LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

This astros pitcher is gimmicky as s**t.

pulling for the Braves due to those 80s-90s TBS days.
Originally posted by jrg:
"Now coming out of the arm barn, is Atlanta's closer Will Smith"

PETA

You'd think someone at PETA would have some common sense... I guess not!
Originally posted by TheChozen:
"Now coming out of the arm barn, is Atlanta's closer Will Smith"

PETA

You'd think someone at PETA would have some common sense... I guess not!

Its a free publicity stunt. There's a reason they made this statement during the World Series. Everything they say is BS.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Rooting for the Braves to win this World Series - but they seriously need to get rid of the dumb tomahawk chop. Looks ridiculous and I am sure kind of insulting to some.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Rooting for the Braves to win this World Series - but they seriously need to get rid of the dumb tomahawk chop. Looks ridiculous and I am sure kind of insulting to some.

The Braves have developed a close relationship with the local tribes over the years and have their blessing on the name and even the chop, so I don't see anything changing unless corporate sponsors start dropping out en masse.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

The Braves have developed a close relationship with the local tribes over the years and have their blessing on the name and even the chop, so I don't see anything changing unless corporate sponsors start dropping out en masse.

I know a few ppl from local tribes (Nevada) and they have a different opinion on it as expected. Only a matter of time.

I know a few ppl from local tribes (Nevada) and they have a different opinion on it as expected. Only a matter of time.

If they have a partnership with the tribes local to Georgia, thats all that matters. If those tribes say they like it, corporate sponsors will be fine with it, and everything will stay the same.
Beat the Asterisks!
Braves in 5
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

If they have a partnership with the tribes local to Georgia, thats all that matters. If those tribes say they like it, corporate sponsors will be fine with it, and everything will stay the same.

I mean - they already had to change their logo from some caps this past decade. I think the name is fine - but just my personal opinion that tomahawk chop will be gone sooner than later.

Pretty much

• jrg
  • Veteran
Definitely didn't expect a Posey retirement announcement today.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by floridaMan:
This astros pitcher is gimmicky as s**t.

pulling for the Braves due to those 80s-90s TBS days.

ONE effing channel @ the podunk little school my dad worked for in far N cali...

It was TBS.

Going to work with him, I watched so many braves games over the years...lots of Murphy bombs.
Definitely didn't expect a Posey retirement announcement today.

Its a sad day.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Is this good? Did they break it?

BEST DEFENSE IN BASEBALL
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 7, 2021 at 6:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone