LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

****CA Angels of CA Thread FYG****

I am not sure I can take another mediocre .500 year of wasting the greatest player of all times career away.
Live look at the front office:

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I am not sure I can take another mediocre .500 year of wasting the greatest player of all times career away.

Same here. Been crying for Pujols to retire for 2 years now. The dude is done, he's been done, hes only hurting the team by playing We cant go after anyone, Nelson Cruz who has averaged 40 HRs a year for the past 4 years just signed a lousy 14M deal with the twins while pujols is picking his butt and making 25M this season.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

lol eppler solidifying the starting rotation with nothing but 5+ ERA guys. I am going to cry when mike leaves us after next season
Originally posted by 49erJay:

lol eppler solidifying the starting rotation with nothing but 5+ ERA guys. I am going to cry when mike leaves us after next season

yup. unless we somehow make the playoffs this year, i think Trout is done. maybe a huge contract will entice him to stay, but whats the point of giving him 300+ mil and not having money to spend anywhere else.
Let's not even talk about Angels. I dope want to depression to begin mounting before Spring Training.
We just traded for a guy who has a career ERA of 7.20..... I just do not understand. The Yankees are so young and talented and have made real playoff pushes the past 3 years, and they've been so aggressive this off season to get better, we won 80 games last year and our biggest signing is who!? Matt Harvey??? This franchise is a joke.
[ Edited by 49erJay on Jan 21, 2019 at 11:43 AM ]
Matt Thaiss is tearing it up in spring training.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I said ultimately he probably should've chosen an NL team, because I don't believe he possesses the ability to hit Major League pitching on a regular basis while also being a starting pitcher. If he was in the NL, in a couple years when he likely is forced to focus only on pitching, he would still get to hit on the days he pitches. Unless the Angels want to forego the DH on his starts, he wont be hitting at all after he becomes a full time SP.

Im basing the fact that he looked totally overmatched in Spring Training as a hitter as a tell that maybe he was feasting off mediocre Japanese pitching, and in the Major Leagues he wont nearly be the threat people thought.

The fact that you used BP as a point just shows your ignorance on the subject. BP means nothing. Nobody is throwing you wipeout sliders in BP. Bumgarner hits HR's in BP that rival Giancarlo Stanton's power, but thats with someone tossing him meatballs.

Barry Bonds had to focus on his swing everyday. So did Ted Williams. So did Joe DiMaggio. Hitters of any caliber have to constantly keep their swing from getting out of whack. Saying he doesn't really have to work on it because hes so naturally gifted is a ridiculous statement.

Maintaining a good swing, and maintaining good pitching mechanics are both full time jobs. You cant focus enough on either one if you're juggling both, which is why he will eventually abandon being an everyday DH to just focus on pitching. He will just need to realize that his hitting isn't helping the team first.

lol just now saw this bump. I formed my initial opinion based on how he looked in spring training last year. I was wrong.

Hes actually been on my keeper league fantasy team since before Spring Training last season, so I obviously wasn't hoping hed be a failure.

I said ultimately he probably should've chosen an NL team, because I don't believe he possesses the ability to hit Major League pitching on a regular basis while also being a starting pitcher. If he was in the NL, in a couple years when he likely is forced to focus only on pitching, he would still get to hit on the days he pitches. Unless the Angels want to forego the DH on his starts, he wont be hitting at all after he becomes a full time SP.

Im basing the fact that he looked totally overmatched in Spring Training as a hitter as a tell that maybe he was feasting off mediocre Japanese pitching, and in the Major Leagues he wont nearly be the threat people thought.

The fact that you used BP as a point just shows your ignorance on the subject. BP means nothing. Nobody is throwing you wipeout sliders in BP. Bumgarner hits HR's in BP that rival Giancarlo Stanton's power, but thats with someone tossing him meatballs.

Barry Bonds had to focus on his swing everyday. So did Ted Williams. So did Joe DiMaggio. Hitters of any caliber have to constantly keep their swing from getting out of whack. Saying he doesn't really have to work on it because hes so naturally gifted is a ridiculous statement.

Maintaining a good swing, and maintaining good pitching mechanics are both full time jobs. You cant focus enough on either one if you're juggling both, which is why he will eventually abandon being an everyday DH to just focus on pitching. He will just need to realize that his hitting isn't helping the team first.

lol just now saw this bump. I formed my initial opinion based on how he looked in spring training last year. I was wrong.

Hes actually been on my keeper league fantasy team since before Spring Training last season, so I obviously wasn't hoping hed be a failure.

Woahhh!!!! Took a year but better late than never. Looking forward to the season, thank god its here. I won't be so happy in about 3 months when Angels are .500 and were about to trade the GOAT.

Woahhh!!!! Took a year but better late than never. Looking forward to the season, thank god its here. I won't be so happy in about 3 months when Angels are .500 and were about to trade the GOAT.

Didn't take a year. I admitted that early in the 2018 season. I just dont post in this thread often.

Didn't take a year. I admitted that early in the 2018 season. I just dont post in this thread often.

We'll see ya next spring training
Matt Thaiss is tearing it up in spring training.

Bourjos too
The team isn't looking so bad, closing in on almost 100 runs scored in spring training. I know most are by guys that aren't going to be on the team but that at least shows that the farm system is getting a lot better. Hopefully we can carry this into the regular season & make it last more than 20 games like last year
Think we will be better this year. A lot of new faces on 1 year deals trying to prove themselves. New manager.

Calling 10 more wins then last year.

90-72
Share 49ersWebzone