LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I wouldnt bet on it. Not in Pittsburgh

No offense, but I think Pittsburgh wins as well. They've been playing great ball and are insane at home. Scared the hell out of me. Thought they'd fly past the Cardinals for the division.

No offense taken at all. Pitt has been great at home and has to be the favorite in the game.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
The one time I get any attention on this board after 9 years is because John thinks I'm rob. Although I will admit my last post in the MLB Regular Season thread was rob like, but that's only because I copied it from ESPN.com! Thanks for clearing all that up though James and Pete! lol

Kinda regretting the name change now.

Sorry. Yes that name change messed me up. But. a couple of posts lately have been Rob like.

Fair enough although lazy has been guilty of that too! lol Won't happen again though!
Lol John, he has been posting here before you came around man.

Probably not. Ninerjohn isnt my original name. I joined about 05-06 originally and then left for a year or 2. Cant remember exactly and my name lapsed. Came back in 08

Same thing happened to me. I joined the boards in 2004 and had my Niners98 username lapse.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Royals/Cardinals WS

Two of the most underrated fan bases in the league going head to head. That would be intense!

?
St Louis is always in the top 5 in attendance
KC is always in the bottom 5
Cardinals have a strong fan base KC cares more about BBQ than baseball

KC is a good story making the playoffs for the first time in 29 years but I don't think either them or the A's can beat the Angels

Usually the teams with the best records don't make the WS but Washington and Baltimore are hot as hell and they are playing awesome ball all the way around

I think the Tigers have a good shot but they have to score runs. The starters look to be clicking at the right time but their bullpen has been crap all year and I don't see them pulling out close games against Baltimore.
Ill be rooting for the Angels and Nationals. Id like to see one of them win it
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Royals/Cardinals WS

Two of the most underrated fan bases in the league going head to head. That would be intense!

?
St Louis is always in the top 5 in attendance
KC is always in the bottom 5
Cardinals have a strong fan base KC cares more about BBQ than baseball

KC is a good story making the playoffs for the first time in 29 years but I don't think either them or the A's can beat the Angels

Usually the teams with the best records don't make the WS but Washington and Baltimore are hot as hell and they are playing awesome ball all the way around

I think the Tigers have a good shot but they have to score runs. The starters look to be clicking at the right time but their bullpen has been crap all year and I don't see them pulling out close games against Baltimore.

Haha yeah St. Louis is known for their fans

• jrg
  • Veteran
Non-homer pick has Dodgers/Angels in the WS.

I think that'd be a great matchup.

Total homer pick is Cardinals/Angels

Pujols returns
[ Edited by jrg on Sep 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM ]
Well I just meant in terms of how the rest of the country sees them. No one really pays attention to the Midwest all that much compared to the West and East coast teams so it'll be nice to have them represent that area together.

lol. They have good fans, but that chart doesnt account for the number of seats. If two stadiums sell out every game, and one has more seats, guess who had more attendance? Mind bottling.
I'm gonna go with the Giants/Angels in the WS although I wouldn't mind seeing the Nationals/O's either.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

lol. They have good fans, but that chart doesnt account for the number of seats. If two stadiums sell out every game, and one has more seats, guess who had more attendance? Mind bottling.

isn't that what the % is based on? how i grouped it? dodgers finished 1st overall, but they have a ridiculously large stadium
isn't that what the % is based on? how i grouped it? dodgers finished 1st overall, but they have a ridiculously large stadium

I dont think so. Maybe, but they are reporting pure #s from highest to lowest. All the teams at the top sell out every game. Not sure how you can seperate if they all sell out.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I dont think so. Maybe, but they are reporting pure #s from highest to lowest. All the teams at the top sell out every game. Not sure how you can seperate if they all sell out.

yeah, i just think its percentage of seats sold. dodgers had a higher attendance than both STL/SF, but you'd have to imagine both of those teams would have a higher attendance if they had the amount of seats the dodgers have to work with

yeah, i just think its percentage of seats sold. dodgers had a higher attendance than both STL/SF, but you'd have to imagine both of those teams would have a higher attendance if they had the amount of seats the dodgers have to work with

f**k THE DODGERS.

Also, are my picks

G's upset Pirates Weds to face Nats. They lose to Nats

Nats take the NL. They are ready.

Angels take the AL.

Angels Nats WS. My traffic will be f**ked and tourists everywhere.

Angels win the series. Trout is the WS MVP and solidifies himself as the best player in all of baseball. St. Louis fans will still believe its Yadier though.
Or my homer version:

G's upset the Pirates. G's upset the Nats. G's beat the dodgers. G's to the WS because its an even year.

Angels win the AL.

G's and Angels 2002 rematch except this time....NO DUSTY BAKER TO f**k IT UP.

G's win the WS in 5. Pence is the MVP because he is awesome. Trout still the best player in baseball, except to Cards fans who think its Yadier.
Share 49ersWebzone