LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

The 2023-24 All In to Win Phoenix Suns Thread

Originally posted by InfiniteEight:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32090195/phoenix-suns-introduce-new-uniform-concept-based-aztec-symbolism-mixed-reaction

I'm a Warriors fan, but I'm digging what the Suns franchise is doing with their uniform designs. Opening up to feedback may make them inundated with both positive and negative comments, but I appreciate their transparency and research.

Those look clean. So much better than those ugly orange "pajamas" they were wearing 3-4 years ago.

Ayton coming into training camp in the best cardio shape of his life. Meanwhile, Booker is out with the 'VID, but says his only symptoms are lack of smell and taste. LFG!

https://arizonasports.com/story/2834091/deandre-ayton-arrives-at-suns-camp-in-top-shape-with-big-time-focus/

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Ayton coming into training camp in the best cardio shape of his life. Meanwhile, Booker is out with the 'VID, but says his only symptoms are lack of smell and taste. LFG!

https://arizonasports.com/story/2834091/deandre-ayton-arrives-at-suns-camp-in-top-shape-with-big-time-focus/

Big year for DA. Hope he steps it up
Originally posted by walker807:
Big year for DA. Hope he steps it up

Both he and Bridges can stand to get more consistent on the offensive end. I'd love to Bridges cut to the rim more. He's a very effective cutter, but he's prone to lapses where he doesn't cut at all.
DA just hit the ugliest three I've ever seen. But it went in, so..
Suns were up 21 at the half against the Blazers. They sent their backups in to start the 3rd quarter, so it's likely the starters are done with preseason. Book with 17pts in 18mins on 6-10 shooting in his first preseason action.

The season starts a week from today with the visiting Nuggets, LFG!
Suns look ready to rock this year
Bridges with the 4 year, $90 million extension that kicks in next year. Suns have 3 more hours to work out extensions for Ayton and Shamet.
Bridges with the 4 year, $90 million extension that kicks in next year. Suns have 3 more hours to work out extensions for Ayton and Shamet.

Looks like DA wants to prove it this year. Thats a tough call because he was disappearing at time 9n the regular season, then had an overall great playoffs. Playoff Ayton I would max out, can he do that and improve is the question. Anyways, he just got more expensive if he balls out like I hope. Cheap ass Sarver better not let him walk like Joe Johnson.
Originally posted by InfiniteEight:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32090195/phoenix-suns-introduce-new-uniform-concept-based-aztec-symbolism-mixed-reaction

I'm a Warriors fan, but I'm digging what the Suns franchise is doing with their uniform designs. Opening up to feedback may make them inundated with both positive and negative comments, but I appreciate their transparency and research.

I think we have the worst default home/away jerseys in all of the NBA. I hate how it says Golden State Warriors on both jerseys, and says it so small that you cant even see it from far away. I hate how the jersey has what feels like a giant plate across it instead of wording. Just a terrible design IMO.

The Suns are not the only team that is getting it right. Most are. Just not our squad.

Looks like DA wants to prove it this year. Thats a tough call because he was disappearing at time 9n the regular season, then had an overall great playoffs. Playoff Ayton I would max out, can he do that and improve is the question. Anyways, he just got more expensive if he balls out like I hope. Cheap ass Sarver better not let him walk like Joe Johnson.

Yep, he's gonna be more expensive come next offseason, because I do believe he's going to step it up all season long. 23yo centers take time to develop, and he's been doing just that. It might play out like the Joe Johnson scenario all over again.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Sarver gonna Sarver. What kills me is that if the Suns were right, and DA isn't that guy to give a max deal.....then you aren't winning a championship anyways. Betting against yourself it feels like. Should of just maxed him out and put it to rest.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Sarver gonna Sarver. What kills me is that if the Suns were right, and DA isn't that guy to give a max deal.....then you aren't winning a championship anyways. Betting against yourself it feels like. Should of just maxed him out and put it to rest.

Don't think it's that big of a deal. He's gonna be RFA next summer. Suns can match any offer he can bring from another team and if they he plays at an all-star level this year - they can max him out next summer as well. No one else can pay him what Suns can pay him next summer - I think smart of Suns to make Ayton earn that 200M contract.
Originally posted by 4ML:

Don't think it's that big of a deal. He's gonna be RFA next summer. Suns can match any offer he can bring from another team and if they he plays at an all-star level this year - they can max him out next summer as well. No one else can pay him what Suns can pay him next summer - I think smart of Suns to make Ayton earn that 200M contract.

Still jaded by Sarver letting Joe Johnson walk. Could of paid him and didn't, probably cost us a title. I'm not sure they give him that contract, if they didn't now after a beast playoff run, will Sarver when he's even more expensive? This is my concern.
Share 49ersWebzone