There are 84 users in the forums

The 2019-20 Phoenix Suns Thread (Age of Ayton)

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Yeah, he's a baller with a nonstop motor. Great hustle. Suns FO is so f**king stupid!

Keeping him was kind of redundant with Baynes on board.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by sacniner:
The Kings acquired Rashuan Holmes... I am super pumped about this kid. He impressed against the Kings a few times last year. Seems like an all energy, all the time guy (opposite of Cauley-Stein).

Can you guys provide some insight? Did you like this kid? What else does he do well besides hustle all game?

Yeah, he's a baller with a nonstop motor. Great hustle. Suns FO is so f**king stupid!

I was wondering why the let him go... seems like a great backup behind Ayton
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by sacniner:
The Kings acquired Rashuan Holmes... I am super pumped about this kid. He impressed against the Kings a few times last year. Seems like an all energy, all the time guy (opposite of Cauley-Stein).

Can you guys provide some insight? Did you like this kid? What else does he do well besides hustle all game?


That is pretty much it. Dude hustles, fights for rebounds, makes the high effort plays, has some decent range, great locker room guy.

Thanks... that is the role we need from him in Sacramento...
Y'all need a thread name change. It's not Suns, it's Sans.

[ Edited by JustinMT on Jul 8, 2019 at 10:18 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by sacniner:
The Kings acquired Rashuan Holmes... I am super pumped about this kid. He impressed against the Kings a few times last year. Seems like an all energy, all the time guy (opposite of Cauley-Stein).

Can you guys provide some insight? Did you like this kid? What else does he do well besides hustle all game?

Yeah, he's a baller with a nonstop motor. Great hustle. Suns FO is so f**king stupid!

I was wondering why the let him go... seems like a great backup behind Ayton

The Suns cant get anything right so Holmes will probably end up having a decent year. He'll undoubtedly make the Suns look stupid for replacing him with a more expensive Baynes. Everyone makes the Suns look stupid so that's not saying much though unfortunately.
Originally posted by walker807:
The Suns cant get anything right so Holmes will probably end up having a decent year. He'll undoubtedly make the Suns look stupid for replacing him with a more expensive Baynes. Everyone makes the Suns look stupid so that's not saying much though unfortunately.



I don't have any issue with the addition of Baynes. Jones hinted that an issue with Holmes was that he was going easy on Ayton in practice since they were buddies. Ayton needs someone that will be on his ass constantly, pushing him, pressuring, have him be less f**king soft. If they can accomplish that by bringing in a veteran bulldog like Baynes, I am down.
Jalen Lecque has been a huge surprise. Raw HS to NBA player that sat out a year, was expected to be a mid 2nd rounder but went undrafted. Its only Summer League but this kid has been ballin.

Ayton on his offseason conditioning:
"I've never worked so hard before in the gym in my life. I've seen these lines so many times it's just, I see them in my regular life now. They beat me to the ground this summer."

On working on his post moves with Mark Bryant this summer:
"He added more to my footwork, added more moves and taught me how to really bang certain smaller bigs and how to use my speed against the bigger guys"

His first impressions playing with Rubio:
"I think he (was) trying to set the tone like, 'Yeah you about to get these passes for the rest of your career.' He would look at the dude in the corner but he's whipping it to me the whole time. I was fumbling a little bit. I had to adjust. 'OK, this is what everybody was talking about.'

"He put us in great spots. He sees every option. Playing against him today, I try to put a little pressure on him to see if he could really… 'I'm under pressure with a big guy on me,' Yeah, he whipped a pass through, [Ayton gives sound effect of the ball whizzing by his head].


"His IQ is pretty high. Just being around that, (he) just wants you to learn more from the game. Because there's so much I can learn."
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Ayton on his offseason conditioning:
"I've never worked so hard before in the gym in my life. I've seen these lines so many times it's just, I see them in my regular life now. They beat me to the ground this summer."

On working on his post moves with Mark Bryant this summer:
"He added more to my footwork, added more moves and taught me how to really bang certain smaller bigs and how to use my speed against the bigger guys"

His first impressions playing with Rubio:
"I think he (was) trying to set the tone like, 'Yeah you about to get these passes for the rest of your career.' He would look at the dude in the corner but he's whipping it to me the whole time. I was fumbling a little bit. I had to adjust. 'OK, this is what everybody was talking about.'

"He put us in great spots. He sees every option. Playing against him today, I try to put a little pressure on him to see if he could really… 'I'm under pressure with a big guy on me,' Yeah, he whipped a pass through, [Ayton gives sound effect of the ball whizzing by his head].


"His IQ is pretty high. Just being around that, (he) just wants you to learn more from the game. Because there's so much I can learn."



Dude needs to get his head right and cool it with the "I dunno, maybe I want to be a power forward?" crap. How about actually trying on defense at center first?
Great article on Jalen Lecque. If he can develop, a lot of teams are gonna feel dumb for passing on him.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2019/10/15/phoenix-suns-rookie-jalen-lecque-reaches-nba-via-high-school-5th-year/3992844002/?fbclid=IwAR1BPOFvjrV7PqsMPKaaCEJyFw0I9fgZFR6FSZ0RXFVPLuK_LwC6_VkYac4

ESPN has Okobo listed as a Small Forward? lolol

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4230550/elie-okobo
Ayton is destined for stardom. He'll be the best center in the NBA (over Embiid) next year.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Ayton is destined for stardom. He'll be the best center in the NBA (over Embiid) next year.

He's got all the physical tools to do it. Next year is an awfully optimistic expectation, though. He's only 21 and still has so much to learn and continue to work on.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Ayton is destined for stardom. He'll be the best center in the NBA (over Embiid) next year.

He's got all the physical tools to do it. Next year is an awfully optimistic expectation, though. He's only 21 and still has so much to learn and continue to work on.

Agreed. He has everything you need physically. Once he realizes that he can dominate most players he faces on both ends of the floor, he will take off. He already looked light years better on the defensive end last night, and put up a double double with no free throw attempts, so I will take that!

It was just fun to watch such a great team effort, and without needing Booker to score 25% of the points. The ball movement and pesky defense is exciting!

Also, Booker's defense on Hield in the second half was eye opening. Let's hope he keeps that up.
I forgot to mention that one of my favorite moments from last night was toward the end of the 4th when they showed the Kings bench and you saw Igor Kokoskov looking despondent, which was basically the same look he had all of last year while doing very little to coach this Suns team into being competitive.
Share 49erswebzone