There are 166 users in the forums

Official 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Shots fired at Stoney lol

Bad wording. Stoney is such a Lakers fan that I think they could pay Kobe 50 Million per year and he would be happy. I mean, there isnt a bigger fan than him. I just think Pete is more likely to be unbiased when it comes to the signing. Thats all.

You think wrong.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Bad wording. Stoney is such a Lakers fan that I think they could pay Kobe 50 Million per year and he would be happy. I mean, there isnt a bigger fan than him. I just think Pete is more likely to be unbiased when it comes to the signing. Thats all.

You think wrong.

OK 24 million then per yr.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

You think wrong.

OK 24 million then per yr.

Well that's $8 million less than he's making this year. lol
I'm not comfortable with being compared to Stoney in terms of fandom. He's a great, diehard Laker fan, and just because I disagree with him it doesn't make me right.
Regarding this extension, to put it simply, I don't know how you construct a championship team out of a 35 y/o+, post-Achilles tear Kobe Bryant, Robert Sacre, & $34-35M of cap space.

They've completed effed up this rebuilding effort. This isn't the first domino to fall, but it's the most damaging. My best hope is that we land a stud with the 15th pick (even though we should have tanked and been a part of the monstrous Top 7 in this draft ), pick up one of the max level FA's in '15 (Rondo, Love, Aldridge, Gasol, Hibbert) and then Durant in '16 when Kobe expires.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm not comfortable with being compared to Stoney in terms of fandom. He's a great, diehard Laker fan, and just because I disagree with him it doesn't make me right.

Doesn't make you wrong, either.

I just don't see any of the max players actually wanting to come here next summer. Lebron isn't coming here. Melo already said he doesn't want to play here, and frankly, I don't want him to. So they're looking at getting some 2nd level guys to stack around what we already have. Kobe's new contract doesn't prohibit that. And IMO, I think Pau is going to come back at a discounted price. Does that put us in a position to be a serious title contender? Probably not. But that's just how I see it going down.
I definetly was trying to start something between Stoney and John lol
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
finally...this was the lineup i was begging for since the season started. blake played amazing, that was one of the best passing games ive ever seen out of him. he truly looked like steve nash on those bounce passes

we stick with this lineup, we can be a 6-4 team every 10 games, and that will just good enough until kobe comes back.

This team isnt going to play .600 ball without Kobe. Get real.

4-2 and so far
I definetly was trying to start something between Stoney and John lol

Obviously.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol a Laker team made up of castaways and rejects still destroy the warriors and kings.

finally...this was the lineup i was begging for since the season started. blake played amazing, that was one of the best passing games ive ever seen out of him. he truly looked like steve nash on those bounce passes

we stick with this lineup, we can be a 6-4 team every 10 games, and that will just good enough until kobe comes back.

4-2 and so far

4-2 and so far

Yes but 5 of the 6 games were at home and you only beat one really good team ( Warriors) that are a mess with injuries. There isnt a chance in hell that the Lakers would win 60% of their games over the long haul without Kobe. Just impossible. They better beat New Orleans, Detroit, and Sacramento at home.
Originally posted by susweel:
lol a Laker team made up of castaways and rejects still destroy the warriors and kings.

Put down December 21 at Oracle. Want to make a large wager on that one? No. didnt think so.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

4-2 and so far

sacre is the man.

i would be shocked if he doesnt become a starter or a good role player in a year or two. he's a big guy with good athleticism, with proper coaching and as long as he has the passion (which it looks like he does lol) he could be an impact player down the line.
Share 49ersWebzone