LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

The 2023-24 All In to Win Phoenix Suns Thread

Triple OT. Win or lose, this is not the same Suns team that was rolling over two weeks ago.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Double OT thriller!

Now triple OT. Would be over long time ago if they could snag an offensive rebound or anyone on the Suns roster showed the slightest ability to defend the pick and roll.
Booker needed to take that last shot, not pass it off with 2 seconds remaining.
Can't fault them for losing this one after the exhausting effort last night. Ayton with another huge game with 26/18. This is what I expected after seeing him put up similar effort in the Summer league, but it took that shouting match with Booker in the locker room to make him comfortable with his place on the team. I really think that confrontation was a blessing in disguise.
Can't fault them for losing this one after the exhausting effort last night. Ayton with another huge game with 26/18. This is what I expected after seeing him put up similar effort in the Summer league, but it took that shouting match with Booker in the locker room to make him comfortable with his place on the team. I really think that confrontation was a blessing in disguise.

He needs to step up his PnR defense, pretty much the entire team does, that might be a flaw in Igor's coaching or system because teams have been bludgeoning them with it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He needs to step up his PnR defense, pretty much the entire team does, that might be a flaw in Igor's coaching or system because teams have been bludgeoning them with it.

Yep, but you can't put 100% of the fault on him when he's the only big down there in the paint. Melton's done an okay job by flashing into the paint and stealing some of those set-ups. It would be nice if we had 1-2 more quality big men (i.e. if Bender could show some damn worth) so that we could play Ayton and Holmes some minutes together.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Dec 23, 2018 at 6:50 PM ]
5 wins in their last 7. Ayton with a great game despite not getting many scoring opportunities. Good to see he was still very much involved defensively and on the glass, and had a key play on the Magic's last possession on getting a hand on the ball and knocking it away from what would have been an easy Vuvevic score.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Dec 26, 2018 at 6:53 PM ]
It's been a really tough homestand with the best teams in the league coming through, but hopefully we get a much needed W tonight against the Sixers.
It's been a really tough homestand with the best teams in the league coming through, but hopefully we get a much needed W tonight against the Sixers.

Suns badly need a PG.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Suns badly need a PG.

Indeed, but we end up in the draft at a spot to draft Zion I don't think we can pass him up, even if Morant is still on the board.

Suns can't breathe on Embiid right now without being called for a foul
8 point game with 4+ to go after being down 30 in the 3rd!
Nice to see Josh Jackson finally playing within himself and being a positive contributor. He's a special talent, but he might be the worst player in the league when he tries to play outside his natural abilities.
Suns need to draft Zion and somehow sign Kemba in FA. I don't think the off-season could get better than that.
Suns need to draft Zion and somehow sign Kemba in FA. I don't think the off-season could get better than that.

Cavs have the top pick as of right now. I think full tank mode need to be activated.
Share 49ersWebzone