LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

**LeBron James Off-season Thread**

Originally posted by Jcool:
LeBron James ‏@KingJames

23 it is! It's only right I go back. 2�3=6 We still family 6. #HomeTeam #StriveForGreatness

http://instagram.com/p/q9knmsCTLb/

Too bad. I liked 6. I'm cool with respecting Jordan, but I like when players make their own number important.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
LeBron James ‏@KingJames

23 it is! It's only right I go back. 2�3=6 We still family 6. #HomeTeam #StriveForGreatness

Too bad. I liked 6. I'm cool with respecting Jordan, but I like when players make their own number important.

i thought he'd pick a different number than 23 for the sole reason of selling more jerseys. now everyone with a #23 cleveland jersey doesnt have to buy a new one even if their jerseys have been changed since he left. thought it was a no brainer but i guess not.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
LeBron James ‏@KingJames

i thought he'd pick a different number than 23 for the sole reason of selling more jerseys. now everyone with a #23 cleveland jersey doesnt have to buy a new one even if their jerseys have been changed since he left. thought it was a no brainer but i guess not.

Some Cleveland fans still aren't sure how they feel about him after he left, and now you think he is gonna f**k those people over and make them buy the updated jersey (if they want to stay updated)?
Originally posted by jrg:
LeBron James ‏@KingJames

Some Cleveland fans still aren't sure how they feel about him after he left, and now you think he is gonna f**k those people over and make them buy the updated jersey (if they want to stay updated)?

well of course, they havent started playing games yet. 25 games in when they're like 19-6 as opposed to 6-19 those jerseys would have been selling big time. now if you've got a #23 already you'll probably be on the fence about it as opposed to all in with the new number.
Meh. It's still a Lebron jersey no matter the number. Only 99 would be like " oh you got an old jersey and it isn't even limited!" Lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Meh. It's still a Lebron jersey no matter the number. Only 99 would be like " oh you got an old jersey and it isn't even limited!" Lol

So if details don't matter, that must mean a Jerry Rice Seahawks jersey is just as good as a Jerry Rice 49ers jersey.

"Meh. It's still a Rice jersey"

So he switched to 6 out of respect of Jordan and says nobody should ever wear that number again, and then switches back to 23 4 years later. I guess it's f**k you Jordan, now. lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I think that was stupid to begin with. It's not like Jordan ever played for the Cavaliers.
I would lol if the Cavs didn't win it all in the next two years and LeBron bolted again
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I think that was stupid to begin with. It's not like Jordan ever played for the Cavaliers.

Miami had retired Jordan's no. a while back. I don't really know why lol but whatever. Lebron said no one should wear 23 when he joined Miami...so, social media is once again losing their s**ts like they got diarrhea...apparently they can't comprehend that a man can change his mind lol

Originally posted by 4ML:

Miami had retired Jordan's no. a while back. I don't really know why lol but whatever. Lebron said no one should wear 23 when he joined Miami...so, social media is once again losing their s**ts like they got diarrhea...apparently they can't comprehend that a man can change his mind lol

With all due respect, you are the ultimate fanboy, 4ML. lol

you dont think its a bit high and mighty? i can wear 23 for 7 or 8 years then i switch teams and i think league wide nobody should wear #23 (a la gretzky's 99 in hockey) but then after 4 years i can change my mind when it benefits me?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

you dont think its a bit high and mighty? i can wear 23 for 7 or 8 years then i switch teams and i think league wide nobody should wear #23 (a la gretzky's 99 in hockey) but then after 4 years i can change my mind when it benefits me?

He's the best player in the World - I'm sure the dude has a huge ego and thinks the NBA revolves around him. Is this a shock to ppl? Lesser ppl think the World revolves around them.

He changed his mind. Had he kept the number "6" - ppl were gonna be like - of course he picked "6" - he wants more ppl to buy his jersey. lol
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 27, 2014 at 10:27 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Oh you don't have to say "with all due respect" because I really don't care what you think of me.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Oh you don't have to say "with all due respect" because I really don't care what you think of me.

No, it's true. I say that because it's not a "f**k you" I'm putting out there by calling you that. s**t, I'm a kobe fanboy. lol But seriously, bro. Lebron can not do a single thing wrong in your eyes and every single thing the guy does/says/anything you find a way to explain rationally and defend him. You never ever just laugh at some of the funny s**t about him or that he does. You're like a machine. Unrelenting in your love and ability to defend his royal highness. lol
Share 49ersWebzone