There are 221 users in the forums

**LeBron James Off-season Thread**

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I remember seeing that video before. There were a couple of years when he was the best SG in the game.

I hope Lebron can do for Kyrie (and hopefully Wiggins) what Wade did for him.

I'm really really hoping Cavs are smart and they keep Wiggins. Minny can trade Love to GS if they want for Lee, Barnes and 1st round pick or they can trade for Waiters, Bennett and couple of 1st rounders. But, Cavs gotta hold onto Wiggins.

I was implying he had a better year. IMO - to be considered the best at your position - you've to have multiple years (3-4) as the best player at that position. My bad if my phrasing caused confusion.

When D-Rose had that stellar year - I said it at the time too. CP3 is still the best PG in the game...but D-Rose had a better year.

Fair enough. I wouldn't have acted like it was ridiculous if you said Wade had a couple of better years, even if I disagreed, but you said that there were a couple of years where he was the best SG in the game, which you're saying means something else. I get you now.

My bad lol - yeah misunderstanding. It happens. I'm still pretty torn about Lebron leaving Miami/Wade. So may not have paid close attn to the words.

For the record, I truly believe that Kobe is the 2nd best SG ever to play, barely behind Michael and whoever is 3rd best (Wade or Jerry West or whoever) isn't even close.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM ]
My bad lol - yeah misunderstanding. It happens. I'm still pretty torn about Lebron leaving Miami/Wade. So may not have paid close attn to the words.

For the record, I truly believe that Kobe is the 2nd best SG ever to play, barely behind Michael and whoever is 3rd best (Wade or Jerry West or whoever) isn't even close.

I got Kobe a good bit off from MJ because I see 6 Finals MVPs for starters and MJ led the league in scoring every season he was a Bull once he got going. They said prior to you couldn't win a chip as the leading scorer. He did it six times! I got Kobe ahead of LeBron because 5>2 and Kobe did all this with folk hating him. He just stared down the haters and did it anyway. I got LeBron on pace to surpass Kobe and coming into this Finals MJ too. LeBron lost to the better team but I just didn't like the fact that he let the guy checking him get the MVP. That's just me I guess but I felt that if LeBron worked him over real good games 3 and 4 Kawhi would lack confidence to be a factor the rest of the way. Take his nuts! Kobe had the same deal vs Paul Pierce so that's that but I got LeBron still needing more chips to catch him. Right now I got MJ>Kobe>LeBron but I expect LeBron to pass Kobe injury notwithstanding and he still has a small chance to catch MJ. We will see but I try to be fair because greatness can't be denied no matter who you are a fan of
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I got Kobe a good bit off from MJ because I see 6 Finals MVPs for starters and MJ led the league in scoring every season he was a Bull once he got going. They said prior to you couldn't win a chip as the leading scorer. He did it six times! I got Kobe ahead of LeBron because 5>2 and Kobe did all this with folk hating him. He just stared down the haters and did it anyway. I got LeBron on pace to surpass Kobe and coming into this Finals MJ too. LeBron lost to the better team but I just didn't like the fact that he let the guy checking him get the MVP. That's just me I guess but I felt that if LeBron worked him over real good games 3 and 4 Kawhi would lack confidence to be a factor the rest of the way. Take his nuts! Kobe had the same deal vs Paul Pierce so that's that but I got LeBron still needing more chips to catch him. Right now I got MJ>Kobe>LeBron but I expect LeBron to pass Kobe injury notwithstanding and he still has a small chance to catch MJ. We will see but I try to be fair because greatness can't be denied no matter who you are a fan of

For me, it's more than just chips. I think Kobe is just behind Michael because he took Michael's game and made it look even smoother - and many thought that's not possible. I think Kobe is a much better 3pt shooter as well. Kobe was able to do pretty much everything Michael could do - and in some cases - he could do them better. Kobe takes tougher shots and makes it look easy. Yes, he misses a lot of shots but he still makes 45% of them.

Of course, Michael gets the nod not just because of the rings - but because he created those moves - he invented many of them. Kobe's game would have looked very very different if it wasn't for Michael.

Lebron is a mix of Scottie and Magic - but can average 30 a night and shoot high % from 3s. You're right about Kawhi but let's not forget that Spurs passing was on another level and it made defending any one player almost impossible.

