There are 121 users in the forums

2014-15 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

  • Jiks
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,596
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Who all did the Jazz have in their 2nd unit rotation before they brought Favors and Hayward back in? I hate not being able to watch games.

Neto
Hood
Ingles
Booker/Lyles
Pleiss

Will share some thoughts in our thread, but this unit needs experience.

As far as LA, you guys may be better than expected. I just can't bring myself to say I like the Lakers, but I like what you guys have done.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Who all did the Jazz have in their 2nd unit rotation before they brought Favors and Hayward back in? I hate not being able to watch games.

Neto
Hood
Ingles
Booker/Lyles
Pleiss

Will share some thoughts in our thread, but this unit needs experience.

As far as LA, you guys may be better than expected. I just can't bring myself to say I like the Lakers, but I like what you guys have done.

Wow....yeah experience needs to be top priority for those guys.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Who all did the Jazz have in their 2nd unit rotation before they brought Favors and Hayward back in? I hate not being able to watch games.

Neto
Hood
Ingles
Booker/Lyles
Pleiss

Will share some thoughts in our thread, but this unit needs experience.

As far as LA, you guys may be better than expected. I just can't bring myself to say I like the Lakers, but I like what you guys have done.

Wow....yeah experience needs to be top priority for those guys.

FWIW, I thought Favors looked great. Gobert is Gobert. But Derek Favors looked much better than I remember him. Not sure if that's because of lack of Jazz ball I follow or if he actually improved.

Looking forward to playing you guys again on Tuesday!
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Who all did the Jazz have in their 2nd unit rotation before they brought Favors and Hayward back in? I hate not being able to watch games.

Neto
Hood
Ingles
Booker/Lyles
Pleiss

Will share some thoughts in our thread, but this unit needs experience.

As far as LA, you guys may be better than expected. I just can't bring myself to say I like the Lakers, but I like what you guys have done.

Wow....yeah experience needs to be top priority for those guys.

FWIW, I thought Favors looked great. Gobert is Gobert. But Derek Favors looked much better than I remember him. Not sure if that's because of lack of Jazz ball I follow or if he actually improved.

Looking forward to playing you guys again on Tuesday!

Favors had a pretty solid year last season.
Guys, I hate to be melodramatic over here, but good lord Randle freaks me out. Guy has the patience of Kwame Brown on the block, and everything just seems so forced when he gets the ball. He's like the anti-Pau. He needs to take 3 deep, deep belly, lung breathes everytime he catches the ball. I know he has played 1 real game in his career, but I mean come on dude relaex. I hope its just rookie jitters, but I'm not encouraged.

D'angelo on the other hand. Smoooooooooooooooooooth like butter. Clarkson is gonna lead our team in scoring MARK IT.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Guys, I hate to be melodramatic over here, but good lord Randle freaks me out. Guy has the patience of Kwame Brown on the block, and everything just seems so forced when he gets the ball. He's like the anti-Pau. He needs to take 3 deep, deep belly, lung breathes everytime he catches the ball. I know he has played 1 real game in his career, but I mean come on dude relaex. I hope its just rookie jitters, but I'm not encouraged.

D'angelo on the other hand. Smoooooooooooooooooooth like butter. Clarkson is gonna lead our team in scoring MARK IT.

I know what you mean, he does seem to rush too much and try to drive from behind the 3 point line a lot as well. He just needs time, the talent is there, and hopefully so is his basketball IQ and mentality.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Guys, I hate to be melodramatic over here, but good lord Randle freaks me out. Guy has the patience of Kwame Brown on the block, and everything just seems so forced when he gets the ball. He's like the anti-Pau. He needs to take 3 deep, deep belly, lung breathes everytime he catches the ball. I know he has played 1 real game in his career, but I mean come on dude relaex. I hope its just rookie jitters, but I'm not encouraged.

D'angelo on the other hand. Smoooooooooooooooooooth like butter. Clarkson is gonna lead our team in scoring MARK IT.

I know what you mean, he does seem to rush too much and try to drive from behind the 3 point line a lot as well. He just needs time, the talent is there, and hopefully so is his basketball IQ and mentality.

I thought the same thing after preseason last year. I thought there would be at least marginal improvement after all the workouts and offseason training with other big men, but he looks the exact same. He plays bball like that guy in the gym that was real sick in NJB that hits your local gym and tries to go 1 on 1 every time and never passes the ball. I will be watching every game very closely to see if he progresses cuz no one was more fired up about this pick than me.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I thought the same thing after preseason last year. I thought there would be at least marginal improvement after all the workouts and offseason training with other big men, but he looks the exact same. He plays bball like that guy in the gym that was real sick in NJB that hits your local gym and tries to go 1 on 1 every time and never passes the ball. I will be watching every game very closely to see if he progresses cuz no one was more fired up about this pick than me.

I can see what youre saying, but I'm not as worried. He looks like a guy thats trying to take advantage of his speed, but doesnt quiet grasp that change of speed is as important as how fast you go. He definitely seemed rushed, but it didnt look like he was out of control. No offensive fouls and just one turnover are encouraging signs for me. He was able to get to threatening spots on the court, and once he understands angles better he'll be able to take full advantage of his speed.

His defense looked good, too. It looked like he was emulating Metta's body position defense (without the ridiculous hands Metta always had). All in all i really liked what i saw, once he slows down a bit i think he'll start finishing those bunnies in the lane and should be on his way to double doubles.
  • Jiks
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,596
Lou Williams was such a great signing.
Metta didn't look half bad last night. I was surprised by how quick he was moving.

Originally posted by Arminini:
I can see what youre saying, but I'm not as worried. He looks like a guy thats trying to take advantage of his speed, but doesnt quiet grasp that change of speed is as important as how fast you go. He definitely seemed rushed, but it didnt look like he was out of control. No offensive fouls and just one turnover are encouraging signs for me. He was able to get to threatening spots on the court, and once he understands angles better he'll be able to take full advantage of his speed.

His defense looked good, too. It looked like he was emulating Metta's body position defense (without the ridiculous hands Metta always had). All in all i really liked what i saw, once he slows down a bit i think he'll start finishing those bunnies in the lane and should be on his way to double doubles.

This was a great post, and you were right. Tuesday, it was already slowing down for him. There was my boy, I'll shut up now and enjoy.

re: Booker - lol. That open palm slap was so cute. I bet he felt really tough after that.

Kobes defense is just brutal. Gambles, awful close outs, leaves our D in terrible spots a lot. Jumper looks good.
There should be no scenario this season that Lou Williams handles the ball on offense. He had one assist over like 30 minutes.
Randle had an awesome game.
That was scary as f**k. I was watching 2 things at once and looked over and D-Lo was writhing on the ground in pain. I was like oh Jesus. Then they showed the replay and I was like ok he just hurt his booty. lol
I thought Hibbert looked pretty good last night
Share 49erswebzone