There are 153 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by Garce:
If a pitcher hits someone in the face, neck or head it should be an auto ejection. The whole warning both teams for hitting a guy in the head is retarded and makes no sense.

Seriously? LOL You must think that pitchers are robots and can throw the ball wherever they want without any error. Pitchers dont just aim right down the middle because they know those pitches get killed. They have to mix locations which includes up and in. And with that there will be guys who get hit even those its totally accidental.

I totally agree with those who think this idea is stupid.
Originally posted by jrg:
I know he likely won't...but.......

He should come back
I know he likely won't...but.......

One day contract.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
One last dance. Pujols/Yadi/Waino.

Would legit bring me to tears.
[ Edited by jrg on May 7, 2021 at 4:12 AM ]
Imagine the level of spamming this thread would get then. Please God, no!

All those dudes are just wastes of roster spots at this point
Originally posted by valrod33:

Pujols certainly is. However, Molina can still play when he is healthy.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Tigers should have dumped Cabrera years ago and kept JD Martinez.
smdh
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Pujols certainly is. However, Molina can still play when he is healthy.

Yup, 50 yr old Albert just needs to retire.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Nope.

Bring him home.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Seriously? LOL You must think that pitchers are robots and can throw the ball wherever they want without any error. Pitchers dont just aim right down the middle because they know those pitches get killed. They have to mix locations which includes up and in. And with that there will be guys who get hit even those its totally accidental.

Here's why it makes sense

Flaherty hits India in the head. (Second headshot for StL this year) and they discuss and give warnings to both sides... because they don't want retaliation.

It's lose lose for the team getting hit in the head because they potentially have a hurt player, can't do anything about it, and if they make a mistake an hit a batter THEY get ejected. It's just unnecessary.

Headshot, ejection, no warnings. Simplify the process. You protect more players this way by removing the need for retaliation.
[ Edited by Garce on May 8, 2021 at 11:14 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Amazing video. Surprising that this isn't being talked about more.

The accusation is rampant cheating by pitchers across baseball.

Pitchers using foreign substances to increase spin rate. 300 rpm spin rate increase is more affective than adding 10 mph to your fastball.

[ Edited by Garce on May 9, 2021 at 8:13 AM ]

Flaherty hits India in the head. (Second headshot for StL this year) and they discuss and give warnings to both sides... because they don't want retaliation.

It's lose lose for the team getting hit in the head because they potentially have a hurt player, can't do anything about it, and if they make a mistake an hit a batter THEY get ejected. It's just unnecessary.

Headshot, ejection, no warnings. Simplify the process. You protect more players this way by removing the need for retaliation.

Very, VERY rarely does a team retaliate by throwing at a batters head. Its not the 1950's. The D-Backs throwing at Greinke's head in the Dodger/AZ brawl is the last time I can think of that even happening.

The modern game is loaded with more hard throwing pitchers than ever, who are rushed up to be part of big league bullpens before they are able to learn the art of pitching. If you eject every pitcher who loses grip on the ball and hits someone up and in, the product will suffer. Especially if its the starting pitcher.

Making it an automatic ejection takes away the pitchers ability to risk throwing to the inside part of the plate. It's totally unnecessary, which is why it'll never happen.

It doesnt.
Share 49ersWebzone