LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

2013-2014 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Just like Indiana, OKC might be pretty good if they actually ran an offense.

They need to include more screens and pops with Ibaka. He should work on his passing and driving from the elbow. His shot is money. They would get so many wide open shots from that or crazy mismatches.

Just any movement from anyone would be an improvement. So many of their shots come from either Westbrook or Durant trying to create. That's great and all, but you can do that within an offensive system.

Those two need to work on their court vision and passing even though they know they can get their shots off whenever they want. I still think they would be deadly if Westbrook focused more on defense and then focused on being a true point guard on offense.

Either that or OKC needs to squire a true point and move Westbrook to the two spot.
Scotty Brooks, needs to be fired. You have two of the best players in the league, respectively. You have a perennial All-star in Ibaka and easily one of the best defenders in the NBA. You have Perkins, a world champ, another 7 footers in Adams (who can play!), and a one of the most underrated players in the league in Collinson (for whatever reason only gets playing time when guys get injured...).Butler, Jackson...

On top of that, some of these guys have been together for 4-5 years...In all of these years, your go to play on offense is either A). Westrbrook ISO, or B). Durant ISO...

If you compare the talent on the Spurs with the talent on the Thunder, it's not that close...They simply got out-coached once again. It's no like he just inherited this team this year, you got to have more in your playbook than, ISO, ISO, ISO, ISO, ISO...

Either way, was rooting for the Spurs or Blazers to win it all this year, so I'm happy to see the Spurs advance.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Scotty Brooks, needs to be fired. You have two of the best players in the league, respectively. You have a perennial All-star in Ibaka and easily one of the best defenders in the NBA. You have Perkins, a world champ, another 7 footers in Adams (who can play!), and a one of the most underrated players in the league in Collinson (for whatever reason only gets playing time when guys get injured...).Butler, Jackson...

On top of that, some of these guys have been together for 4-5 years...In all of these years, your go to play on offense is either A). Westrbrook ISO, or B). Durant ISO...

If you compare the talent on the Spurs with the talent on the Thunder, it's not that close...They simply got out-coached once again. It's no like he just inherited this team this year, you got to have more in your playbook than, ISO, ISO, ISO, ISO, ISO...

Either way, was rooting for the Spurs or Blazers to win it all this year, so I'm happy to see the Spurs advance.

I don't think Serge Ibaka has made an all-star team. But yes, he's a darn good PF and an all-star caliber player. Brooks should be fired. I'm glad Vogel is back. Never thought he deserved to be fired. Whoever was tinkering with that team for last 12 months should be on the hot seat.
Originally posted by 4ML:

I don't think Serge Ibaka has made an all-star team. But yes, he's a darn good PF and an all-star caliber player. Brooks should be fired. I'm glad Vogel is back. Never thought he deserved to be fired. Whoever was tinkering with that team for last 12 months should be on the hot seat.

thought he made it the past couple of years, either way...

feel the same way about Vogel, only so much you can do as a coach when you internal problems. and yep, some of those trades they made didn't help them at all, but only hurt them.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jun 1, 2014 at 3:35 PM ]

Ibaka is good no doubt but perennial all star? LOL. Perkins is crap. Collison is marginal at best. The Thunder roster simply isnt very good outside of their top 3-4 guys and they have an awful bench.

I think the Spurs have a better overall roster for sure with more depth at every position. They have smarter players who understand what it takes to win and play a team game. They have one of the greatest players to ever play the game who still can play at the highest level. I really think you underestimate the talent they have.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Ibaka is good no doubt but perennial all star? LOL. Perkins is crap. Collison is marginal at best. The Thunder roster simply isnt very good outside of their top 3-4 guys and they have an awful bench.

I think the Spurs have a better overall roster for sure with more depth at every position. They have smarter players who understand what it takes to win and play a team game. They have one of the greatest players to ever play the game who still can play at the highest level. I really think you underestimate the talent they have.

The coaching is what separates these teams. If Pop was OKC's coach and Brooks was SA's coach, I think OKC wins.

Every player that comes to the Spurs buys into the team first concept. A guy like Diaw looked so damn good in that series. He has played like s**t after that couple good years he had in Phoenix. Pop looks for character guys and when the stars are unselfish the "others" follow suit. Amazing program there. Pop is an all time great.
fire scott brooks already..

also i love KD but dude needs to be more agressive at the end of games.. it still amazes me how they can't find a way to get the guy the ball at times
Originally posted by sacniner:

The coaching is what separates these teams. If Pop was OKC's coach and Brooks was SA's coach, I think OKC wins.

Every player that comes to the Spurs buys into the team first concept. A guy like Diaw looked so damn good in that series. He has played like s**t after that couple good years he had in Phoenix. Pop looks for character guys and when the stars are unselfish the "others" follow suit. Amazing program there. Pop is an all time great.

I dont disagree that Pop is an all time great. I would put him as one of the 3 greatest head coaches ever. However, I think the talent on the team is still underrated. Tim Duncan is the greatest power forward to ever play the game in my opinion and Parker, Ginobli, and Leonard are great players as well. I also think that OKC's roster is highly overrated outside of their big 3.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

also i love KD but dude needs to be more agressive at the end of games.. it still amazes me how they can't find a way to get the guy the ball at times

Brooks' time has ran its course. And yeah, that is crazy. Also, the concept of just giving Westbrook or Durant the ball and having create over and over is ridiculous.

I wonder if you swapped elite PGs... like Westbrook with a healthy Rondo how Durant and that team would do. Still don't know if Westbrook is the ideal fit there.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Brooks' time has ran its course. And yeah, that is crazy. Also, the concept of just giving Westbrook or Durant the ball and having create over and over is ridiculous.

I wonder if you swapped elite PGs... like Westbrook with a healthy Rondo how Durant and that team would do. Still don't know if Westbrook is the ideal fit there.

Adelman would be perfect for this team. He knows how to use a scoring PG as he did with Bibby, a PF that can shoot along with an energy player off the bench in Jackson.

Only if Ibaka can improve his passing.

Talk about the most boring NBA Finals ever.. I don't want to see either of these teams win. I guess if I had to choose I would go with the Spurs.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Talk about the most boring NBA Finals ever.. I don't want to see either of these teams win. I guess if I had to choose I would go with the Spurs.

You're not the first to say this, and I still don't know why. Rematches are awesome. You have one team out for revenge and another looking to replicate history. Best player in the game vs an exciting team that can shoot and execute better than anyone. Looks like the makings of a great one. What matchup would you have preferred?

That as well. I doubt Pops playbook would be ISO ISO ISO...w/ Durant or Westbrook the whole game. Spurs are successful because they know how to play team basketball and buy into that. I like Leonard a lot, always been a fan of Ginobili and Parker, but lets be honest here, if they were so damn good they would've been top 5 picks in their respective drafts.

Leonard is not in Durants league when it comes to talent, and neither is Parker. Parker is a good point guard, but hes not gonna get you 40 / 10 / 10 and impact the game on defense like Westbrook is capable of. That teams lacks coaching, and Brooks needs to go! Biggest underachieving team ever! Especially when they had Harden, no reason they shouldn't have a championship by now.
Share 49ersWebzone