season overall in the field (72-74 wins max), but I'm not worried about it. I see this as a re-loading year, getting rid of $50M worth of salary from guys that frankly don't provide commensurate value (Timmy, Huddy, Affeldt, Vogey, Arias, Aoki, etc.) as well as giving a handful of youngsters the opportunity to step up and make contributions by end of year, setting them up for potential roster spots in 2016.

Specifically looking at guys like Susac, Kyle Crick (RHP), Mac Williamson (OF), Steven Okert (LHP), Ray Black (RHP), Tyler Horan (OF), Adalberto Mejia (LHP), and maybe even Jarrett Parker (OF) to take the next step and show what they can do in September. These are the things I'm looking forward to in 2015.

Wow, 74 wins? That seems like absolute worst case. Were too good for that. I think its more like 82 wins.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I don't think our starting pitching will hold up for 162. Beyond MadBum, it's going to be a roller coaster, and we haven't even talked about the woeful lack of power.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I don't think our starting pitching will hold up for 162. Beyond MadBum, it's going to be a roller coaster, and we haven't even talked about the woeful lack of power.

I will stick with 77 or 78 wins. The Padres have to be a LOT better and if Colorado can stay healthy they will be as well. Not looking forward to seeing our SPs other than MB pitch in Colorado. That could get ugly.
Good start for Pablo in Boston. 0 for 3 with 2 K's.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
if anybody in this thread is still talking about pablo is a clinger. that's right im talmbout niners99
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
if anybody in this thread is still talking about pablo is a clinger. that's right im talmbout niners99

Dude still clinging to the pierzinski for Nathan and Liriano trade... That's his thing
[ Edited by Garcia on Apr 6, 2015 at 2:07 PM ]
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Dude still clinging to the pierzinski for Nathan and Liriano trade... That's his thing

sheeesh

Good start for Pablo in Boston. 0 for 3 with 2 K's.

Pho Kim
Dbags lineup, per Pavlovic

Pollock CF, Inciarte LF, Goldschmidt 1B, Trumbo RF, Hill 3B, Owings 2B, Gosewisch C, Ahmed SS, Collmenter RHP
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I was curious about Tommy Joseph so I looked him up, he was the main prospect in the Pence trade, looks like the injury bug has hit him ever since he went to Philly, I was certain he'd be in the bigs by now

http://articles.philly.com/2015-03-09/sports/59898160_1_tommy-joseph-phillies-organization-spring-training

I think that was the one trade Sabes has made in the past few years that I was on board with from the get-go, especially considering what Amaro gave up to get him in the first place.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
1. Aoki LF
2. Panik 2B
3. Pagan CF
4. Posey C
5. Belt 1B
6. McGehee 3B
7. Crawford SS
8. Blanco RF
9. Bumgarner P
[ Edited by Garcia on Apr 6, 2015 at 2:53 PM ]