LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
I give the Rangers credit for not being cheap, It may not work out for us but at least they are going a different route than what they usually do.

Well, they've gone the spending route before, and it hasn't worked out. But don't worry man, as an Angels fan I know all about spending money on hitters and saying f**k pitching...

Rangers fans will end up hating this Seager contract as much as the A-Rod one. If he can't stay healthy in his 20's hes not going to magically become reliable in his 30's.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
I give the Rangers credit for not being cheap, It may not work out for us but at least they are going a different route than what they usually do.

Well, they've gone the spending route before, and it hasn't worked out. But don't worry man, as an Angels fan I know all about spending money on hitters and saying f**k pitching...

Rangers fans will end up hating this Seager contract as much as the A-Rod one. If he can't stay healthy in his 20's hes not going to magically become reliable in his 30's.

Ya the injury part of it should be really concerning.
I will take getting above .500 as a win with those contracts.
Clint Frazier to the Cubs
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Clint Frazier to the Cubs

I wanted him then I read about his concussion issues. Reminded me of Matheny.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I guess MLB used two different baseballs and didn't tell anyone
Originally posted by Garce:
I guess MLB used two different baseballs and didn't tell anyone

Now that they own Rawlings they're going to pull a ton of stunts and experiments to control the amount of offense that is generated. They'll condemn the PED users for trying to hit more HR, but then secretly juice the balls to get the same outcome. Such hypocrisy.
What are the ramifications of this lockout? Will there be new rules regarding contracts, free agents, DH? What exactly is going on?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
What are the ramifications of this lockout? Will there be new rules regarding contracts, free agents, DH? What exactly is going on?

They have to hash all that out.

MLB will lose fans over this. The number of fans will depend on several factors.

I understand there is a transaction freeze during the lockout but can you negotiate with free agents and sign upon the lockout being resolved?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
A very sad and frustrating
I understand there is a transaction freeze during the lockout but can you negotiate with free agents and sign upon the lockout being resolved?

you mean some under the table recruiting? Oh yes people talk, but it's on the DL of course. Basically no you cannot normally negotiate with FA's , but agents and team reps do backdoor talking during these times. Think of it like the black market. MLB is not birddogging cellphones and text conversations.
This commish is dumb in my opinion. He writes this letter the day of the lockout that starts with "I am disappointed". Reality is I am the one disappointed as a fan in this commish. When the commish says he's disappointed that's a shot at the players, which in turn makes it harder for them to really be eager to come to the negotiating table. All actions of a smart commish would be to guide the two sides toward a resolution with no missed games.
Jomboy is watching cricket now

Share 49ersWebzone