There are 205 users in the forums

***Official San Jose Sharks 2017-18 Season Thread ***

Originally posted by thl408:
I hope you're right. Meier and Donskoi will also require a raise. It's going to take some unselfishness from Pavs and Karlsson to make it work. I hope Karlsson likes the lockerroom and small market environment of San Jose. It's gonna get tight (the cap).

It will be tight but Doug Wilson has made it happen before. I am hopeful it isn't just a one year rental which wouldn't kill us given what we gave up. But letting a talent like Karlsson go in FA would be a pretty bad hit. I am confident that Doug Wilson did the trade with the expectation of resigning Karlsson. But the PP should be really good this year, not to mention the defense will be insane. Go Sharks / 49ers / Warriors / Athletics!!!
I am not a hockey guy by any means. I am the kind of hockey fan that you guys make fun of.

But I did find it crazy that the Sharks Stanley Cup odds went from 20-1 to 12-1 simply because of this trade. So I guess this guy is a stud huh? lol
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I am not a hockey guy by any means. I am the kind of hockey fan that you guys make fun of.

But I did find it crazy that the Sharks Stanley Cup odds went from 20-1 to 12-1 simply because of this trade. So I guess this guy is a stud huh? lol

Best defenseman in the league when healthy
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Best defenseman in the league when healthy

Damn. Big time trade.
  • bors
  • Veteran
So joe. Pavz. Kane. Karlson. Wow
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
WOW!!! Sharks gave up just about everything they had. We lost several good players and two top picks but upon further thought, we always find late round gems and we've got some other good players still in the system. We truly upgraded the defense and this might be what we need to get a Cup. Overall, it seems we gave up a lot.. But that's because I think we gave up what he was worth.
Tierney is a 3C and Demelo a third pairing Dman. I don't know who the prospects they gave up are. Also conditional 1st if Sharks go to Finals in 2019, 2nd rounder if he's re-signed. The only problem is how do they fit Burns, Kane, Pavs, Couture, Hertl, Vlasic, Karlsson under the salary cap. Both he and Pavs need an extension and removing Thornton's salary is not enough to fit Karlsson.

I was hoping we trade Pavelski actually. I think he's been a ghost for us in the playoffs.
Expect our D-Lines to be:

Vlassic-Karlsson
J.Ryan-Burns
Dillon-Braun
  • dmax
  • Veteran
INCREDIBLE DEAL
sharks should be the favorites to win the cup now
One guy to watch this season is C Dylan Gambrell. Losing Tierney and Fehr creates a big hole at center for us on lines 3/4.

Sorry if I PMed some of you twice, I was trying to PM everyone that posts in hockey threads.

Anyways, Webzone Fantasy Hockey League. We are at 8 people, PM me (or check your PMs) if you are interested.
Road to the Stanley Cup begins today! Go Sharks!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Road to the Stanley Cup begins today! Go Sharks!!

Let's do this!
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
One guy to watch this season is C Dylan Gambrell. Losing Tierney and Fehr creates a big hole at center for us on lines 3/4.

If you want to watch him you will have to go watch minor league hockey because that is where he will be
Gooe shauurwks!
Share 49ersWebzone