LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

2015 Atlanta Braves Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Dansby Swanson.

I like this deal a LOT for the Braves
Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman 1h1 hour ago The #Braves see the top of their lineup beginning with Inciarte batting leadoff and Aybar in the second spot.

So

CF Inciarte
SS Aybar
1B Freeman
LF Olivera
RF Markakis
C Pierzynski
3B Garcia/Beckham
2B Peterson/Beckham
I'm not happy about losing Miller but they got a lot back on the deal.
The Atlanta Braves announced today that the club has hired former All-Star Chipper Jones as a special assistant to baseball operations. Jones will report to John Hart, president of baseball operations, and to General Manager John Coppolella.
In his new capacity, Jones will attend Major League spring training as an instructor, and during the regular season he will primarily focus on assisting Braves hitters. He will also assist with amateur scouting leading up to theJune draft, as well as some minor-league player evaluation and instruction.
"We are excited to bring Chipper on board as a special assistant," Coppolella said. "He brings a wealth of experience – from being a number one overall draft pick, to having a highly-successful career as a World Series champion, a league MVP and a batting champion, to coming back from major injuries. Chipper spent his entire Hall-of-Fame caliber career in a Braves uniform and we look forward to his input with our staff and with hitting.
http://atlantabraves.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/12/braves-building-middle-infield-strength-to-last-long-time/

I'm still not crazy about losing Simmons or Miller but I did get excited when I read this blog about the future of the team. Looks like the Braves might be closer than a lot of people(myself included) expected.

I do still expect em to have the worst team in baseball this year though!
Originally posted by TheChozen:
http://atlantabraves.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/12/braves-building-middle-infield-strength-to-last-long-time/

I'm still not crazy about losing Simmons or Miller but I did get excited when I read this blog about the future of the team. Looks like the Braves might be closer than a lot of people(myself included) expected.

I do still expect em to have the worst team in baseball this year though!

Yep, losing Simmons still stings. Still I look forward to seeing what this braves team can do.
Bought tix to the 2 game series against the Red Sox. Hope I don't regret it. They better at least be competitive.
Frenchy's coming home!

The Braves agree to terms on a minor league contract with outfielder Jeff Francoeur with an invitation to attend Spring Training.
[ Edited by NJNiner on Feb 22, 2016 at 4:26 PM ]

Originally posted by NJNiner:
Frenchy's coming home!

The Braves agree to terms on a minor league contract with outfielder Jeff Francoeur with an invitation to attend Spring Training.

I saw this. Made me laugh. I I hope he's learned to hit better than he did last time he was in Atlanta.
Just watched the top 100 on MLB Network. I really thought Freeman would easily be in this but he was nowhere to be found. I'm kinda shocked. Didn't expect him to be in the top 25 or anything but I do think he's in the top 100.
Nice rally by the Braves but it wasn't meant to be.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Nice rally by the Braves but it wasn't meant to be.

Not getting my hopes up for this season at all. I just wanna see some improvement by the young kids. I wanna see em grow.
Share 49ersWebzone