LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

****CA Angels of CA Thread FYG****

Originally posted by SoCold:
Lose back to back series against the two worst teams in the league. Ouch.

Ya season was over after we blew that comeback against the Orioles.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Thanks for losing to the Orioles. Helped us become the WTIBB.

Thanks for losing to the Orioles. Helped us become the WTIBB.

Get outta here lance!!
Honestly there aren't that many holes in this team. Eppler REALLY has his work cut out for him. Starting pitching, starting pitching, starting pitching and maybe a couple of situational relievers? We are not that far away.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Honestly there aren't that many holes in this team. Eppler REALLY has his work cut out for him. Starting pitching, starting pitching, starting pitching and maybe a couple of situational relievers? We are not that far away.

Ya its all about SP.

Infield is solid. Tommy, Fletch, Simmons. 1B is a ? Thaiss looks capable though. And Pujols will probably be back again...ugh.
Catcher might be an issue again, if Lucroy doesn't resign.

OF is set. Upton, Trout, Jo. Goodwin as well, depending on his contract situation. Assuimg Kole is gone too.

Bullpen is solid outside of another left hander.

And then SP of course. Hopefully you are right about Cole coming. And then Shohei will also be ready next year.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Aug 1, 2019 at 7:40 PM ]
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Ya its all about SP.

Infield is solid. Tommy, Fletch, Simmons. 1B is a ? Thaiss looks capable though. And Pujols will probably be back again...ugh.
Catcher might be an issue again, if Lucroy doesn't resign.

OF is set. Upton, Trout, Jo. Goodwin as well, depending on his contract situation. Assuimg Kole is gone too.

Bullpen is solid outside of another left hander.

And then SP of course. Hopefully you are right about Cole coming. And then Shohei will also be ready next year.

Crazy to think Shohei is the pitcher that he is, given he's #3 hitter in a potent lineup.

Hopefully Taylor ward makes strides, and don't forget about Rengifo. Guy has really played well being a rookie, he can cover a lot of ground. We are very young, have studs all over, and have a revamped farm system. You hate to see trout not get in the playoffs again given the year he's having, but man if we can sign a couple of pitcher (backload contracts to when pujols is off in 2021), we should really be in the mix next year. Problem is with Houston, we'll always be battling for a WC.
..... i dont really know what to say about the season anymore, there seemed to be a lot of promise with most players on our roster and i thought for sure we'd be a wild card team. We have 3 active starting pitchers on our roster right now. Sandoval (who looked really good yesterday btw), Suarez and Barria. All 3 of those guys started this year in the minors, that just can't happen. They spent 29.5MM on pitching this year and only 1 of those 3 guys are on the team. And he got demoted to the bullpen. I understand the low risk high reward thing is cool and all, and its worked out a few times but we cannot continue to pass up solid pitching to get those low risk type of guys, look at where its gotten us. And to top all of that off our biggest money making players aren't even playing. Pujols making almost 30MM playing once every 3-4 days, Cozart making 12.6MM and has played 98 games in 2 seasons, Upton batting .208 with 5 HR making almost 20MM and being a complete liability in the OF. I dont see us making the playoffs for another 2 years until we can get rid of a few of these guys and get SP. One thing i love about the team is the fact that our young guys like Fletch, Rengifo, Thaiss, Canning, are all playing at a high level. Certainly not playing like rookies, our bullpen is also great, i think we need to get rid of a few guys like Garcia and Bard and replace Cahill but outside of that our relievers are fine. I only say 2 years because i know Eppler isn't going out there this offseason and signing Cole + another quality pitcher. If we get Cole, that all we're going to get for pitching, maybe another statistic dude that has a high spin rate or some crap. And we need to somehow get rid of Cozart and maybe even Upton. I rather have Kole making 10M bringing at least some solid defense to the team than upton making 20M+ and providing nothing. I know he's only having one bad year but paying someone that much money just to hit homeruns is not worth it.
Clearly we are done this year. None of the pitching FA's panned out, too many injuries.

Too much money spent on guys that don't contribute.

I don't think we really know the affect Skaggs passing, sometimes teams go out and ball. We are doing the opposite.

Cant blame these on Ausmus, hard to judge him based on this year.

Originally posted by 49erWill:

Hopefully Joe comes back.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Hopefully Joe comes back.

I think that's what's gonna happen. Not sure Ausmus got a fair shot with all the injuries and lack of starting pitching but it is what it is.

We look silly firing a guy after 1 year but if the "dream candidate" becomes available you have to go for it.
Aaaaaaand he's gone.
Joe Maddon time?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Joe Maddon time?

Share 49ersWebzone