LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by jrg:

Dude is just the QB of this play

lol the Platinum Glove, aka "The name recognition award".
  • jrg
  • Veteran
It's hilarious to me how much these things bug some of you
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Record most Gold Gloves: "BUT ITS NOT THE FIELDING BIBLE!"

Platinum Award: "LOL NAME RECOGNITION AWARD!"

[ Edited by jrg on Nov 16, 2021 at 9:50 PM ]
Record most Gold Gloves: "BUT ITS NOT THE FIELDING BIBLE!"

Platinum Award: "LOL NAME RECOGNITION AWARD!"

The gold glove and platinum glove don't award the best defensive players. They award the guys with that reputation who haven't had any noticeable drop off. Its been well known for years that the voters factor hitting into their choices, which obviously makes no sense.

The Fielding Bible actually awards the players with the best defensive metrics. Ke'Bryan Hayes was the best defensive 3B this year. So Arenado winning the platinum glove when he wasn't even the best 3B is amusing.
Here we go

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Here we go

How come the Japanese league gets all the best team names? The Carp vs. The Ham Fighters. We just can't compete against that. Here we just name ourselves the color of our socks.

Awards are a big deal. They may not seem like they are, but they are incredibly important in telling the story of a sport. Legacies are built upon them. When you and have long since passed away, people are going to use a list of awards and accolades as a way of learning the history of the sport. When huge mistakes are made, they affect a lot of how things are judged.

That is why I am always very passionate about awards being given to deserving winners.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Awards are a big deal. They may not seem like they are, but they are incredibly important in telling the story of a sport. Legacies are built upon them. When you and have long since passed away, people are going to use a list of awards and accolades as a way of learning the history of the sport. When huge mistakes are made, they affect a lot of how things are judged.

That is why I am always very passionate about awards being given to deserving winners.

Well said.
Bryce Harper NL MVP

100% agreed. Especially for players on west coast teams, who are often overlooked because less people see them play. I hate when the wrong player wins an award.

Originally posted by Niners99:

100% agreed. Especially for players on west coast teams, who are often overlooked because less people see them play. I hate when the wrong player wins an award.

Heyyyyy Ohtani has really come a long way from that first Spring Training amirite?!?!?!?!?
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Nov 19, 2021 at 5:28 AM ]
BPIB!!!

That sucks. Dude was one of my favorite players when I first started getting into baseball. I got to watch him play his final two seasons for the A's.
lol the Mets gave Scherzer 3 yrs, 130 mil. The spending spree never works, but they keep doing it.
Rangers trying to buy a World Series huh??? Seager and Semien ? Meh
Share 49ersWebzone