LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Jim Johnson with another clutch save

He actually got the win...2 consecutive games he gets the W, got the ERA down under 8.00, hopefully he's turned the corner.

And why the h*** would Doolittle groove a thigh-high fastball to Trout? He's either got to spot that at the knees on the black or get it up at the letters. Great to see the A's swing the bats a little and have multiple comebacks in one game. Sweep maybe???
Haven't been able to watch as the living in LA + mlb.tv + no cable combo has me SOL for Angels/Dodgers games, but I'm glad for the series win. Great road trip no matter what happens tonight.
I went to bed and we were up 4-1. I had a feeling we would blow this one with our luck the last few games in our favor. Oh well. I'll take 2 of 3 in Anaheim.
This vaunted bullpen has been shaky past couple games, and the defense hasn't helped...also another game where A's get some runs early and then the bats are silent the rest of the night. Would have been so nice to end the roadie with a sweep of the Angels, but overall they went 7-2 on this trip and that does not suck. Astros coming up, 2 of 3 is the minimum.
The bullpen seems a bit gassed after so many close games. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone called up for the homestand (Scribner?) in order to spread out the use of relievers a bit. We need to win a few games by 4+ runs to help out the Closer Committee.
Originally posted by captveg:
The bullpen seems a bit gassed after so many close games. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone called up for the homestand (Scribner?) in order to spread out the use of relievers a bit. We need to win a few games by 4+ runs to help out the Closer Committee.

Ya they really are and it showed yesterday
It'd be nice to see a SP go 8+ innings (or a CG ) soon
Scheduling quirk, nothing but Texas teams for the rest of April...a chance to do some damage inside the division. We'll be at O.co tomorrow, waiting in line for our Josh Donaldson "diorama" bobbleheads.

Let's Go OakLand!
Holy crap - 7 runs in 1/3rd of an inning.

I kinda feel bad for the Astros pitcher (Cosart). Just a performance that went from bad to worse to worst in no time at all.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
lol just flipped this game on. Wow what a start.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Lolstros
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Really... lastros?
Can Reddick bat against the Astros every game?
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM ]
mmmmm pieee

[ Edited by IT21 on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone