LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
All good. Do me a favor and check the last time these teams have met in the playoffs though.

Im sure its fantastic and Kershaw in the playoffs has not boded well... its clear he's a man on a mission - I'm kind of being a homer that they wont make the world series but in all likely hood Kershaw and Greinke will carry them probably to a title, the way they are pitching this year.
Don't know why people arent giving Wainwright a chance.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Happens every year. Cards are a mid west team who always seems to be cast aside for a sexier big market or huge under dog team. You'd think having the second most world series titles in MLB would get them a little more love. In their last 4 appearances they were basically discounted yet they went 2-2 (f*cking Red Sox )
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Happens every year. Cards are a mid west team who always seems to be cast aside for a sexier big market or huge under dog team. You'd think having the second most world series titles in MLB would get them a little more love. In their last 4 appearances they were basically discounted yet they went 2-2 (f*cking Red Sox )

I dont think anyone discounts the cardinals. Every baseball fan knows its a great baseball team/city. Outside NY and Boston, St. Louis is as big a baseball TV draw as any team, if not more. And what you are saying about the midwest, every team says that. Go back to 2010 and 2012, giants and their fans got no love. We all cried about it, other teams fans laughed at us for feeling that way. Then when it happens to your team, its real. Funny how that works.

And Wainwright is a boss. But if you go against Kershaw, what do you expect? Its not a slap in the face to Wainwright, its the recognition that kershaw is the best pitcher in the game. (now he needs to prove it in the playoffs - which he hasnt)
I have like no confidence in the Giants, but let's get em G Men! I honestly just hope that all the series go game 5 in the LDS and 7 in the LCS and World Series. Nats/Tigers or Angels has to be by far the most exciting matchup. Nats would pitch circles around the Angels though.
Dream Weaver is gonna prove all you mucka luckas wrong!

#WeBeweave
#Halos
#suckmydick
Giants gonna shock the world again!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Detroit Tigers ‏@tigers 13m13 minutes ago #Tigers announce starting rotation for ALDS: Game 1: @Max_Scherzer Game 2: @JustinVerlander Game 3: @DAVIDprice14 Game 4: @RickPorcello

BRING IT
Originally posted by SoCold:
Detroit Tigers ‏@tigers 13m13 minutes ago #Tigers announce starting rotation for ALDS: Game 1: @Max_Scherzer Game 2: @JustinVerlander Game 3: @DAVIDprice14 Game 4: @RickPorcello

BRING IT

I wonder if verlander still gets s**t for that booty pic with upton
Originally posted by marshulk:
Dream Weaver is gonna prove all you mucka luckas wrong!

#WeBeweave
#Halos
#suckmydick

I would like the Angels if Richards was healthy. I just dont trust the stuff of Weaver and Wilson to win 3 series in a row.

BRING IT

Bring what? Snow? f**k that cold ass s**thole city.

BEWM

Go Giants. Also, will be posting in the Giants thread during the postseason, as usual.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

BRING IT

BEWM

Go Giants. Also, will be posting in the Giants thread during the postseason, as usual.

lol what a bunch of women

gotta stick to your thread with all your buddies

BRING IT

BEWM

I thought about using this thread, then I remembered we refused in 2010. We also refused in 2012. It seemed to work. Call it suspicion, call it homerism, but the heart wants what the heart wants.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

BRING IT

BEWM

I thought about using this thread, then I remembered we refused in 2010. We also refused in 2012. It seemed to work. Call it suspicion, call it homerism, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

haha whatever
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone