There are 316 users in the forums

Australian Open

I haven't seen a thread on the Australian Open so here goes.

We're down to the semi-finals and there are some great match-ups. The Men's draw is extremely powerful. Djokovic-Wawrinka is a war, Novak is at the top of his game and if he is to be beaten it will take a mistake free game from Wawrinka. Djokovic and Murray are the best returners in the game. Wawrinka has a deadly one handed backhand that is the best in the game. Djokovic is the favorite but I'm rooting for Stan the Man.

The second Men's semi is Berdych-Murray. Berdych beat Nadal, his record against Nadal was 0-17, is it his time? Murray is healthy and he's a multiple Slam winner. This one will go 4 or 5 sets. Toss a coin and make a pick.

Now the Women's, Serena is one of my favorite athletes. She's 33 and won her first Slam, the US Open, at the age of 19. She'll have no problem with 19 year old Madison Keys. The second Semi is Sharapova vs Makarova, an all-Russian final. I don't know that much about Makarova, I do know Sharapova, she should prevail.

A Sharapova-Williams final, one more time, I don't know how long these two greats can keep going. My pick, Serena, enjoy watching her she's on the backend of a HOF career. Could very well be the greatest Women's Tennis Player of all-time.
It's rather obvious there are not too many tennis fans on the Zone.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It's rather obvious there are not too many tennis fans on the Zone.

I'm gonna be watching Djoker vs. Murray tomorrow night.

My fav player is Nadal. It was good to see him back on the court. Hopefully he will have a healthy year and win another French Open :)
Share 49ersWebzone