There are 141 users in the forums

2014-15 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
GameOver, I'm more confident in your Lakers win total than the 49ers one. I have a bet with my friend who is a Chicago Bulls Blogger and the over/under for our bet is 37 wins. I think it'll be close.

Dude, stay faithful. I don't think this Niners team is going to implode and suck massive cock. A lot of it rides on ability to get pressure consistently on the QB, Kap's development, and our OL play though. We'll see...

I didn't say I was losing hope, I was simply mentioning I think this Lakers team can surprise a little more than the 49ers is all.

Fair enough. Hey, with some luck, maybe both these teams surprise!
The Golden State Warriors are finalizing an agreement to hire Steve Nash as a part-time player development consultant.

Nash retired last season with the Los Angeles Lakers and was expected to remain part of their franchise.

Nash is familiar with Steve Kerr and Rick Welts from their time with the Phoenix Suns' organization.

Kind of a bummer...
The Golden State Warriors are finalizing an agreement to hire Steve Nash as a part-time player development consultant.

Nash retired last season with the Los Angeles Lakers and was expected to remain part of their franchise.

Nash is familiar with Steve Kerr and Rick Welts from their time with the Phoenix Suns' organization.

Kind of a bummer...

Not for Nash. He goes to a better orgnaization and he is friends with Kerr and Welts. Perfect situation for him.
Roy Hibbert has lost 14 pounds since the end of last season after consulting with a nutritionist, getting his weight down to 268 pounds.

Hibbert saw how the NBA has become smaller and quicker and he's attempting to adjust.

"I saw how the trend was going with big guys in the NBA with how Golden State won," he said. "I started changing a little bit."

Hibbert agreed to take only $100,000 of his $2.3-million trade kicker so the Los Angeles Lakers could also sign free agents Lou Williams and Brandon Bass.

"In the long run, it was a no-brainer," Hibbert said. "If I were to say I wanted my $2 million and the trade couldn't get done, I would have been back in Indy and wouldn't have gotten that $2 million anyway. I would have had to basically fight an uphill battle just to try and get on the court. Hopefully I can make that [money] up in the long run if I do well."

Love it.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Kind of a bummer...

Not for Nash. He goes to a better orgnaization and he is friends with Kerr and Welts. Perfect situation for him.

But he was talking to us and how it's a bummer he won't be helping our team. You pointing something so obvious is pretty lame.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Kind of a bummer...

But he was talking to us and how it's a bummer he won't be helping our team. You pointing something so obvious is pretty lame.

True. I guess it is obvious that he is going to a much better organization and that its perfect for him. Silly me.

Kind of a bummer...

True. I guess it is obvious that he is going to a much better organization and that its perfect for him. Silly me.

He's going to an organization that is currently more successful. Not a better organization. The better organization is the one that is the most successful sports franchise in modern sports history. The one that didn't take 4 decades off between title runs. The one that's been in the Finals almost half the years they've been in the league. You should know. The team that you jumped on the bandwagon back in the 80's.

Kind of a bummer...

He's going to an organization that is currently more successful. Not a better organization. The better organization is the one that is the most successful sports franchise in modern sports history. The one that didn't take 4 decades off between title runs. The one that's been in the Finals almost half the years they've been in the league. You should know. The team that you jumped on the bandwagon back in the 80's.

You are clueless about me and how long I have been a fan so just stop. I promise you that I have been a fan of the Warriors longer than you have been a fan of the Lakers.

They are a better organization TODAY. I DGAF what happened in the 80s or when Jerry Buss was alive. The Lakers were the better organization then - but not in 2015. Jimmy and Jeannie Buss are clueless . They went from a first class organization to one where no one wants to go. We are talking about NOW and not the past 4 decades.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Sep 17, 2015 at 1:32 PM ]

Kind of a bummer...

You are clueless about me and how long I have been a fan so just stop. I promise you that I have been a fan of the Warriors longer than you have been a fan of the Lakers.

They are a better organization TODAY. I DGAF what happened in the 80s or when Jerry Buss was alive. The Lakers were the better organization then - but not in 2015. Jimmy and Jeannie Buss are clueless .

You keep talking about Kareem and Magic. Those were the good old days when the Lakers really were relevant.

Your comment about me being clueless is vile and has no place on this website. I'd appreciate you being a little more respectful to others. And yes, I am aware that your combined time as a warriors fan is greater than my time as a Lakers fan. You're like 25 years older than me. Even the decade you abandoned the warriors and jumped jumped on the Lakers bandwagon would still put you ahead of me with our respective fandoms. I'm not even 40. Pointing out such a fact is as pointless as your initial post. But I know that you were just trying to incite the fans of this thread. It's what you do. You should change your ways as this site is trying to eliminate posters with a vile agenda like you.

Even more proof of this is your little edit, which made absolutely no sense at all and had no relevance to this conversation. It's unfortunate this website has to deal with posters with such a vile agenda like you.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Sep 17, 2015 at 1:34 PM ]

Kind of a bummer...

They are a better organization TODAY. I DGAF what happened in the 80s or when Jerry Buss was alive. The Lakers were the better organization then - but not in 2015. Jimmy and Jeannie Buss are clueless .

You keep talking about Kareem and Magic. Those were the good old days when the Lakers really were relevant.

Your comment about me being clueless is vile and has no place on this website. I'd appreciate you being a little more respectful to others. And yes, I am aware that your combined time as a warriors fan is greater than my time as a Lakers fan. You're like 25 years older than me. Even the decade you abandoned the warriors and jumped jumped on the Lakers bandwagon would still put you ahead of me with our respective fandoms. I'm not even 40. Pointing out such a fact is as pointless as your initial post. But I know that you were just trying to incite the fans of this thread. It's what you do. You should change your ways as this site is trying to eliminate posters with a vile agenda like you.

LOL I said you were clueless when it comes to me and how long I have been a fan. Which is true. You are also clueless about me when you state that I ever abandoned the Warriors and would root for the hated Lakers. Simply not the case and you know that. I have disliked the Lakers my entire life even when my good friend was an assistant coach for them. I respected their greatness but always rooted against them.

• kray28
  • Veteran

Kind of a bummer...

In my mind, Steve Nash was never really a Laker. We paid him a lot of money for basically nothing, and he made sure to collect every cent.
The Lakers just signed Magic Johnson's son...
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

?
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

?

Pretty sure it was some kind of gay joke.
A bunch of the Lakers went paint balling. Looks like most of the young guys.

Share 49erswebzone