LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
John are you of the belief that Omar Vizquel should be a Hall of Famer? Based on what you said above, I am guessing no.
I would say no to Omar but its much closer to me than Baines. He made only 3 All Star teams in his MANY years in baseball and was never an MVP candidate. His defense was obviously great and he was recognized for that with 11 Gold Glove Awards. At a premium spot for defense that is hard to ignore. But Ozzie Smith he wasnt and overall just not enough for me to put him in.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
John are you of the belief that Omar Vizquel should be a Hall of Famer? Based on what you said above, I am guessing no.
I would say no to Omar but its much closer to me than Baines. He made only 3 All Star teams in his MANY years in baseball and was never an MVP candidate. His defense was obviously great and he was recognized for that with 11 Gold Glove Awards. At a premium spot for defense that is hard to ignore. But Ozzie Smith he wasnt and overall just not enough for me to put him in.

I think defense has a spot in the hof. If you win 10+ gold gloves and you have an decent bat, you should be a hofer.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I think defense has a spot in the hof. If you win 10+ gold gloves and you have an decent bat, you should be a hofer.

agreed

Keith Hernandez won 11 Gold Glove Awards, an MVP, a batting title, was an All Star 5 times, and a key member of 2 World Series winners. Should he be in the HOF? Because, if you want to put Omar in then Hernandez should be in as well. Much better hitter in his prime and probably the best defensive 1B of all time. To me he has a better case for induction that Vizquel.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 23, 2019 at 9:04 PM ]

Keith Hernandez won 11 Gold Glove Awards, an MVP, a batting title, was an All Star 5 times, and a key member of 2 World Series winners. Should he be in the HOF? Because, if you want to put Omar in then Hernandez should be in as well. Much better hitter in his prime and probably the best defensive 1B of all time. To me he has a better case for induction that Vizquel.
That was an insane day of basebal all things considered.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Finally, WTIBB
  • jrg
  • Veteran
0.5 GB
  • jrg
  • Veteran
To save the game

Originally posted by jrg:
To save the game

lol he didnt need to dive

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
To save the game

But then it wouldn't be #SCtop10
To save the game

the kid in LF who runs in celebrating is the kid that lived with me years ago. member you member

Ya i believe Keith should be in the hof as well. I think hes better than some current guys who are in the hof just bc they played a long time.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
To save the game

the kid in LF who runs in celebrating is the kid that lived with me years ago. member you member

My kids got his autograph when he played for the Isotopes
Originally posted by Knowledge:

[ Edited by Knowledge on Jul 25, 2019 at 1:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone