LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by jrg:
The Bryant/Yadi stuff I love though. Apparently Kris already apologized via text to Dex.

A guy with neck tattoos got aggressive over a joke that had nothing to do with him? Theres a shocker.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:
The Bryant/Yadi stuff I love though. Apparently Kris already apologized via text to Dex.

A guy with neck tattoos got aggressive over a joke that had nothing to do with him? Theres a shocker.

Nice try
Ichiro signs a 1 year minor league deal with the Mariners. Sounds like hes just going to play their first 2 games at the Tokyo Dome and then retire officially.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 23, 2019 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Mariano Rivera, Edgar Martinez, Roy Halladay and Mike Mussina are joining the Hall of Fame.

Lol, the HOF is a joke. Only person on that list that is deserving is Rivera IMHO.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jan 23, 2019 at 11:02 AM ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Mariano Rivera, Edgar Martinez, Roy Halladay and Mike Mussina are joining the Hall of Fame.

Lol, the HOF is a joke. Only person on that list that is deserving is Rivera IMHO.

You dont think Roy Halladay is worthy of the Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knowledge:

I think all 4 did. Edgar being judged for being a DH is silly and Mussina was one of the most consistently good pitchers throughout his career and had 270 wins. All great players and all deserving.
I think Edgar is the least deserving of the group.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I think Edgar is the least deserving of the group.

I dont understand why Jeff Kent gets so little consideration. Hes the greatest power hitting 2B ever.

No, I don't. HOF should be for the best of the best, not the relatively consistent. Tim Lincecum has just as many Cy Young's and 3 WS championships and I don't think he'd belong either.

No, I don't. HOF should be for the best of the best, not the relatively consistent. Tim Lincecum has just as many Cy Young's and 3 WS championships and I don't think he'd belong either.

Halladay has almost 100 more wins. He had a 10 year stretch where he was 170-75 with a 2.97era 2 CY Youngs a perfect game and a no hitter in the playoffs. Thats the Best of the Best
dOriginally posted by itlynstalyn:

Where do you stand on the steroid users then? Especially the guys who were locks for the HOF before they started doping?
dOriginally posted by itlynstalyn:

Where do you stand on the steroid users then? Especially the guys who were locks for the HOF before they started doping?

Case by case basis for me. Bonds and Clemens should be in, Schilling probably if they're letting Halladay in.
Halladay has almost 100 more wins. He had a 10 year stretch where he was 170-75 with a 2.97era 2 CY Youngs a perfect game and a no hitter in the playoffs. Thats the Best of the Best

See this is what really bothers me though. We glorify Halladay's 10 year stretch (and rightfully so), but refuse to acknowledge that Andruw Jones was one of the best players in baseball for close to a decade.

Lol, no it isn't.

Andy Pettite has 53 more career wins than Halladay, 5x WS winner and an ALCS MVP and he's not even close to being in. It's all subjective, Halladay wasn't even close to the best pitcher of his era.
Share 49ersWebzone