BLACK FRIDAY SALE: 30% off at the official 49ers online store with code 30YARDS →

There are 89 users in the forums

***2020 MLB Offseason Thread***

There any chance Bauer doesn't win NL CY YOUNG ?
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Reinsdorf making a stupid mistake? No, never.

When the rest of the league is zigging with young, modern strategy, you zag with outdated, old strategy? Only way I can make sense of it. I cant imagine why a 76 year old LaRussa, who has accomplished everything he wanted, would want to enter a modern game he has no experience with and deal with Covid protocol. I bet Bruce Bochy was thrilled that he retired when he did. This year was such a waste of time.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Reinsdorf making a stupid mistake? No, never.

When the rest of the league is zigging with young, modern strategy, you zag with outdated, old strategy? Only way I can make sense of it. I cant imagine why a 76 year old LaRussa, who has accomplished everything he wanted, would want to enter a modern game he has no experience with and deal with Covid protocol. I bet Bruce Bochy was thrilled that he retired when he did. This year was such a waste of time.
What's funny is they fired a guy who wasn't all in on analytics and then bring in a guy who's almost 80. It's ridiculous although now I want someone to hire Jack McKeon.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Love Tony LaRussa...favorite manager ever...basically grew up w/ him at the helm w/ STL....but I don't think he fits that White Sox team at all. Hes a stern, by the book kinda guy. They have a ton of personalities on that team. Gonna be interesting to see how they work together.
Originally posted by jrg:
Love Tony LaRussa...favorite manager ever...basically grew up w/ him at the helm w/ STL....but I don't think he fits that White Sox team at all. Hes a stern, by the book kinda guy. They have a ton of personalities on that team. Gonna be interesting to see how they work together.

I met him at my friends opera performance a few years back. Super nice guy. However I don't understand him coming back. Has any HOFer ever come back??
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:

I met him at my friends opera performance a few years back. Super nice guy. However I don't understand him coming back. Has any HOFer ever come back??

Connie Mack I believe.
wonder if we are going to get to the point of no managers if it's all analytic based. Fielding spots, lineups, decisions, it won't matter who the manager is. So why even have one
Red Sox have rehired Alex Cora to be their manager? How in the hell is that okay?

Connie Mack I believe.
Bochy is going to come back too
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Connie Mack I believe.
Bochy is going to come back too

Why would he? He should take 2020 as a sign.

Red Sox have rehired Alex Cora to be their manager? How in the hell is that okay?

I know it's f*cked up for real.

ehhhhhh
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

ehhhhhh

I didn't care about baseball so much this year that I have zero idea who that is
Alec Bohm bats .338 and doesnt win lol
Tony La Russa charged with a DUI.
Share 49erswebzone