There are 129 users in the forums

2014-15 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That was scary as f**k. I was watching 2 things at once and looked over and D-Lo was writhing on the ground in pain. I was like oh Jesus. Then they showed the replay and I was like ok he just hurt his booty. lol

ya lol
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
This was a great post, and you were right. Tuesday, it was already slowing down for him. There was my boy, I'll shut up now and enjoy.

re: Booker - lol. That open palm slap was so cute. I bet he felt really tough after that.

Kobes defense is just brutal. Gambles, awful close outs, leaves our D in terrible spots a lot. Jumper looks good.

Man he looked great on Tuesday. Loved the few times he rebounded and pushed it up the court getting us wide open 3pts in transition. His defense looks surprisingly good too. He's chasing smaller guys around screens and was able to force bigger guys into misses around the basket. I'll be curious to see what his opponents shooting % will be. He's looking rock solid on both ends.
Lakers on NBATV tonight at 7. No word on if D-Lo will play. They're saying a game time decision.
I like this team
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I like this team

It's obvious that we have a lot deeper team than we're used to having. At least if we can stay relatively healthy. The young core is displaying great talent and hopefully the vets can steer them in the right direction. It looks like Kobe is on board with the team ball captain role which is awesome. I can't wait to see what the rotations look like when the games start to count.
It's obvious that we have a lot deeper team than we're used to having. At least if we can stay relatively healthy. The young core is displaying great talent and hopefully the vets can steer them in the right direction. It looks like Kobe is on board with the team ball captain role which is awesome. I can't wait to see what the rotations look like when the games start to count.

We finally have some above average NBA players on the team. Hibbert, Lou, Randle, Kobe, Clarkson are all able to win their respective matchups which is 5 more players that can do that than we had last year. Bass and Swaggy are close to average NBA players too. Jury is still out if Russell. Its great to finally have some good basketball players on the team.

I'm really curious where in the rotation Lou will play. He basically ran the 2nd unit against the Raptors and was the offensive creator for everything, but that meant the ball was in his hands the entire time. I'm curious how he would fit with other ball handlers, because thats the only way he's gonna get more minutes or minutes at the end of games. I want him to get more minutes, but maybe you let him do what he does on the 2nd unit as he did last year for 6th man of the year.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
ESPN has been s**tting on Kobe for awhile now, but they're doing a series on how "To Rebuild the Lakers."

http://football.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13815620/losangeles-lakers-the-kobe-bryant-issue
Originally posted by Arminini:

We finally have some above average NBA players on the team. Hibbert, Lou, Randle, Kobe, Clarkson are all able to win their respective matchups which is 5 more players that can do that than we had last year. Bass and Swaggy are close to average NBA players too. Jury is still out if Russell. Its great to finally have some good basketball players on the team.

I'm really curious where in the rotation Lou will play. He basically ran the 2nd unit against the Raptors and was the offensive creator for everything, but that meant the ball was in his hands the entire time. I'm curious how he would fit with other ball handlers, because thats the only way he's gonna get more minutes or minutes at the end of games. I want him to get more minutes, but maybe you let him do what he does on the 2nd unit as he did last year for 6th man of the year.

Yeah I definitely think he runs the second unit. But with the depth at guard there is, maybe there will be some mixing and matching in the rotation and we'll see a variety of lineups.

Yeah I definitely think he runs the second unit. But with the depth at guard there is, maybe there will be some mixing and matching in the rotation and we'll see a variety of lineups.

Clarckson needs to be with the first unit. I like Russel, but he's not a great athlete, and neither is Kobe anymore. Clarckson / Kobe is a good backcourt duo. And then you have Russel and Williams (since Williams can't pass for s**t), and Williams can be the main scorer of that second unit, which he will do well.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

Clarckson needs to be with the first unit. I like Russel, but he's not a great athlete, and neither is Kobe anymore. Clarckson / Kobe is a good backcourt duo. And then you have Russel and Williams (since Williams can't pass for s**t), and Williams can be the main scorer of that second unit, which he will do well.

I think the starting lineup is Russell clarkson and Kobe at 1 2 3, though.

Well that game was just silly. lol

Sorta like this:

They finally won their first preseason game!! Is that the first in 2-3 years?
Holy s**t! Hello Marcelo Huertas. Very good to see you.
  • Jiks
  • Veteran
Wyoming representing
RYAN KELLY THROW IT DOWN
Share 49erswebzone