And...Lebron was playing in 4th straight final. He also played Olympics in between and got married last fall as well. Michael was tired after 3 straight Finals and left the game twice. It's taxing on your body and Lebron is 270lbs not 220. Can't over-look that, imho.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

..and my no. 1 & no. 2 video-bomb

Wheelbarrow was fukin' awesome.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 13, 2014 at 11:31 PM ]
For me, it's more than just chips. I think Kobe is just behind Michael because he took Michael's game and made it look even smoother - and many thought that's not possible. I think Kobe is a much better 3pt shooter as well. Kobe was able to do pretty much everything Michael could do - and in some cases - he could do them better. Kobe takes tougher shots and makes it look easy. Yes, he misses a lot of shots but he still makes 45% of them.

Of course, Michael gets the nod not just because of the rings - but because he created those moves - he invented many of them. Kobe's game would have looked very very different if it wasn't for Michael.

Lebron is a mix of Scottie and Magic - but can average 30 a night and shoot high % from 3s. You're right about Kawhi but let's not forget that Spurs passing was on another level and it made defending any one player almost impossible.

And...Lebron was playing in 4th straight final. He also played Olympics in between and got married last fall as well. Michael was tired after 3 straight Finals and left the game twice. It's taxing on your body and Lebron is 270lbs not 220. Can't over-look that, imho.

I have to study Kobe again in his prime but MJ looked better than everyone to me. He looked much stronger and more explosive than Kobe and his scoring seemed more effortless but then there were points Kobe looked on par with MJ. MJ was also very energetic. Especially in Finals and even with the flu. I never saw him quit or appear to at least. As to LeBron I agree fatique got to him especially after four Finals trips and carrying team USA. Then the style of defense MIA plays without a true big man at four or five forces MIA to help and recover vs a constantly moving ball. It was tough on LeBron this time out. I think I could be asking too much from him. I just wanted to see him punish Kawhi even in a loss for a couple games there
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I'd first like to see him play with Lebron before trading him away.

Double double in summer league is like a single single in the regular season.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Not saying he's gonna be a double double machine - but reports are positive. When did we hear anything positive about Bennett last year? Also, Cavs have hired a real coach (I don't know much about him but everyone seems to say that he's a highly intelligent coach) so it makes sense to wait before trading him away. Now, if Wolves are ready to take Bennett and Waiters for Love today - then of course you do it - but if that doesn't happen - I'd like to see what he's capable of playing next to Lebron.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Not saying he's gonna be a double double machine - but reports are positive. When did we hear anything positive about Bennett last year? Also, Cavs have hired a real coach (I don't know much about him but everyone seems to say that he's a highly intelligent coach) so it makes sense to wait before trading him away. Now, if Wolves are ready to take Bennett and Waiters for Love today - then of course you do it - but if that doesn't happen - I'd like to see what he's capable of playing next to Lebron.

Same here! He's added some muscle and isn't as fat as he was last year. It looks like he finally got his head out of his ass and decided to try being a NBA player now. I don't remember him putting up any decent numbers last year in summer league but I may be wrong. Plus a successful summer league will seriously boost his confidence. He started off last year so horrible and I really think it affected his mentality for the rest of the season before he got hurt. I don't think he'll ever live up to being a #1 overall pick but I do think he'll still end up being a good player in the league.
Bennett's about 20lbs lighter than he was at this time last year.

He's still fat and has a big head
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshulk:

Yea, he needs to lose 20 more...but at least he sort of resembles a basketball player now. He looked like a 1st baseman last year.
Originally posted by marshulk:

Yea, he needs to lose 20 more...but at least he sort of resembles a basketball player now. He looked like a 1st baseman last year.

lol

What was the problem the 1st year? Injuries? Too much weight? Lazy?

I did not follow him real close at UNLV. But at least on the highlights he sure looked like he had some talent in college. You can't be the #1 pick for no reason. I think there is some talent there.

What was the issue? And why do people think he is a complete bust after 1 year? Isn't he like 19 or so? That's kind of early to give up on a player IMO. He looks like a strong rebounder and gets a lot of dunks on the UNLV highlights at least. He also moves and jumps well for a big guy. There is some obvious athleticism there. He shoots pretty good from the outside.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--mike-miller-joining-lebron-james-with-cavaliers-213609942.html

Mike Miller 2 years with the Cavs. Signed. Nice pickup.
Share 49ersWebzone