LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
He doesnt suck. He just has a ridiculous HOF case that is built up mostly with feelings and emotions rather than stats.

Said nobody ever other than butthurt Giants fans who are mad their golden boy Buster Posey is nothing more than mediocre garbage anymore. Same applies to 99% of their roster.

My golden boy gave my team 3 titles. If he never plays another inning, there isn't a single shred of bitterness.

If Molina gets in the HOF, he will statistically be one of the worst players to be enshrined. Like I said, his HOF case is built on narratives and emotional feelings.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Cintron is a f**king P*SSY
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Cards suck.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

That Astros coach should be suspended for the season. He instigated it and stepped onto the field.
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

That Astros coach should be suspended for the season. He instigated it and stepped onto the field.

Then cowered when Laureano went after him..,after he talked s**t and motioned for him to come to him
My golden boy gave my team 3 titles. If he never plays another inning, there isn't a single shred of bitterness.

If Molina gets in the HOF, he will statistically be one of the worst players to be enshrined. Like I said, his HOF case is built on narratives and emotional feelings.

His defense is elite. His offense is good, not great. If he was a different position, he wouldn't get in. As a catcher, he will get in. I'm probably ok with that. But they need to be consistent with all positions in voting.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

His defense is elite. His offense is good, not great. If he was a different position, he wouldn't get in. As a catcher, he will get in. I'm probably ok with that. But they need to be consistent with all positions in voting.

I was just messing with jrg, but I think he should be in.

Catcher is just a different position. Look at the numbers of some of the best catchers that got in. 390 is like the most HRs, by Piazza. You have 4 Catchers in MLB history who hit more than 300 HRs. That's really bad...

So that position is obviously more about the defense than it is offense. Yadier has been one of the best defensive catchers of this generation, and that should be rewarded.

Another reason why I want to see that position rewarded is because of the talent involved in it. Too many players these days just don't want to play catcher for so many reasons. At least reward the guys who do did it with longevity and did it well.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Aug 10, 2020 at 5:10 PM ]

Classy Francesca. He's such a cesspool.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Aug 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Catcher is just a different position. Look at the numbers of some of the best catchers that got in. 390 is like the most HRs, by Piazza. You have 4 Catchers in MLB history who hit more than 300 HRs. That's really bad...

So that position is obviously more about the defense than it is offense. Yadier has been one of the best defensive catchers of this generation, and that should be rewarded.

Another reason why I want to see that position rewarded is because of the talent involved in it. Too many players these days just don't want to play catcher for so many reasons. At least reward the guys who do did it with longevity and did it well.

Very fair take.

Very fair take.

That should be on my tombstone, tbh.

Very fair take.

That should be on my tombstone, tbh.

If you add sometimes or even most of the time, Id agree!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Cards making the team drive rental cars from St Louis to Chicago. lol
Originally posted by jrg:
Said nobody ever other than butthurt Giants fans who are mad their golden boy Buster Posey is nothing more than mediocre garbage anymore. Same applies to 99% of their roster.

• jrg
  • Veteran
The St. Louis Cardinals have not lost a baseball game since July 29th.

Because, of course, they are the BTIB.
Share 49ersWebzone